• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

This feels like it fits.

QyPH05J.png

We need a Facebook hospital.

I think average estimated Covid bill upon entering the hospital is in the 75,000 dollar range. Take whatever that is, percentage of hospitalization of covid patients, new premium.

This feels like it fits.

QyPH05J.png

Hospitals are filled with people who wish they didn’t need to be there and have quite varied levels of trust in the people attempting to care for them. I’ll say that a low level of trust is a significant barrier to the pursuit and receiving of good and appropriate care.

On the other hand, a healthy skepticism is required to navigate a stay in a busy hospital. I'll never forget the day after my second daughter was born a nurse barges in with a syringe and starts swabbing her when I'm like "what are you doing please? we weren't expecting anything" and she looks at her notes and says "sorry, wrong room."

Not sure I’d use the term skepticism.

But for sure it’s important to pay attention and monitor what’s happening. And ask questions when you have them.

Yeah professor, asking a nurse “wait what are you injecting into my kids” doesn’t rise to the level of refusing to get a vaccine and wear a mask, when the overwhelming amount of data and experts say that you should, because your friend from high school said on Facebook that the vaccines make you magnetic.

On the other hand, a healthy skepticism is required to navigate a stay in a busy hospital. I'll never forget the day after my second daughter was born a nurse barges in with a syringe and starts swabbing her when I'm like "what are you doing please? we weren't expecting anything" and she looks at her notes and says "sorry, wrong room."

Through the years, I could tell a million stories like this... It definitely pays to be present in the hospital as much as possible with your loved one and to pay attention - a modicum of medical knowledge is also very helpful...

Yeah professor, asking a nurse “wait what are you injecting into my kids” doesn’t rise to the level of refusing to get a vaccine and wear a mask, when the overwhelming amount of data and experts say that you should, because your friend from high school said on Facebook that the vaccines make you magnetic.

Of course. I was only responding to ConorEl, whose post was very much from a doctor’s perspective. For patients hospitals are freaking dangerous and scary and you have to be super vigilant to protect yourself and your loved ones. Made worse of course by those who refuse to get vaccinated and make the docs and nurses work overtime when they come in and need oxygen/ventilator/etc

I don't disagree that hospitals are scary and can be hazardous places.

They are also generally the best place to be if you're really sick and need/want help to get better.

I was trying to respond to the wonder that vaccine/covid skeptic-type folks yet go to the hospital when they get really sick. They go for the same reason others go...to get help to try and improve from some crises. My intention was/is to suggest that there's a broad spectrum of "trust" levels with which people enter the hospital including but hardly limited to folks sick with covid. And that while it's definitely good to be vigilant as a patient or advocate for someone who is sick, a high level of mistrust is often a significant barrier to the pursuit and receiving of good and appropriate care.

The best way to not get a disease is to get disease.

Went to my son's first basketball game today. Raised a few eyebrows when a certain Senator's kid was on the email list for our team, but considering the ultra-strict mask mandate for both kids and attendees we were hoping for the best. Everyone has to agree to masks inside 100% of the time to be allowed to play.

Of course he didn't disappoint, out of 5 teams of around 8 players each and all of their parents crammed into one gym, he and his buddy along with their 2 kids were the only people not masked in the entire gym. They didn't even have masks at all, I think when someone asked they just said "we're good, it's fine" and ignored them. Whatever, it's only December and a couple weeks before everyone's parents and grandparents are visiting during a new variant surge that also might be particularly dangerous for kids. Gotta own the libs though.

You should have attempted a citizen’s arrest. Pull a gun on him to make him comply. If he tries to protect himself then shoot him in self defense.
I think that is how it goes.

And yet in his resignation letter to the Maine House Speaker he continued to rant against covid vaccine and masking mandates - he's been "fighting for the principle that Government doesn't get to tell you how to live your life...In that time I have lost my friend, my close ally, my wife." Maybe he can marry his horse.

And yet in his resignation letter to the Maine House Speaker he continued to rant against covid vaccine and masking mandates - he's been "fighting for the principle that Government doesn't get to tell you how to live your life...In that time I have lost my friend, my close ally, my wife." Maybe he can marry his horse.

He should check the teeth first though.

Republicans are literally killing people through their ongoing misinformation campaign just to score political points.

Only progressives would claim a judicial decision whose outcome they disagree with is “corrupt.” What is “corrupt” about it?

Spending the week in San Francisco and impressed how strict they are with vaccinations. There’s not a restaurant in the City not requiring proof of vaccine. And not if produced, you are asked to leave.
I must say as a person who is a member of a SC Club that allows unvaccinated individuals dine in the Club, all the requests this week haven’t bothered me at all.

Back