• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

so i'm essentially group 5 but i can just make up some lame reason why i'm sorta group 4 and get vaccinated or do people still have a ethical issue with that?

so i'm essentially group 5 but i can just make up some lame reason why i'm sorta group 4 and get vaccinated or do people still have a ethical issue with that?

Lying to make an appointment would be unethical. Getting on a wait list for leftover doses at the end of the day would not be unethical, IMO.

I have been trying to sign up at Austin's mass testing site at circuit of america's. No luck so far, I am hating all the olds getting that sweet vax. Keep hearing people my age get it, or get that J&J but nothing on my radar right now.

Just get it asap and don't broadcast it all over social media and you won't catch any shit.

We are at a point where Forsyth and Guilford counties are oversupplied with vaccine doses.

Just get it asap and don't broadcast it all over social media and you won't catch any shit.

We are at a point where Forsyth and Guilford counties are oversupplied with vaccine doses.

oh i would for sure do that (keep it on DL) - it's more for my own ethical moral compass

I have seen posts and know people who've gotten it that have no business getting it, yet. My 22 year old former NCAA division 1 soccer player grad student got the vaccine last week, because she is TAing a class. She is a great student, but frankly, that is bullshit. After that, I went ahead and signed my wife up for an appointment because she can never get off work in time to take advantage of the wasted vax opportunity at the rural Walmart. She's a vet and sees clients all day, 5 days a week, plus emergency duty every third weekend. She had to go to the scene of a car accident the other night to deal with two horses in a mangled horse trailer, and of course none of the cops at the scene nor the horse owners were wearing masks. So, I signed her up as a medical professional and she got the first dose of the Pfiaser vax on Saturday.

I guess my ethics are relative or rooted in fairness. If enough other participants in the system are not following the same rules, or the rules are being arbitrarily enforced, or the rules were arbitrarily established, I think it is ok to do what you feel is necessary and right.

why the f is a vet not eligible yet? that's frontline stuff.

Just got the first dose of the Pfizer, about three hours ago. I feel a little headachey and woozy. Anyone else have that experience?

No real side effects from dose 1 other than a bit of arm soreness the next morning like a flu shot. No biggie. But I’m expecting a more substantial set of effects from the next one.

I got phucked by phizer on my phirst shot, lymph node swelling all up my neck on the side of the shot phor like 2 weeks, could barely turn my head. Worse than the Rona itselph. It's probably the karma payback I get for PHing the line, but I'm back to Dirty Myrtle for Easter so idgaf.

I got phucked by phizer on my phirst shot, lymph node swelling all up my neck on the side of the shot phor like 2 weeks, could barely turn my head. Worse than the Rona itselph. It's probably the karma payback I get for PHing the line, but I'm back to Dirty Myrtle for Easter so idgaf.

feel like you should have ended that with idgaPh

Lol covid is no big deal and a total nothing burger...but I’m going to jump the line and get the vaccine ASAP.

why the f is a vet not eligible yet? that's frontline stuff.

I mean, Florida has elementary school teachers but not college professors, so like I said, arbitrary rules that everyone is breaking anyway.

Got my second covid shot (Pfizer) on Saturday. Other than a pretty sore arm I didn't have any serious reactions. Lucky, as some people I know had considerably worse symptoms for a day or two. At least it's over and hopefully as more people are vaccinated we can all start returning to normal, or something close.

Yeah, I think we will be in Group 5 in a couple of weeks statewide. Some counties and drug stores may try to stay in aground 4 but there is plenty of vaccine out there and available in NC.

New York Times tracker updates daily with eligibility for every state

currently, all adults eligible in AK, MS, WV, parts of other states

Georgia rumored to be going to all adults soon

Lol covid is no big deal and a total nothing burger...but I’m going to jump the line and get the vaccine ASAP.

I'm more than happy to get my phlacebo if it means people realize we can stop wearing the masks and the kids get back in school full time. Whatever works to flip that media mindswitch.

Back