• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Ugh. Please Wegmans' family don't have any laundry that dirty that can get aired.

Ugh. Please Wegmans' family don't have any laundry that dirty that can get aired.
I don't know about insurrection support, but Wegmans is the only place I have seen Trump wine. (TBF it is local in VA).

Instead of shopping at Publix maybe you Publix fans should just send a check to the Proud Boys or the DeSantis campaign.

I'm all for finding a sufficiently pro-democracy grocery store, so I'm taking recommendations.

going to Europe soon and looking into the Covid-19 testing that is required before returning to the U.S., despite the fact that domestic testing has decreased significantly over the past few months

hearing several anecdotes that this is largely a performative act; pharmacies abroad tell people, "don't worry; we'll get you a negative test"

going to Europe soon and looking into the Covid-19 testing that is required before returning to the U.S., despite the fact that domestic testing has decreased significantly over the past few months

hearing several anecdotes that this is largely a performative act; pharmacies abroad tell people, "don't worry; we'll get you a negative test"

It's extremely performative. Some friends and I are going to Montreal in June and we will have to get tested prior to flying back. Hypothetically, if one of us tested positive there is nothing stopping us from renting a car and driving back into the US since there are no testing requirements for land border crossings. Obviously none of us would do this if we knew we had covid, but it's not really keeping anyone safer when I can go to the airport right now and jump on a cross country flight with no testing requirement.

Hypothetically, if one of us tested positive there is nothing stopping us from renting a car and driving back into the US since there are no testing requirements for land border crossings. Obviously none of us would do this if we knew we had covid, but it's not really keeping anyone safer when I can go to the airport right now and jump on a cross country flight with no testing requirement.

Canadian professional hockey teams are exemplars.

Our man Joe Ladapo is doing his stuff again!

FUVO05QWUAIqImc

Florida undercounted COVID cases and deaths, failed to get test results, state audit says

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article262212557.html

Florida’s COVID-19 data was so inaccurate, incomplete and delayed during the first months of the pandemic that government officials and the public may not have had necessary information to determine the effectiveness of the state’s COVID-19 precautions and the best plan to fight the virus, according to a state report released Monday. Covering the state’s pandemic response from March to October 2020, the yearlong analysis by the Florida Auditor General found missing case and death data, unreported ethnic and racial details, and incomplete contact tracing as the coronavirus spread across the state. In addition, the report concluded that state health officials did not perform routine checks on the data to ensure accuracy and did not follow up on discrepancies.

Florida undercounted COVID cases and deaths, failed to get test results, state audit says

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article262212557.html

Florida’s COVID-19 data was so inaccurate, incomplete and delayed during the first months of the pandemic that government officials and the public may not have had necessary information to determine the effectiveness of the state’s COVID-19 precautions and the best plan to fight the virus, according to a state report released Monday. Covering the state’s pandemic response from March to October 2020, the yearlong analysis by the Florida Auditor General found missing case and death data, unreported ethnic and racial details, and incomplete contact tracing as the coronavirus spread across the state. In addition, the report concluded that state health officials did not perform routine checks on the data to ensure accuracy and did not follow up on discrepancies.

Angus will defend.

behind a paywall but does it say what the "new intelligence" is ? For something this important I think we should probably disclose what the intelligence was that led to this conclusion

behind a paywall but does it say what the "new intelligence" is ? For something this important I think we should probably disclose what the intelligence was that led to this conclusion
No details

“U.S. officials declined to give details on the fresh intelligence and analysis that led the Energy Department to change its position. They added that while the Energy Department and the FBI each say an unintended lab leak is most likely, they arrived at those conclusions for different reasons.”

The Energy Department made its judgment with “low confidence,” according to people who have read the classified report.

The FBI previously came to the conclusion that the pandemic was likely the result of a lab leakin 2021 with “moderate confidence” and still holds to this view.

The National Intelligence Council, which conducts long-term strategic analysis, and four agencies, which officials declined to identify, still assess with “low confidence” that the virus came about through natural transmission from an infected animal, according to the updated report.

The Central Intelligence Agency and another agency that officials wouldn’t name remain undecided between the lab-leak and natural-transmission theories, the people who have read the classified report said.

Back