• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

that makes more sense, although still misleading to present cumulative data in that format, but ok, if it gets more people vaccinated, great

Fair, sort of, the last word of the title is cumulative so it's not like they are hiding that fact. Maybe the title should be "Cumulative age adjusted..."

that makes more sense, although still misleading to present cumulative data in that format, but ok, if it gets more people vaccinated, great

I think it's actually a good way to present the data, and it says "cumulative" in the title. I did have the same question as you when I first looked at the chart, but once I realized how it was constructed it made sense. It just starts with Jan 2021, when the first individuals in the US reached "full vaccination," and then builds from there.

Charts aren’t going to make a difference at this point. We are over a year into clinical trials, 8 months since vaccines have been available to the public, 3-4 months since anyone could just show up and get a shot. Anyone who hasn’t gotten vaccinated by now has rejected plenty of information. The only thing that will sway them is mandates or personal experiences with COVID.

I think it's actually a good way to present the data, and it says "cumulative" in the title. I did have the same question as you when I first looked at the chart, but once I realized how it was constructed it made sense. It just starts with Jan 2021, when the first individuals in the US reached "full vaccination," and then builds from there.

sorry I missed the footnote to the title.

I'm currently living with someone with a compromised immune system who can't catch Covid-19 - so the increased risk to vaccinated individuals due to the Delta variant is of particular interest to me. Showing cumulative rates of hospitalization (where the blue and green lines are continually summing percentages with changing denominators) is not really helpful in that regard at all.

And monitoring the evolving data regarding health outcomes of the vaccinated is crucially important. We're giving booster shots (against the behest of the WHO) because we're concerned about it. That evolving data would much more clearly be shown in a non-cumulative chart. Here it's nearly impossible to discern changes in hospitalization rates among the vaccinated due to scale. But I'll drop it at this point.

Last edited:

Hey Angus, as long as you're here, how do you feel about school dress codes? Do you think they are infringing on parental freedom on what kids can wear?

Charts aren’t going to make a difference at this point. We are over a year into clinical trials, 8 months since vaccines have been available to the public, 3-4 months since anyone could just show up and get a shot. Anyone who hasn’t gotten vaccinated by now has rejected plenty of information. The only thing that will sway them is mandates or personal experiences with COVID.

Might.

Yep.

Reporting suggests the US intelligence community report requested by Biden on SARS-CoV-2 origin is…inconclusive.

Sounds about right at this point.

Reporting suggests the US intelligence community report requested by Biden on SARS-CoV-2 origin is…inconclusive.

Sounds about right at this point.

Have they like disproven all the stuff like "The Wuhan Institute of technology posted an ad for an infectious disease expert in Nov 2019" and stuff like 4 of their staff came down sick in Nov 2019 type stuff? Or did some of that shit actually happen?

I don’t know.

But would’ve been surprised if the intelligence community been able to form a firm conclusion at this point.

Not knocking them.

Looks like angus was at another meeting.

The whole fart comparison is my favorite one. These people think a bareass fart in the face is the same as a fart while wearing pants.

Looks like angus was at another meeting.

"ARE YOU A NAZI!" "Nuremberg Codes." These people are truly delusional and completely nuts. They do love calling school boards and county commissioners Nazis and comparing wearing a mask to being in a death camp though.

A judge recently overturned TX Governor Abbott's executive order banning mask mandates in Texas, so I guess he's decided to try banning vaccine mandates now. It applies even if the FDA approves.

Last edited:
Back