• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

What does govt messaging on J&J have to do with their ability to do a completely different thing?

Not that there’s ever much thought to your super astute zingers but that’s a dumb stretch.

The acting commissioner of the FDA looks like a real winner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Woodcock

On January 27, 2021 a coalition of 28 public health groups and opioid crisis organizations sent a letter to the Biden Administration regarding Woodcock's position as Acting Commissioner of the FDA. The letter said in part that "as the Director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) for more than 25 years, Dr. Woodcock presided over one of the worst regulatory agency failures in U.S. history."[6] Examples of improper opioid decisions mentioned in the letter include "approving Opana without adequate evidence of safety or long-term efficacy, approving Zohydro despite a vote of 11-2 against approval by a scientific advisory committee, and approving promotion of OxyContin for children as young as 11 years old."[6]

Biden deserves to get skewered for promoting this corrupt idiot. Wonder what the logic is for pausing the vaccine with a less than 1/1,000,000 chance of side effects yet being okay giving OxyContin to 11 year olds.

pretty sure the fda put the hold on the jnj vaccine bc they did not include that sweet sweet bill gates 5G tracker in it. oops!

They jeopardized public sentiment about the JJ vax, which was the best one for rural populations, because of a statistically insignificant sample of problems.

Awful. This will cost way more lives than the 6 people who got blood clots who couldn't be ruled put as having got them elsewhere. 🙄

Nope. Because people aren’t very bright.

The federal government can't even competently manage the messaging on a vaccine but your preference is for the same big brains to run a trillion dollar industry?

El-Oh-El
Neither the federal government nor the private sector can overcome the idiocy and selfishness of the masses.

The federal government can't even competently manage the messaging on a vaccine but your preference is for the same big brains to run a trillion dollar industry?

El-Oh-El
The same government that handles healthcare for the elderly population?

meh, I've seen this a lot among people on social media but

1. to agree with ph, they know that's not how the general population will digest the information

2. it's also inconsistent with how they oversee lots of other drugs with other side effects and feels very reactionary

seems like bad public health practice

tenor.gif

... But he changed his tune in a Facebook live on Monday when he complained to viewers: “I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying. Just a clusterfuck. I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese shit. I’ve got a stuffed up head, body aches. My God, what a pain in the ass. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days.”

:rolleyes:

So they're saying vaccines may ooze something that causes spontaneous abortions.

Back