• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Are all GOP grifters? Christ Republicans are easy marks.

That’s some 4-D chess while the Tennessee GOP is cancelling vaccines and beefing with Taylor Swift.

Sounds a little on the fascist and authoritarian side, no?

Whats more fascist and authoritarian? Calling out liars for perpetuating disinformation that helped to tank the economy and kill more than 600k people OR trying to overturn a free and fair election. The two are nothing alike.

conservatives: it's well within a bakery's right -- or terms of service -- to deny baking a wedding cake for a gay couple

also conservatives: tech companies like Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon enforcing their terms of service to ban apps and users of said apps is fascist and authoritarian and the government must step in and do something about it.

also, also conservatives: the WH press secretary talking about Facebook users is fascist and authoritarian.

GOP: You know Trump made the vaccine possible, you need to give him all the credit.

Also GOP: You ain't sticking me with no needle.

It’s weird.

For decades conservatives have railed against notions of “moral relativism”, etc. Truth and good were supposedly pretty universal or absolute.

Now they don’t give a shit about facts or truth. Suddenly they seem interested in equal representation of “views”, especially false “conservative” ones as relate to history, science, etc.

I was looking for data re: vaccinated people spreading Covid but couldn't find much

anybody know about that?

conservatives: it's well within a bakery's right -- or terms of service -- to deny baking a wedding cake for a gay couple

also conservatives: tech companies like Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon enforcing their terms of service to ban apps and users of said apps is fascist and authoritarian and the government must step in and do something about it.

also, also conservatives: the WH press secretary talking about Facebook users is fascist and authoritarian.

Equating Facebook to a single bakery seems well… dumb

COVID-19 Vaccines and Vaccination

Data from multiple studies in different countries suggest that people vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine who develop COVID-19 have a lower viral load than unvaccinated people.(50-54) This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission(55). Two studies from the United Kingdom found significantly reduced likelihood of transmission to household contacts from people infected with SARS-CoV-2 who were previously vaccinated for COVID-19.(26, 56)

No doubt we’ll know more in time.

For those in North Carolina, COVID cases have begun rising. Yesterday was the first day with over 1000 cases reported in the state in 2 months. I check our hospital system dashboard (updates at least hourly) and we have doubled in cases in the past few days. This is almost certainly from the delta variant. I think cases will rise quickly and we are probably looking at a 6 week surge. Even if vaccinated, I would plan to wear a mask indoors and avoid indoor contact as much as possible over the next 6 weeks.

Back