• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

are y'all going to events, concerts, sporting events, etc where there are large crowds?

It’s definitely more transmissible, but vaccine still provides protection against severe illness

The vast majority of the cases are unvaccinated people even though fewer than half of people are unvaccinated. The vaccine still provides protection against transmission as well. There are fewer breakthroughs than expected for vaccines with supposedly a 90% or lower success rate.

It is so fucking predictable that 2-3 weeks after every major holiday in America we get major surges in hospitalizations.

are y'all going to events, concerts, sporting events, etc where there are large crowds?

fully vaccinated at the earliest opportunity and back to square one for me - no indoor dining (that was fun), no sporting events or concerts, essential indoor shopping only and with a mask

(we have a newly diagnosed medical condition within the family which means contracting Covid-19 would be a significant threat)

I'm supposed to go to my first Covid concert next week and now I'm hesitant, and I think my wife will want to cancel.

Went to a Bucks playoff game early in the playoffs, but that was when masks were required and seats were spaced.

Back to the cocoon I guess, thanks Covidiots.

A booster shot is going to be currently useless for 90% of people that have been vaccinated, it’s not happening.

My favorite part of that gibberish rant posted earlier is dragging Vanguard into their conspiracy. They're a 401k administrator and mutual fund company. They own shares of basically any and everything.

My favorite part of that gibberish rant posted earlier is dragging Vanguard into their conspiracy. They're a 401k administrator and mutual fund company. They own shares of basically any and everything.

It's a bit like RJ complaining that Trump owned $6000 worth of shares in the drug company that makes Hydroxy-chloquine.

I'm supposed to go to my first Covid concert next week and now I'm hesitant, and I think my wife will want to cancel.

Went to a Bucks playoff game early in the playoffs, but that was when masks were required and seats were spaced.

Back to the cocoon I guess, thanks Covidiots.

A month or two ago William Tyler announced his first tour since Covid started. He played the first week of shows, and now tested positive despite having the vaccine so he is canceling the rest of the dates.

The current vaccine already protects against the delta at a high enough level that the cost, distributions, and logistics of booster shots doesn’t make sense. You would be changing a percentage by 5% in a positive direction. If vaccinated, now is actually the time to start thinking about covid-19 the way you think about the flu. Covid, like flu isn’t going anywhere, but covid vaccine is better than any flu shot we have used in the past. Right now in the anecdote game it’s still just about numbers and the numbers remain high because of the unvaccinated and because the numbers remain high you will get the x percentage breakthrough infections.

the better use of vaccines from a position of self-interest is to get them to countries that have demand but not supply

the wife and i started to go back out to shows (as well as events, etc.) prior to 7/4/21. but then Nashville allowed 500k people into downtown redneck bourbon street for July 4th and now we are a Delta hotspot. fucking hell

starting to bring mask everywhere but at least the stats are very good if you got Pfizer vaccine. not sure what to do about a few upcoming shows i already have tickets for...

I’ve gone back to masking up indoors when grocery shopping or ordering food. Not doing any crowded events or dining indoors (except happy hour at a brewery recently, but all my coworkers at the table were vaxxed and the place had several large garage doors open so good ventilation).

Planning on going to wake football games this fall. I may consider masking up even though it’s outside, depending on how things go.

Back