• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

My take:

- anti-malarials are a joke / fools gold
- anti-virals *might* work - interested to see the Gilead data from China
- sounds like the virus is fairly conserved (i.e. doesn't rapidly mutate) so vaccine approach will work - question is whether they can develop / approve something in time. lot of damage will be done by Q1 next year.
- as with other things, Trump is a total fool and desperate to tout any wingbat potential therapy (see anti-malarials) which will (in the end) cause way more harm than good if rubes anchor on it for no reason
- the new head of the FDA (Hahn) is a yes man joke - he will do / approve anything that Trump says which is dangerous
- if you really want to stay informed follow the old head Scott Gottlieb. He has very sober analysis on the situation and good access to data / intel as he hasn't totally detonated Trump (he was a Trump appointee)
- to summarize, my view is that good antiviral data is the ONLY thing that will take us off the 100k+ death trajectory in US and millions globally (wait til this thing hits the 3rd world). but it's a 1 in 10 longshot IMO
- looking forward to antivaxxers avoiding the vaccine when it comes. ah, the joy of Darwinism at work....

Last edited:
A vaccine will be the thing that whips this.

In the meantime, one potential treatment I’m intrigued by is interleukin (IL)-6 receptor inhibitors for patients with evidence of elevated cytokine response.

My take:

- as with other things, Trump is a total fool and desperate to tout any wingbat potential therapy (see anti-malarials) which will (in the end) cause way more harm than good if rubes anchor on it for no reason

Ingraham is all in on Hydrocoxy and had a doctor on that claimed only obese people are dying and ended the segment with breaking news that none of his patients using it had to be intubated. Ended up calling it a breaking news game changer. This was an hour ago.

Way too early to know. Another study from China was completely negative. Pretty unlikely to be a game changer.

That's not what my President has been telling me. And I'm pretty sure God speaks directly into his ear. And stop trusting the Chinese, commie. They started all this shit.

posted this on the Pit thread:

The problem is that all that data being written about comes from studies where they excluded 1) people with severe symptoms of COVID and 2) people with any co-morbidities that might be exacerbated by HCQ.

Bad news, there are a WHOLE lot of people in that second group.

Pitt claiming success toward a vaccine

From an article in today's WSJ: "WUHAN, China—Chinese doctors who have for months treated coronavirus patients with chloroquine say there is no clear evidence the anti-malarial drug is effective against the deadly pathogen, raising questions about a remedy President Trump has touted as a potential cure."

From an article in today's WSJ: "WUHAN, China—Chinese doctors who have for months treated coronavirus patients with chloroquine say there is no clear evidence the anti-malarial drug is effective against the deadly pathogen, raising questions about a remedy President Trump has touted as a potential cure."

But are those Medical Doctors?

Being among those that will be required to receive the first widely available vaccine...please let’s not over rush the damn thing. Appropriately/relatively safe and effective, please.

Back