• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

maybe we need to stretch it so that those who "don't want" to be vaccinated need to be, but thanks to our good friends at the SCOTUS, that ain't happening.

The SCOTUS said OSHA can't impose a vaccine mandate on workers because OSHA's statutory grant of authority isn't that broad. It didn't say anything about states not being able to impose mandates, and Jacobson is pretty clear that states can impose general mandates on all residents, not just workers. Maybe you can prevail upon some of your blue state brethren to step up.

Why ? There's little evidence of community spread in schools.

It's masking bro.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0924-school-masking.html

I don't want to go on a rant here, and this is not directed at Biff, but I am tired of all these weak pussies on the right who can't handle wearing a fucking little mask on their faces and project that on their children. These are the weakest, most pathetic people on the planet -- just soggy bags of useless freedumb sludge. The absolute worse of us.

I mean the only people we hurt by masking children were maybe hearing impaired and fuck them we already have to deal with blinding strobe lights so they don’t burn up in a fire.

I barely have to wear a mask so it's not that big of a deal when I do. But I also have just about stopped going to the gym because I can't stand wearing a mask while I work out. The dumb thing about the mandates is that you aren't going to catch it so many situations where it's required, like playing basketball. And I'm telling you people again, high school students are not wearing masks as much as you think they are, at least not from what I've observed.

Telling me it's okay to sit two feet from someone while I eat dinner maskless tells me that you're into situational restrictions based on what you can get away with.

I barely have to wear a mask so it's not that big of a deal when I do. But I also have just about stopped going to the gym because I can't stand wearing a mask while I work out. The dumb thing about the mandates is that you aren't going to catch it so many situations where it's required, like playing basketball. And I'm telling you people again, high school students are not wearing masks as much as you think they are, at least not from what I've observed.

Telling me it's okay to sit two feet from someone while I eat dinner maskless tells me that you're into situational restrictions based on what you can get away with.

High school students are definitely not wearing masks much outside of the school day. But they wear them in school, which decreases the chance of transmission to teachers and staff.

And eating dinner two feet from someone, mask-less, is a great way to get COVID. I would not recommend that if you are trying to avoid COVID.

I barely have to wear a mask so it's not that big of a deal when I do.

I wear masks all day, every day, when sitting in small rooms with people, and I have done so since March 2020. It's not a big deal. When the patient has active COVID, I wear an N95, and if they do not have known active COVID I wear a cloth or surgical paper mask. I definitely did not get COVID, because I was never ill and I got antibodies checked every few months.

It's masking bro.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0924-school-masking.html

I don't want to go on a rant here, and this is not directed at Biff, but I am tired of all these weak pussies on the right who can't handle wearing a fucking little mask on their faces and project that on their children. These are the weakest, most pathetic people on the planet -- just soggy bags of useless freedumb sludge. The absolute worse of us.

I posted this awhile ago, but the University of Michigan studied schools with mask mandates and those without, and found a significant difference in covid transmission.

“This is a study exactly about this situation. It doesn’t get more specific than this study, which is about kids in school with masks and without masks,” said American Medical Association Chairman Dr. Bobby Mukkamala.

New data from the University of Michigan and the state health department shows Michigan students who attended schools with mask requirements at the beginning of the school year, had lower rates of coronavirus transmission than those at schools without mandates...The rate of infection reached an average of about 45 cases per 100 thousand students by late September in school districts with mask mandates. Virus spread was 62% higher in school districts without mask rules- where the infection rate averaged 73 cases per 100 thousand students by late September.

Link: https://www.abc12.com/coronavirus/university-of-michigan-study-shows-mask-mandates-at-schools-show-lower-covid-transmission-rates/article_9dfcd525-94d5-50cb-9b00-ac1c2171d7fe.html

I wear a mask in the gym because Im not a crybaby. today I did the elliptical for 25 min, and then lifted weights for about 25 min, then hit the sauna for 10. I drink coffee before I work out and I wore a mask for all of it and I smelled my own terrible coffee breath the whole time and I didn't love it but I'm fine. jesus christ

so fucking what?

If people are in 100 'situations' a day and some are masked for 95 of them they are less likely to get/spread COVID than the group who is masked for 55 of them.

He is disingenuously trying to gin up support for the stupid ass take that the mandates are only being dropped because of considerations for the midterm elections.

Mandates were only ever fought by people wanting to win political points so...

High school students are definitely not wearing masks much outside of the school day. But they wear them in school, which decreases the chance of transmission to teachers and staff.

And eating dinner two feet from someone, mask-less, is a great way to get COVID. I would not recommend that if you are trying to avoid COVID.

I've been eating out since this thing began and haven't gotten it yet. Sure, I guess I'm lucky, but what really kept me safe is I wore the mask when I went to the restroom.

I've been eating out since this thing began and haven't gotten it yet. Sure, I guess I'm lucky, but what really kept me safe is I wore the mask when I went to the restroom.

It’s not about keeping you safe. It about keeping you from cough or sneezing on someone else’s dinner as you walk to the bathroom. This is hard for some people but we live in a society, yadda yadda…

Well I haven't done that either.

You're not coming into close contact with anyone when you're walking around.

It’s not about keeping you safe. It about keeping you from cough or sneezing on someone else’s dinner as you walk to the bathroom. This is hard for some people but we live in a society, yadda yadda…

exactly, but this point means nothing to certain types of people.

I posted this awhile ago, but the University of Michigan studied schools with mask mandates and those without, and found a significant difference in covid transmission.

“This is a study exactly about this situation. It doesn’t get more specific than this study, which is about kids in school with masks and without masks,” said American Medical Association Chairman Dr. Bobby Mukkamala.

New data from the University of Michigan and the state health department shows Michigan students who attended schools with mask requirements at the beginning of the school year, had lower rates of coronavirus transmission than those at schools without mandates...The rate of infection reached an average of about 45 cases per 100 thousand students by late September in school districts with mask mandates. Virus spread was 62% higher in school districts without mask rules- where the infection rate averaged 73 cases per 100 thousand students by late September.

Link: https://www.abc12.com/coronavirus/university-of-michigan-study-shows-mask-mandates-at-schools-show-lower-covid-transmission-rates/article_9dfcd525-94d5-50cb-9b00-ac1c2171d7fe.html

So 45 out of 100,000 versus 73 out of 100,000. Are you serious? I'm sure glad the other 99,927 did their part.

So 45 out of 100,000 versus 73 out of 100,000. Are you serious? I'm sure glad the other 99,927 did their part.

Knock the data all you want, but a 62% higher rate of infection isn't trivial. I'll take the word of the AMA Chairman, I think.

Last edited:
There's little doubt that public fatigue with the pandemic (understandable) is affecting these blended (scientific/political) decisions.

Back