• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

The sad part about this is that he's still very likely going to win reelection next year, probably by at least a comfortable margin, and if Trump doesn't run in '24 he's the odds-on favorite for the GOP nomination right now. And partly the reason he's a frontrunner in both races is because of how he's "handled" the pandemic in Florida, which is pretty much to do the opposite of whatever Fauci, the CDC, and other health experts advised.

The sad part about this is that he's still very likely going to win reelection next year, probably by at least a comfortable margin, and if Trump doesn't run in '24 he's the odds-on favorite for the GOP nomination right now. And partly the reason he's a frontrunner in both races is because of how he's "handled" the pandemic in Florida, which is pretty much to do the opposite of whatever Fauci, the CDC, and other health experts advised.

Yep. Whoever first decided that this is a freedom argument should be jailed for life. Just so irresponsible what he and people like Noem are doing.

Yep. Whoever first decided that this is a freedom argument should be jailed for life. Just so irresponsible what he and people like Noem are doing.

Agreed, but I will say that they both know their base very well, and it's clear they decided last year to pander to their base's worst instincts for their own political gain. And it seems to have worked in both cases, at least in terms of their political fortunes, deaths be damned.

Pretty sure DeSantis is vaccinated so it doesn’t hurt him at all.

Pretty sure DeSantis is vaccinated so it doesn’t hurt him at all.

Never thought I’d move from Alabama to a state with an even crazier Republican Party. Fuck.

"I just don't understand why this damn covid won't go away. I sure do like our governor though, he hates them fancy librul experts telling us what to do!" - Mississippi Republicans

I'll speak only for myself.

I was vaccinated for diptheria, tetanus, pertussis and smallpox as a child. I still have the round scar on my shoulder. The reason for that scar was explained to me by my parents while in line for the polio vaccine. My parents grew up before these vaccines were available. They had witnessed those diseases. My mother had polio as a child. The reason we were getting vaccinated was the same for everyone standing in line in 1954, to prevent infection and eradicate the disease from society.

Like many people my age I suffered the three prevalent childhood diseases of the 1950's, chicken pox, mumps and measles. With the exception of pneumonia at age 40, they were the most miserable times of my life. When vaccines became available for measles, rubella and mumps in 1971 they were gladly accepted for the same reasons, personal protection and to eradicate the disease from society. The same was true for the chicken pox vaccine in 1995. Personal protection and to eradicate disease from society. There was no thought necessary. You vaccinate for yourself and for others. End of discussion.

I'm glad most of the readers of this post were born after the advent of these vaccines. There is no need to suffer when a preventative is available. Like many people my age, I have spent the past 18 months inside avoiding people to prevent catching Covid. Wear a mask outside of the house and follow the guidelines. I was vaccinated as soon as it was available for the same reasons as before, for personal protection and to eradicate the disease from society. Those are the same reasons everyone my age that I have talked to wears a mask, follows the guidelines and was vaccinated. We have done this our entire life. Collective action is absolutely required to win this war. It is war. When over 617,000 die of a common enemy, it is a war. Do your part.

Hopefully, this will shed some light on the thought processes of a "boomer". I know I'm not alone.

Unfortunately, it seems like a large percentage of the population hasn't learned these lessons. Lack of experience fighting against a common enemy. Too busy arguing and pointing fingers at one another. We'll have another wave of a stronger more virulent Covid virus. A younger generation is now more susceptible. More people will die. It could have been avoided, but discord prevails when common sense was the best course of action.

Keep in mind, when you point your finger at others as the problem, there are three pointing at yourself. Thanks for reading.

I’m just incensed with anyone who won’t get vaccinated for non-medical reasons. It’s time to require vaccines to participate in ANYTHING indoors (for ages where it’s available.). We should require proof of vaccines to go to a restaurant, use any kind of public transportation, or get on a plane. It’s time to make stupid people own it and deal with the consequences. I guarantee you that 90% of the unvaccinated tubes will get vaccinated within a month of such rules being enforced. No one is forcing you to get a vaccine, but if you want to continue being a FUCKING IDIOT then there should be a cost in access and personal dignity.

no, they'd talk a big game and then get vaccinated.

Just like the former president and family. Got their jabs quietly and privately. They could have been public and vociferous about it to set an example for their followers but chose not to.

I think they'd violently revolt.

This. The right is a symbiotic relationship between wealthy elites, evangelicals, and poor white people. The Republican elite class got their vaccines months ago. It’s the rubes who are resisting and will revolt. Vaccine requirements would end up on Fox News. The rubes would start throwing bricks through windows because they earnestly believe unvaccinated people are an oppressed class just like they believe white people are an oppressed class.

But it would be worth it so vaccinated people could live in peace.

Waiting for the outrage about what is happening in Chicago this weekend.

Weird no posts about it.

Not loving it and was happy to stay at home and stream some of it, but:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lollapalooza-says-over-90-of-first-day-attendees-showed-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-1205186/

Lolla required proof of vaccines or a negative test, and after the first day tweeted, “Great job, Lollapalooza fans! More than 90% of you showed us your proof of vaccination today! Thanks go out to the 8% who brought their proof of negative Covid-19 tests and for the 600 of you who showed up without paperwork, we hope to see you tomorrow!"

Now, obviously some people doctored shit, but this is the way things need to be handled going forward. This will not happen with any concerts attended by your mouthbreathing brethren in red states.

Not loving it and was happy to stay at home and stream some of it, but:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lollapalooza-says-over-90-of-first-day-attendees-showed-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-1205186/

Lolla required proof of vaccines or a negative test, and after the first day tweeted, “Great job, Lollapalooza fans! More than 90% of you showed us your proof of vaccination today! Thanks go out to the 8% who brought their proof of negative Covid-19 tests and for the 600 of you who showed up without paperwork, we hope to see you tomorrow!"

Now, obviously some people doctored shit, but this is the way things need to be handled going forward. This will not happen with any concerts attended by your mouthbreathing brethren in red states.

It's always funny to me when pubs bring up the fact that if the ultimate asshole exists, then they can skirt the system. That's pretty much the case with anything in life. The irony is when those people self fulfill the prophecy.

Last edited:
Back