• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Oh man, I completely misread where you went. 🤦‍♂️

EwzdMUCWEAIkH00

Both wife and I have got both shots, me pfizer, she moderna

Looks like the Oxford-Astra Zeneca vaccine has finished successful trial in the US. 79% effective at preventing symptoms and 100% effective at preventing serious disease. Presentation to US FDA and publication expected in the next few weeks. This is the easy to store (refrigerator) inexpensive, two shot vaccine.

ETA:

Yahoo News report

Washington Post article

Last edited:
Looks like the Oxford-Astra Zeneca vaccine has finished successful trial in the US. 79% effective at preventing symptoms and 100% effective at preventing serious disease. Presentation to US FDA and publication expected in the next few weeks. This is the easy to store (refrigerator) inexpensive, two shot vaccine.

ETA:

Yahoo News report

Washington Post article

Unless things change in the next couple of months, I bet this never gets used in the US. If J&J ramps up production as predicted, it’s clearly the superior alternative.

Unless things change in the next couple of months, I bet this never gets used in the US. If J&J ramps up production as predicted, it’s clearly the superior alternative.

Some have said the AZ vaccine is more trustworthy because it is more like traditional vaccines and doesn't use mRNA like Pfizer and Moderna. I'm pretty sure J&J uses mRNA too.

Some have said the AZ vaccine is more trustworthy because it is more like traditional vaccines and doesn't use mRNA like Pfizer and Moderna. I'm pretty sure J&J uses mRNA too.

That's a negative. No mRNA in the JandJ vaccine

US government pre-ordered 300 million doses of the A-Z vaccine. So I expect it will get to some in the US.

Got my first Pfizer on Friday. Had to drive an hour to rural NC for an appointment though but at least I was headed that direction anyway for the weekend. At least second dose will be local.

No real side effects from dose 1 other than a bit of arm soreness the next morning like a flu shot. No biggie. But I’m expecting a more substantial set of effects from the next one.

Back