• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

It’s weird.

For decades conservatives have railed against notions of “moral relativism”, etc. Truth and good were supposedly pretty universal or absolute.

Now they don’t give a shit about facts or truth. Suddenly they seem interested in equal representation of “views”, especially false “conservative” ones as relate to history, science, etc.

A lecture on the importance of facts or truth from someone who voted for a serial plagiarizer that lied about his academic record and concocted numerous fairy tales (like the time he was arrested in S. Africa on a trip attempting to visit Mandela, his wife was killed by a drunk driver, etc.) rings a tad bit hollow.

A lecture on the importance of facts or truth from someone who voted for a serial plagiarizer that lied about his academic record and concocted numerous fairy tales (like the time he was arrested in S. Africa on a trip attempting to visit Mandela, his wife was killed by a drunk driver, etc.) rings a tad bit hollow.

Madison Cauthorn?

are you talking about Trump...because the highlighted area is absolutely true for Trump to the Nth degree!

you should think about what you post.

Who would you suggest he vote for as an alternative?

I didn't know who this referred to, so I looked up "S African arrest story." Apparently it is Biden, and he said he was arrested for using a "non-whites entrance" when really he was just stopped. He corrected the story later on. I assume this must be floating around the MAGA bubble.

Biden's wife and daughter were killed after being hit by a truck. A lot of people in the community thought the driver was drunk based on his history, but he was never tested nor charged. Calling this a lie seems is quite the stretch, especially after what we all heard almost daily over the past 5 years.

What's the serial plagiarizing story?

What kind of piece of human garbage do you have to be to talk shit about the way someone described their wife and child dying?

For those in North Carolina, COVID cases have begun rising. Yesterday was the first day with over 1000 cases reported in the state in 2 months. I check our hospital system dashboard (updates at least hourly) and we have doubled in cases in the past few days. This is almost certainly from the delta variant. I think cases will rise quickly and we are probably looking at a 6 week surge. Even if vaccinated, I would plan to wear a mask indoors and avoid indoor contact as much as possible over the next 6 weeks.

Just saw an email from our public health folks recommending the same.

Fewer than 1% of vaccinated people contracting COVID means somebody is going to get it out of every 100+ people you know. And we are going to hear about the famous people it happens to. And we also knew there would be a high likelihood of needing a booster within a year or so. I would expect the percent of vaccinated people getting COVID to creep up a little bit until it reaches the booster threshold in 9+ months or so.

Everything I’m reading and hearing is 99.9% of the individuals that are requiring hospital care for the virus are NOT vaccinated. Not getting vaccinated is a choice and I respect that. But I am getting to the point where I am no longer sympathetic to those who chose not to vaccinate. Here in South Carolina it is nearly half the population.
Just blows me away.

I can tell you that many of those folks having to care for sick and dying unvaccinated Covid-19 patients are struggling to be sympathetic.

Of course, sadly, even some of them have chosen to delay vaccination.

Everything I’m reading and hearing is 99.9% of the individuals that are requiring hospital care for the virus are NOT vaccinated. Not getting vaccinated is a choice and I respect that. But I am getting to the point where I am no longer sympathetic to those who chose not to vaccinate. Here in South Carolina it is nearly half the population.
Just blows me away.

Agree its a choice. However, I don't respect it at all. Its selfish and endangering people's lives. (I realize you agree mostly about that point) the spread of the delta variant has been directly affected by those not getting vaccinated. Whatever happened to the selflessness of the greatest generation. Oh, yeah its about mah freedumbs!

FDA needs to go ahead and give full authorization to the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines. There has got to be more data now on those vaccines than any vaccine that has ever been given full approval, right?

If they can give the stamp of approval to the fucking Alzheimer's drug that doesn't work then give the fucking stamp to the vaccines.

are you talking about Trump...because the highlighted area is absolutely true for Trump to the Nth degree!

you should think about what you post.

Who would you suggest he vote for as an alternative?

Come on, brad. Who would someone have had to vote for in order to be worthy of lecturing on the importance of facts or truth?

Back