• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Meanwhile, Virginia is slogging its way through the 65+ citizens. By waking up incredibly early one-day last week I scored a reservation for my first dose at a CVS. Got it (Moderna) yesterday. At 71, I was at least 10 years younger than anyone else in the queue. Two guys were discussing their service in the Korean War - un-fucking real.

congrats on getting your shot

Virginia's decision to vax those under 65 with other conditions at the same time as those 65+ has really slowed things down for seniors

nationally, roughly 55% of vaccines have gone to 65+ so far - in Virginia, that percentage is 45%

on another note, your anecdote of Korean vets makes me wonder if the V.A. should be doing a better job

Meanwhile, Virginia is slogging its way through the 65+ citizens. By waking up incredibly early one-day last week I scored a reservation for my first dose at a CVS. Got it (Moderna) yesterday. At 71, I was at least 10 years younger than anyone else in the queue. Two guys were discussing their service in the Korean War - un-fucking real.

Being sooooooooo much younger than you, I felt the same way getting mine at Disneyland.

The worst of the set-up was getting out of the parking lot. I was fifth in line and it took two lights to get out onto an empty street.

HOLY shit RJ, that's a great story about the traffic lights !

Now here's some serious line jumping:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/...-clinic-hollywood-media-employees-1234926792/

"A COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Pasadena, Calif., set to take place on Thursday was canceled on Tuesday after the majority of its time slots were filled with those who work in Hollywood and the media...900 of the clinic’s 1,500 vaccination slots were claimed by those ineligible for the COVID-19 vaccine in the state of California. The clinic was designed to vaccinate people 65 and older and essential workers such as grocery store employees, who live or work in Pasadena, and an email with a registration link was sent to those who qualified last week. Instead, city spokesperson Lisa Derderian tells Variety that many of those who had signed up for the clinic worked at production companies, news outlets, streaming platforms and film or television sets."

Not just smokers. Anyone who has smoked 100 cigs or more in their life is group 4 and can get in line starting 3/24.

Illinois too. I would definitely qualify under the NC standards - not sure what Illinois says on what constitutes a smoker.

Not just smokers. Anyone who has smoked 100 cigs or more in their life is group 4 and can get in line starting 3/24.

Do they differentiate between those who smoked tobacco and those who smoked cigarettes filled with other species of plant material?

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday and I'm solidly low risk in any categories they care about for distribution.

My friends north of Charlotte (outside Meck county) had near instant success getting on standby lists at nearby Walgreens for end of day leftover doses, so I gave it a shot. Drove around to 3 nearby locations, two said they weren't offering anything outside of normal reservations but third location said to call daily after 5. I called at 5:01 and they had one leftover from a cancellation, took my name & phone number and told me to be there before 8. Had a needle in my arm before 6.

No side effects so far either...

congrats on getting your shot

Virginia's decision to vax those under 65 with other conditions at the same time as those 65+ has really slowed things down for seniors

nationally, roughly 55% of vaccines have gone to 65+ so far - in Virginia, that percentage is 45%

Which is a good thing since 65+ year olds live mostly sedentary lifestyles compared to other age groups and are more likely to refuse the vaccine.

Which is a good thing since 65+ year olds live mostly sedentary lifestyles compared to other age groups and are more likely to refuse the vaccine.

here is TN they are finding only about 30% of these people (in rural areas of TN, which got the vaccine first over Nashville) are getting the vaccine. mainly because a large portion of them still do not know how to signup using their phone or computer, which here is the main way to sign up. They are no longer, for a while now, signing up people that call in. this is a real concern.

I do like eligibility criteria just going from zero to 100 overnight. First Georgia was super strict, then it remained super strict and there needed to be changes, so from 65+, nursing homes, healthcare workers, and teachers to 55+ and anyone with a pre-existing condition including being overweight or smoking now eligible. No middle ground.

I do like eligibility criteria just going from zero to 100 overnight. First Georgia was super strict, then it remained super strict and there needed to be changes, so from 65+, nursing homes, healthcare workers, and teachers to 55+ and anyone with a pre-existing condition including being overweight or smoking now eligible. No middle ground.

Georgia has one million doses of stockpiled vaccine. They are administering roughly 45,000 doses per day.

Here is a map of vaccine availability through commercial pharmacies across Georgia:

Green = available
red = no vaccine available
brown = incomplete information

(live map here)

EwH5OEmXIAIaVmh

Back