• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

When I used to go to phish show back in the late 90's there were frequently twice as many people tailgating in the parking lot and trying to buy ticket than were actually in the show.

Noted, but even if that were applicable to DMB in 2021, which it is not, that would still be 40,000 people spread out outside over what, like 60 acres? Not exactly a Deer Park style super spreader event.

This will certainly help to increase vaccination rates!!!

Even at the heyday of the Grateful Dead there weren't as many people in the parking lot as in the actual show

How dare you question birdman's anecdotes from a Phish show over 20 years ago!!!

This will certainly help to increase vaccination rates!!!

this is you and your friends' fault for being fucking idiots. If everyone would go get vaccinated, the variant would die off. Instead, so many of you and your fucking idiot friends refuse and are getting infected, that there is so much COVID floating around that it actually makes sense to wear a mask again. You are a fucking idiot, and no, I don't want to choose nicer words to describe fucking idiots.

That article is rather deceptive. Not everyone who works for a Department of Education, especially in large urban areas, is a classroom teacher. As anyone familiar with school districts can tell you, there are also thousands and thousands of support staff, bus drivers, etc. Many school districts are notorious for the personnel overhead they have working for them. So stating that 40% of NYC classroom teachers are not vaccinated is rather disingenuous, and isn't proven by the article. Second, while the author claims (with no evidence) that "Maybe a decent number of NYPD and FDNY personnel voted for Trump. But it’s hard to believe there are many Republicans, registered or self-identified, among the ranks of the workforces of the MTA, city hospitals, or the city’s public schools" - my guess is that he would be surprised not only at the percentage of NYC cops and firefighters who are conservative, but also at how many MTA, city hospital, and even public school employees are conservatives. The author's primary argument seems to be based on stereotypes - "See, they're union members, so of course they're all LibDems!", when that is not so.

Also, lol at an article that is clearly trying to desperately spin the simple fact that the great majority of unvaccinated people around the country are Trumpite Republicans into somehow blaming teacher's unions and other liberal groups. It's the classic "you're just as bad as we are!" approach.

It’s pretty telling how that applies to all his posts. Never “dems are bad” it’s always “Dems are really bad also!” which is a strange thing to brag about. Particularly when using a cherry picked, out of context stat or quote.

Dammmnnnnn...... I was in a conference room sitting next to a person who tested positive this morning with CoVid.

Bad vibes. Bad vibes indeed.

It’s pretty telling how that applies to all his posts. Never “dems are bad” it’s always “Dems are really bad also!” which is a strange thing to brag about. Particularly when using a cherry picked, out of context stat or quote.

Yep. And to be fair, I have no doubt that there are plenty of teachers, not only in NYC but across the country, who have not gotten a vaccine yet. But I also have no doubt that the great majority of them (not all, but most) are Trump supporters, or at least conservatives.

Dammmnnnnn...... I was in a conference room sitting next to a person who tested positive this morning with CoVid.

Bad vibes. Bad vibes indeed.

Be glad you were able to celebrate his/her ability to choose and possession of freedom.

According to this article there is a growing national backlash - but this time it's from the vaccinated against those who are refusing to get the vaccine. One wonders how it will play out if the virus continues to surge this fall.

"As coronavirus cases resurge across the country, many inoculated Americans are losing patience with vaccine holdouts who, they say, are neglecting a civic duty or clinging to conspiracy theories and misinformation even as new patients arrive in emergency rooms and the nation renews mask advisories. “It’s like the sun has come up in the morning and everyone is arguing about it,” said Jim Taylor, 66, a retired civil servant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a state in which fewer than half of adults are fully vaccinated. “The virus is here and it’s killing people, and we have a time-tested way to stop it — and we won’t do it. It’s an outrage.”

“I’ve become angrier as time has gone on,” said Doug Robertson, 39, a teacher who lives outside Portland, Oregon, and has three children too young to be vaccinated, including a toddler with a serious health condition. “Now there is a vaccine and a light at the end of the tunnel, and some people are choosing not to walk toward it,” he said. “You are making it darker for my family and others like mine by making that choice.”

"It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks,” a frustrated Kay Ivey, the Republican governor of Alabama, told reporters last week. “It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/virus-cases-rise-another-contagion-121658945.html

List of people who get their news from Yahoo:

1. palma
2. Highland

List of people who get their news from Yahoo:

1. palma
2. Highland

Lolz. You realize that it's actually a New York Times article, right? And many of the others are actually WaPo articles. I use the yahoo version because they don't have a paywall.

That article is rather deceptive. Not everyone who works for a Department of Education, especially in large urban areas, is a classroom teacher. As anyone familiar with school districts can tell you, there are also thousands and thousands of support staff, bus drivers, etc. Many school districts are notorious for the personnel overhead they have working for them. So stating that 40% of NYC classroom teachers are not vaccinated is rather disingenuous, and isn't proven by the article.

Where does the article state 100% of the DoE employees are classroom teachers?

As anyone familiar with school districts can tell you, there are also thousands and thousands of support staff, bus drivers, etc. Many school districts are notorious for the personnel overhead they have working for them.

Why are many school districts "notorious" for personnel overhead? Sounds like the tax dollars earmarked for education should be spent more efficiently or allocated elsewhere.

Back