• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I have a bunch of concerts coming up starting early August. Some are outside, but the first 3 shows are in the Civic Center, so about 7k each night. I think I will just go masked and hope for the best.

The concert we're supposed to go to is at this place:

image.jpg

So, there will not be much social distancing.

The Vikings fired an assistant coach who refused to get a vaccine.

I am starting to get the vibes that the Vax isn't very effective against the Delta, Vaxxed people I know are going down to the Rona left and right at the moment.

Give me that booster.

Was talking to my FIL the other night. You can go get a booster right now. There is no proof you've been vaccinated. The booster is just another shot of the same vaccine. Tell the folks you haven't been vaxxed and they'll give you a shot.

I should add, he's an ER surgeon so I assume he has some idea of what he's talking about.

The concert we're supposed to go to is at this place:

image.jpg

So, there will not be much social distancing.

I've done sold out shows at the Civic Center before, and if past shows are indicative I can find a spot on the floor in the back or a random seat high up away from others.

the wife and i started to go back out to shows (as well as events, etc.) prior to 7/4/21. but then Nashville allowed 500k people into downtown redneck bourbon street for July 4th and now we are a Delta hotspot. fucking hell

starting to bring mask everywhere but at least the stats are very good if you got Pfizer vaccine. not sure what to do about a few upcoming shows i already have tickets for...

Ummmmm..... Nope. Phizer has a 39% effectivity rate against Delta. Still strong against death so I am going to a concert tonight.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...llness-israel-study-suggests/?sh=5cd10914584f

I am starting to get the vibes that the Vax isn't very effective against the Delta, Vaxxed people I know are going down to the Rona left and right at the moment.

Give me that booster.

Possible they lied about getting the vaccine it in the first place?

The current vaccine already protects against the delta at a high enough level that the cost, distributions, and logistics of booster shots doesn’t make sense. You would be changing a percentage by 5% in a positive direction. If vaccinated, now is actually the time to start thinking about covid-19 the way you think about the flu. Covid, like flu isn’t going anywhere, but covid vaccine is better than any flu shot we have used in the past. Right now in the anecdote game it’s still just about numbers and the numbers remain high because of the unvaccinated and because the numbers remain high you will get the x percentage breakthrough infections.

Any chance a new round of flu shots might begin/be able to use the mrna technique to improve on flu shot efficacy?

Yeah the Israeli data is way off pretty much every other study that’s been conducted and they so far have not released the data or study design which is not good. Also if you apply that metric to here in conjunction with our sky high covid case rate then there should be a hell of a lot more breakthroughs than there currently are.

LA county is just going straight up. A month ago we were under 200 cases, just broke 3,000 today. 15,000 was our peak.

Another hopeful note: there is a nasal spray vaccine in phase 1 trial. Seems to work very well. Theory is that the basal spray more closely mimics the natural route of infection. Obviously, more data needed.

Cole Beasley, wide receiver for the Bills, got hit pretty hard on social media by his wide receiver team mates for his anti-vax stance.

This is follow-up to the NFL-NFLPA agreement that nobody gets a game check if a game is cancelled because of Covid amongst the unvaccinated players.

Several GOP-controlled states (Florida, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa) have all stopped providing daily Covid infection statistics, and are going to weekly reports instead. Gee, I wonder why?

"Several states scaled back their reporting of COVID-19 statistics this month just as cases across the country started to skyrocket, depriving the public of real-time information on outbreaks, cases, hospitalizations and deaths in their communities. The shift to weekly instead of daily reporting in Florida, Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota marked a notable shift during a pandemic in which coronavirus dashboards have become a staple for Americans closely tracking case counts and trends to navigate a crisis that has killed more than 600,000 people in the U.S.

In Nebraska, the state actually stopped reporting on the virus altogether for two weeks after Gov. Pete Ricketts declared an end to the official virus emergency, forcing news reporters to file public records requests or turn to national websites that track state data to learn about COVID statistics. The state backtracked two weeks later and came up with a weekly site that provides some basic numbers."

And yet another member of the cult faces reality.

Back