• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Marjorie Taylor Greene goes on pro-Trump "Real America's Voice" network and says that "she's talked to hospital officials and that while "waiting rooms" may be full of COVID-19 patients, "the waiting rooms are full of all kinds of things — not just COVID." "So while the news tries to tell us the hospitals are slam-packed with COVID, that's just not the case," she said. "Everybody needs to get back down to common sense and remember that, you know, we're human. We can't live forever. We're going to catch all kinds of diseases and illnesses and other viruses, and we get hurt sometimes."

Ah so we’re back to it not being a big deal except for the at the border, where millions of Covid-infected migrants spill across every day!

Moderna is recruiting 6 month to 11 year olds for clinical trials in my area.

Doubt it will be the last county to return to "temporary" virtual learning in the next few weeks. I hope not, but we could easily be heading for another screwed-up school year in many areas.

My wife is a high school teacher, but sadly I agree. With the delta variant, I think a lot of schools, especially in the south are going to end up back on virtual school this fall.

You can't really have 100s of students and say a third of teachers out sick or quarantined after exposure events. Clearly in school is so much better for everyone, but with Delta running so quickly I don't see much alternatives once school has fully begun everywhere.

From everything I’ve seen, it’s going to be November at the earliest.

What’s a more age appropriate nickname for moron xennial parents of small kids who live on Facebook and complain about masks? Karen’s a boomerish age group name.

Katelyn? Qatelyn?

More than 800 Florida physicians have called on DeSantis to repeal his executive order banning mask mandates in Florida. I'm sure they are also just bullshitting and have no idea of what they're talking about either.

Link: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/567736-hundreds-of-florida-doctors-pen-letter-calling-on-desantis-to-repeal

I think angus knows a bit more about research study design and statistical analysis than these 800 “physicians.”

This letter from 800 FL physicians immediately set off my bullshit detector. With the volume of disinformation posted recently on the Tunnels by the usual scholars under the guise of "news", I quickly reviewed the physician letter and it didn't disappoint.

Just a couple of highlights:

Per the letter - "Gov. DeSantis stopped sharing COVID-19 statistics"

This is Rebekah Jones level bullshit. No investigation has found the FL DOH deleted, hid or manipulated the COVID data reported daily during the week to the CDC. So it appears the 800 "physicians" signed a letter that included now debunked conspiracy theories. Strike One.

Per the letter - "Fewer than half of eligible Floridians are fully vaccinated"

Another lie as the FL eligible vax rate is 65% (per last week's DOH report) which exceeds the national average. One would think these "physicians" would confirm a number easily accessible by any rube with access to the internet. Guess not because narrative. Strike Two.

Also important to note this letter was paid for and sponsored by the Committee to Protect Healthcare which is an advocacy group that uses ActBlue as a fundraising platform. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

And the former name of this committee was the “Committee to Protect Medicare & the ACA” - Strike Three

Back