• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

The daily survivor probability would probably provide the most useful information. My guess it would look something like a bell curve, sick enough to be put on a vent leads to a high chance of early death even on the vent, survive the initial weeks your odds go up of a positive outcome, I.e all the people with outcome unknown, stay on the vent for x amount of weeks head back down to a poorer outcome.

I think that's unlikely. In general, the longer one stays on a vent, the worse the prognosis. Being on a vent increases the risk of pneumonia, blood clots, sepsis, and a whole host of other very dangerous complications. After being on a vent 7-10 days, one usually requires a tracheostomy to help slowly wean off the vent and to prevent the risk of further infection. Typically, those that do best with a vent get intubated, turn the corner rather quickly, and then are extubated in a few days.

The FDA just came out saying you shouldn't use the malaria drug. One of the issues is it can often create heart problems.

Thanks President Trump.

Another web site tracking treatment drugs and vaccine development. Three vaccine candidates are in Phase 1 trials.

Statnews Tracker

Trump is saying if you live in a blue state, Civd can be prevented and cured by injecting pure fentanyl three times a day.

Trump is saying if you live in a blue state, Civd can be prevented and cured by injecting pure fentanyl three times a day.

This seems like big news. Link?

The FDA just came out saying you shouldn't use the malaria drug. One of the issues is it can often create heart problems.

Thanks President Trump.

Yeah.

Trump shouldn't have prescribed that drug.

Yeah.

Trump shouldn't have prescribed that drug.

But you supported him telling people to drink disinfectants and to inject others.

How close was his "we will go from 15 cases to zero very quickly"?

Anyone have a link to the new information Gilead's put out this morning on their latest test results?

How hard is it to google this?

Not hard, even for an old man like me. I had already read the release but have no idea how to add the link. (Above my pay grade)

I just thought others would be interested. Thank you doing so. What a guy.

Still haven't seen the full study, but here's the release. Looks like it shortens the time in the hospital (from 15 days down to 11 on the study), but no statistical difference in mortality. Shortening hospital stays is good news, but this is clearly not a game changer either.

EWyXmrtXYAAUXaF

p= .059 is kinda sorta close, isn't it? Will be interesting to see the impact on new cases- eg when you test positive and start having mild symptoms you go on it to prevent serious complications like a tamiflu for regular flu

Not hard, even for an old man like me. I had already read the release but have no idea how to add the link. (Above my pay grade)

I just thought others would be interested. Thank you doing so. What a guy.

CTRL-V

You're welcome.

NIAID? Isn’t that Fauci’s shop? If this is true, Trump’s going to be pissed that he couldn’t scream about it being a possible cure on February 22nd.

Back