• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

should be prioritizing getting vaccines to countries that need it over a booster shot

I still have mine, but what happens if you lose your CDC vaccine card?

Your state should have a digital record of everyone's vaccination. I live in Virginia and got my Covid shots at a CVS. I went online last week and requested a digital copy of mine from the State of Virginia. I received it in 48 hours.

One of my patients came in last week and requested I sign off for re-qualification with the police academy. As he was lamenting everything going on in the world, he started a rant on mandatory masks, saying "Who am I to tell someone what they have to do". I just stared and blinked.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

“TAMPA, Fla. - Faced with rising numbers of COVID-19 cases and students isolated at home due to contact with the virus, the Hillsborough County School Board voted Wednesday to buck the governor’s order and mandate masks for all students and staff.

The vote eliminates the option for parents to immediately opt their children out of the mask mandate and instead require a doctor’s note – a move that may result in repercussions from the state.”

“As of Wednesday afternoon, 1,421 students and 537 staff had been diagnosed with the virus since August 2. Another 10,384 students and 338 staff members were in isolation due to possible exposure of COVID-19 at school.

For comparison, the district had a total of 8,771 COVID cases from March of 2020 through August 1, 2021.”

https://www.fox13news.com/news/hillsborough-to-hold-emergency-meeting-as-school-covid-numbers-climb

A school district in northeast Texas has found a creative way to get around Gov. Greg Abbott's ban on mask mandates.
The Paris Independent School District will now require students to wear masks as part of its dress code.
The Paris ISD board of trustees said in a statement that it "believes the dress code can be used to mitigate communicable health issues" and amended it accordingly to protect the district's students and employees.

https://www.npr.org/sections/back-t...trict-mandate-masks-dress-code-gov-abbott-ban

Last edited:
We'll see if this gets challenged in court as anti-mask edicts have in some other states.

We'll see if this gets challenged in court as anti-mask edicts have in some other states.

Bold move for being the governor of a state with two D senators and voted for Biden last presidential election.

This, combined with the Maricopa County recount nonsense, it's like they're giving AZ to the Dems on a silver platter.

Over 10,000 students and over 300 staff now quarantined in one of Florida's largest school districts. And Florida's largest school district, Miami-Dade, voted 7-1 to defy Gov. DeSantis and impose a masking mandate. Meanwhile, the GOP-dominated FL Board of Education voted unanimously to investigate Broward and Alachua County school districts for passing masking mandates, and a spokesperson for Gov. DeSantis said, in response to the move by Miami-Dade, "No politician is above the law. The legislature passed the parents' bill of rights and Gov. DeSantis signed it into law. Forced masking of all schoolchildren is not consistent with protecting parents' rights to make health and education decisions for their own children."

The Miami-Dade superintendent said that the board was relying on the opinion of seven to eight public health officials and medical doctors who are experts in the areas of epidemiology or immunology. "And I would question, if we refuse to accept the opinion, the expert opinion of doctors and public health officials, what is the alternative?" the superintendent said. "What is the other option that we should be listening to, if it's just a matter of a parent's or parental choice, or the opinion of a single individual?"

Link: https://abcnews.go.com/US/8000-students-florida-school-district-isolated-quarantined-week/story?id=79517679

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/us/florida-miami-dade-schools-masks/index.html

Trump now claiming that covid was practically over when he left office. Trumpites are certainly trying hard to rewrite history these days - rewriting the history of the 1/6 insurrection, Trump's Afghanistan deals, and now this. It was probably like this when former Confederates rewrote the history of the Civil War to make themselves look so much better.

Trump now claiming that covid was practically over when he left office. Trumpites are certainly trying hard to rewrite history these days - rewriting the history of the 1/6 insurrection, Trump's Afghanistan deals, and now this. It was probably like this when former Confederates rewrote the history of the Civil War to make themselves look so much better.

You gotta let Trump go.

You gotta let Trump go.

Um, he's still the most popular person in the GOP, by far, according to polls, and he's still the GOP frontrunner for 2024 if he chooses to run. Why not pay attention to what he says - lots of Republicans still are.

Lies are all he ever had.

And the GOP loves him.

Back