• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

the issue is that the longer the virus spreads widely, the more it mutates and increases the odds of mutating to a strain that is vaccine-resistant

the issue is that the longer the virus spreads widely, the more it mutates and increases the odds of mutating to a strain that is vaccine-resistant

Sure, but do the global nature of the virus that is already happening on much larger scales internationally. So the people here increasing the chances of mutations domestically are relatively small.

You are still right to some degree though.

The other issue out there is the people who want the vaccine but can't get it or it is ineffective it because of complicating factors like auto-immune disorders or things like chemo therapy suppressing vaccine effectiveness.

Who gives a fuck, if people don't want to get vaccinated that is their choice. Fuck em' lets move on.

Fuck them, true, but in addition to what Juice said they also spread to people who can't get vaccinated, ever or yet, and if one of these fuckers gives it to my kids and I somehow find out who it is I will throw hands. I truly despise these selfish pricks.

Fuck them, true, but in addition to what Juice said they also spread to people who can't get vaccinated, ever or yet, and if one of these fuckers gives it to my kids and I somehow find out who it is I will throw hands. I truly despise these selfish pricks.

Would you throw hands if someone gave your kid the flu because they didn't get a flu shot?

Flu is more dangerous for kids than covid.

And for the record fuck dumbasses not getting the vaccine.

I ain't gonna get the damn fazzer or McDerma!

Literal quote from a redneck I work with.

Would you throw hands if someone gave your kid the flu because they didn't get a flu shot?

Flu is more dangerous for kids than covid.

And for the record fuck dumbasses not getting the vaccine.

My kids can get the Flu vaccine, but not COVID yet -- and one of my kids has asthma, which puts him at higher risk for serious illness with COVID.

I understand that the risk of serious illness for kids is about the same with the flu and COVID, and my kids are vaccinated against one and not the other.

I also think it would be a lot easier to find out a potential perpetrator with COVID than the flu, but that's just speculation.

But all anti-vaxxers can fuck off to Alabama/Arkansas/Mississippi/2&2's house and stay the hell away from me.

Biden's wife and daughter were killed after being hit by a truck. A lot of people in the community thought the driver was drunk based on his history, but he was never tested nor charged. Calling this a lie seems is quite the stretch, especially after what we all heard almost daily over the past 5 years.

What kind of piece of human garbage do you have to be to talk shit about the way someone described their wife and child dying?

The pearl clutching has reached an all time Tunnels record.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/18/joe-bidens-false-claim-about-drunken-driver-draws-/

The worst moment of Joseph R. Biden’s life — the 1972 car crash that killed his wife and baby daughter — has drawn renewed attention over a falsehood that the former vice president repeated for years: that the other driver was drunk.

From 2001-07, Mr. Biden indicated at least twice that the tractor-trailer driver who hit his wife’s car had been drinking, even though the state official who oversaw the investigation and the driver’s daughter said that wasn’t true.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Pamela Hamill, the daughter of driver Curtis C. Dunn, called on Mr. Biden to apologize publicly after he told a crowd that her father “drank his lunch” before the accident, according to a 2008 article in the Newark [Delaware] Post.

“A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly and killed my daughter instantly and hospitalized my two sons,” Mr. Biden said in 2007.

In a 2001 speech at the University of Delaware, he referred to an “errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive” and “hit my children and my wife and killed them,” according to a 2008 report in NewsBusters, citing a 2001 “Inside Edition” report.

Mr. Biden apparently stopped making the claim after a burst of media attention

Please note the timing of Biden's comments... Were these made shortly after the tragic death of his wife and daughter while the investigation was still ongoing?

Nope - These comments were made 30 years after the fact and further cement his legacy as a consummate bullshit artist and leader of the "Party of Truth and Facts!!11"

At least he had the balls to call the daughter of the truck driver he disparaged publicly to apologize for the damage this lie caused the family over the years.

At what point does it make sense to just let it rip through the unvaxxed community (and keep those immuno-compromised isolated) with the hope that at that point we could achieve herd immunity

But all anti-vaxxers can fuck off to Alabama/Arkansas/Mississippi/2&2's house and stay the hell away from me.

Newsflash - Shoo wants all of the blacks to stay out of his neighborhood!!!

the SEC announced today that football games won't get rescheduled, that it's on your team to get vaxxed. hopefully that means forfeitures. maybe that'll convince the rubes some. If Mississippi State or Bama could lose games over not being vaxxed, maybe the fans should take it more seriously.

Hmmm, wonder what could account black and latino people not being vaccinated at the same levels as white people: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/04/26/989962041/why-black-and-latino-people-still-lag-on-covid-vaccines-and-how-to-fix-it

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-fewer-black-americans-are-getting-the-covid-19-vaccine-no-its-not-hesitancy/

"In fact, a recent NPR analysis found that vaccine hubs, particularly ones in Louisiana, Texas and Alabama, were largely missing from predominantly Black and Hispanic communities, while few whiter neighborhoods were without one. And in a national study conducted in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Dickson found that Black Americans in nearly two dozen urban counties in and around Atlanta, New Orleans and Dallas, among a host of other cities, faced longer driving distances to vaccine centers than white Americans.

Even when vaccine distribution centers are more evenly distributed, researchers find that communities of color are still missing out. Residents from wealthier, predominantly white neighborhoods often claim an outsize share of vaccine appointments in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods, using up the available supply. This has already happened in several states, including in California, where outsiders were misusing a program intended to make vaccine appointments available in communities of color.

The fact that vaccine registration systems are largely online is partly to blame, as there is often a racial divide in who has reliable internet access. Take Washington, D.C., where the ease of signing up virtually made it simpler for wealthier, white people to push out Black people who were trying to get an appointment.

Black Americans are also disproportionately likely to work in front-line jobs categorized as essential, which means it’s likely harder for them to request time off to get a vaccine."

I should've been clearer -- even though I did say anti-vaxxers, not people who are not vaccinated. I'm talking about dumb white people who have access but are anti-vaxxers. We know you fall in the dumb category and you are likely an anti-vaxxer even though you won't admit that here.

Last edited:
I drove 2 hours at 4AM to get my shot and slept on the concrete once I got there.

Yea i drove an 1 1/2 hours for my first one.

Also you can get a covid shot at every pharmacy in the country right now.

We know you fall in the dumb category and you are likely an anti-vaxxer even though you won't admit that here.

Lulz - Right as usual!!! I'm a proud anti-anti-vaxxer who received both doses months ago but please continue living in your lib fantasy land.

The intelligence on this board continues to astound!!!

Back