• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Everyone who doesn’t have it by now is too lazy to drive. That’s why it’s supposed to be easily accessible to everyone through drug stores, pharmacies, etc. If it’s not as accessible to some people as it is to others, that causes disparities.

Last edited:
Many Dems and Independents (lol) on this board believe black people are too stupid to find the nearest pharmacy. Or to even get an ID.

are there free ID clinics set-up around cities and counties during election season? can you walk into any grocery store and get an ID for free?

the SEC announced today that football games won't get rescheduled, that it's on your team to get vaxxed. hopefully that means forfeitures. maybe that'll convince the rubes some. If Mississippi State or Bama could lose games over not being vaxxed, maybe the fans should take it more seriously.

Wouldn't they just lie about Covid cases?

May want to check out the chart in this here article Anus and road trippers:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/03/12/976172586/little-difference-in-vaccine-hesitancy-among-white-and-black-americans-poll-find

The primary anti-vaxxers are (and there is much overlap in these groups), Republican men, Trump supporters, dumb white men, and evangelicals.

that article is more than four months old

as of today's CDC tracker, fewer than 27% of Black Americans have at least one dose

that article is more than four months old

as of today's CDC tracker, fewer than 27% of Black Americans have at least one dose

That article, which deals with vaccine hesitancy, doesn't really have anything to do with what you posted - in any event, the trendline for black Americans is slightly better than for white Americans. I would suggest clicking on the vaccination equity link for a better explanation of the actual numbers than vaccine hesitancy.

Regardless, I will give more leniency for vaccination hesitancy to a racial minority that has been shit on by its government for centuries, and still sees governments today trying to whitewash that historical shitshow and erase it. As opposed to fucking white people who think vaccines have magnets in them.

That article, which deals with vaccine hesitancy, doesn't really have anything to do with what you posted - in any event, the trendline for black Americans is slightly better than for white Americans. I would suggest clicking on the vaccination equity link for a better explanation of the actual numbers than vaccine hesitancy.

Regardless, I will give more leniency for vaccination hesitancy to a racial minority that has been shit on by its government for centuries, and still sees governments today trying to whitewash that historical shitshow and erase it. As opposed to fucking white people who think vaccines have magnets in them.

Your second paragraph has some merit.

A poll which took place four months ago and before several important events related to the vaccine distribution is almost completely irrelevant at this point.

Your second paragraph has some merit.

A poll which took place four months ago and before several important events related to the vaccine distribution is almost completely irrelevant at this point.

What important events could have resulted in greater vaccine hesitancy among black people? The poll 4 months ago showed that the percentage of black people who had vaccine hesitancy went down significantly from Nov/Dec of 2020, so I'm wondering why you think it has now gone in the other direction?

Nearly one-fourth of the new COVID-19 cases in Lexington in July occurred in vaccinated people, according to new data from the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department.

Those so-called “breakthrough” cases had accounted for less than 1 percent of Lexington’s reported infections until the last few weeks. In May, less than 10 percent of the month’s cases were breakthrough infections. In June, that number increased to almost 15 percent.

This month, about 22.9 percent of all cases have been in people vaccinated against COVID, according to the health department. Health officials are concerned that too many people think they can ignore the coronavirus if they’ve been vaccinated.

The trend makes it seem like the antibodies are going down fast

or I guess the % vaccinated are going up, probably a combo of both

What if we tried telling them the vaccines had maganets?!?

Still think we can do a better job with outreach, especially to disadvantaged communities that have historically had very low trust of the medical community. Also tons of people have jobs where they have no protected time away to get the vaccine or if they get side effects.

But then there are people like, you know, my mom, who has a real life medical doctor as a son but would rather get the info from bret weinstein's podcast.

Remember a year ago when Republicans were adamant that lockdowns and mask policies were killing the economy and we all needed to just suck it up and get COVID so we could get to herd immunity?

Now it’s clear that such a large unvaccinated population is hurting the economic recovery but they don’t suck it up and get the vaccine so we can get to herd immunity.

Remember a year ago when Republicans were adamant that lockdowns and mask policies were killing the economy and we all needed to just suck it up and get COVID so we could get to herd immunity?

Now it’s clear that such a large unvaccinated population is hurting the economic recovery but they don’t suck it up and get the vaccine so we can get to herd immunity.

I've read that 1 in 5 new covid cases in the nation are in Florida alone - the same state where the new GOP hero DeSantis has bragged about his great leadership during the pandemic, and right-wing media has fallen in love with him for pretty much doing the opposite of what the CDC, Fauci, and other experts recommended.

Back