• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

They say that now, but what if a second COVID loss could be the potential barrier to a SEC team in the playoff?

I stand corrected, but I will note all your examples are from early on. The tide changed on him nationally pretty quickly.

I was going to ask, how many of these posters still supported Cuomo after the truth about him came out? Probably very few, if any.

tenor.gif

You really got ‘em now. What a bunch of flip flippers, changing their opinion about a guy as new information emerges! Anybody who got something so wrong in a tunnels post has no credibility and should probably stop posting! Right Angus?!?!?

By the way, how is your Comodore 64? We’re you able to get it repaired? Any more Excel glitches?

Just got an e-mail that Duke Health System, Atrium Health, Cone Health, Novant Health, UNC Health, and Wake Forest Baptist Health will be mandating vaccines for employees with only limited exceptions for medical and religious reasons. Good.

Just got an e-mail that Duke Health System, Atrium Health, Cone Health, Novant Health, UNC Health, and Wake Forest Baptist Health will be mandating vaccines for employees with only limited exceptions for medical and religious reasons. Good.

How will they verify religious exceptions? Sounds like an easy way out.

Can the religious/medical reasons be scrutinized or can they just be like "it's against my religion/I have a condition"?

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Can the religious/medical reasons be scrutinized or can they just be like "it's against my religion/I have a condition"?

Just checked out the exemption forms. The religious one asks "Describe your religious beliefs that are contrary to the COVID-19 vaccination with any currently authorized COVID-19 vaccine". And the form is only good for a year. But my guess is if you have gotten the flu shot previously and now want to claim a religious exemption that your request might not be approved

The medical one looks harder to fake, and requires the signature of a healthcare provider:

The following are NOT considered contraindications to COVID-19 vaccination:
Local injection site reactions after (days to weeks) previous COVID-19 vaccines (erythema, induration, pruritus, pain, etc.)
Expected systemic vaccine side effects in previous COVID- 19 vaccines (fever, chills, fatigue, headache, lymphadenopathy, vomiting, diarrhea, myalgia, arthralgia)
Vasovagal reaction after receiving a dose of any vaccination
Being an immunocompromised individual or receiving immunosuppressive medications
Autoimmune conditions, including Guillain-Barre Syndrome
Allergic reactions to anything not contained in the COVID-19 vaccines, including injectable therapies, food, pets, venom, environmental allergens, oral medication, latex, etc
Breastfeeding
Immunosuppressed person in the employee’s household
Alpha-gal Syndrome
The COVID vaccines do not contain Egg or gelatin, allergies to these substances are not contraindication

Please select medically indicated contraindication below:
Severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) after a previous dose of or to a component of the COVID- 19 Vaccine, including Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) (Please describe response in detail below and contraindication to alternatives, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which does not contain PEG)
Immediate allergic reaction to a previous dose or known (diagnosed) allergy to a component of the vaccine (Please describe response in detail below and contraindication to alternative vaccines.)
Other medical circumstance preventing vaccination with any available COVID-19 vaccine (Be specific and describe in detail below)

#anecdotes but I met someone from Brazil last night and she said that Pfizer is the only MRNA vax available in the country and that folks are turning down non-Pfizer options to get vaxxed

thought that was kinda interesting

I don't understand. What does this mean?

That Brazilians only want an MRNA vax? And are refusing J&J etc.?

yes to the first part

they don't have access to J&J, from what I understand, but the idea of your second part is correct -- I think they have access to AstraZeneca, one from China, and a third I'm not thinking of that are not of the mRNA variety

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

To be fair, I wouldn't be trying to get some of those obscure vaxes either if I had access to pfizer

Just checked out the exemption forms. The religious one asks "Describe your religious beliefs that are contrary to the COVID-19 vaccination with any currently authorized COVID-19 vaccine". And the form is only good for a year. But my guess is if you have gotten the flu shot previously and now want to claim a religious exemption that your request might not be approved

The medical one looks harder to fake, and requires the signature of a healthcare provider:

That's good. Way better than last year when asshole anti-maskers just walking into Home Depot or wherever and yelling out "I have a condition !"

yes to the first part

they don't have access to J&J, from what I understand, but the idea of your second part is correct -- I think they have access to AstraZeneca, one from China, and a third I'm not thinking of that are not of the mRNA variety

I think there's a Russian one as well? At my previous job I worked a lot with our teams in South America, and Chile was far outpacing the world at one point in terms percentage of the population vaxxed, but I think most were from China and maybe Russia. So for some of our staff there was hesitancy because they wanted the American ones they didn't yet have access to.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

To be fair, I wouldn't be trying to get some of those obscure vaxes either if I had access to pfizer

agree, but I think the issue is that the overwhelming majority of available vaxes are the non-Pfizer alternatives and the country is struggling to control the disease because of low overall vax rates

Back