• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

If you only knew how bad the “planning” for distribution really is. The Biden administration can’t come fast enough.

My dad is 74 with diabetes and a heart condition. He is in great shape considering (5’10”, 160lbs, walks 3 miles a day and gave up alcohol 12 years ago) so I think he is worthy of the vaccine, I just thought drs and nurses would use up the first batch and he’d get his in February.

I’m attributing drinking with my not contracting Covid.

Happy that my grandma got her first dose this week in the old folks home (in NC).

UK approved the Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine. This one only needs to be refrigerated.

Also, UK is spreading the vaccine more widely, giving as many people the first dose and delaying the second dose for three months or so.

ETA:
The UK health authorities estimate 70% protection from the single dose.

Trumptard?

Jus’ doin’ tha lord’s werk?

Or merely an antivax nut?

Some 500 Coronavirus Vaccine Doses Intentionally Destroyed, Hospital Says

well, let's not jump to conclusions on this one. essentially they said the person took the vials out of the fridge. maybe they did not realize they required refrigeration, maybe they were using them and forgot to put them back in the fridge, etc.. remember that hospitals are really busy and backed up right now and that healthcare workers are doing the best they can.

i want to know what was "intentional" outside of taking them out of the fridge. did they mean to destroy them? i don't know the answer to that...could be just a mistake, a really bad one but just a mistake.

hospital let out a statement that it was unintended human error...

Link? More recent than the 10 PM Dec 30 statement linked above that announced the firing of the individual?

my buddy -- a poster here -- works for a hospital, but not patient-facing and has been working remotely, but got the vaccine because, it seems, they had less interest from the eligible front line staff than they anticipated

The individual states shold be doing everything they can to follow the CDC and state guidelines and get front line workers and elderly at risk individuals vaccinated as quickly as possible.

BUT, they should also be vaccinating people from 8AM till 7PM everyday until they run out of vaccine. And if some stupid nurse doesn't want to get vaccinated today, move her (or him) to the back of the line and grab someone who's willing and stick a needle in their arm post haste.

my buddy -- a poster here -- works for a hospital, but not patient-facing and has been working remotely, but got the vaccine because, it seems, they had less interest from the eligible front line staff than they anticipated

That is happening at our hospital too.

The individual states shold be doing everything they can to follow the CDC and state guidelines and get front line workers and elderly at risk individuals vaccinated as quickly as possible.

BUT, they should also be vaccinating people from 8AM till 7PM everyday until they run out of vaccine. And if some stupid nurse doesn't want to get vaccinated today, move her (or him) to the back of the line and grab someone who's willing and stick a needle in their arm post haste.

Hmm, I wonder why none of the states have thought of this? Have you called the governor yet?

Hmm, I wonder why none of the states have thought of this? Have you called the governor yet?

My state is publicly slapping the hand of the local hospital for lining people up to get vaccinated who aren't patient-facing. Either way, people aren't getting vaccinated quickly enough.

Either way, people aren't getting vaccinated quickly enough.

Probably because they don’t know that the vaccinations can be given outside of normal business hours. I’m sure they would be grateful if you let them know that.

I'm just glad everything is running smoothly where you are.

yeah, i think i have moved up in line due to some of the medical center nurses or front line workers and not taking their early opportunity to get vaccinated (timing, near holidays or what have you). so, i get mine on Monday and i do not work directly with patients (more with PhDs, MDs and research personnel). i think i was also moved up because our hospital is overrun with patients and i have to go on campus frequently.

Doesn’t exactly line up with their presumably earlier statement.

Anyhow, if it was just an unintended mistake (which I hope and would rather be the case)...why is this even in the news. I mean, just take your corrective action...quietly.

Actually, per the npr piece...

Aurora Medical Center officials had initially suspected the Moderna vaccines, which must be kept between 36 and 46 degrees Fahrenheit, had inadvertently been left out at the Grafton hospital on Dec. 26. But an investigation found the individual "acknowledged that they intentionally removed the vaccine from refrigeration," officials said Wednesday.

Bolded parts added.

Back