• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Got round 1 of Moderna in my arm yesterday. I can feel it, but it's not bad enough to warrant painkillers.

Interesting note, the guy who administered the vaccine said to lightly exercise the arm frequently. He suggested multiple weight lifting motions with no weights and stretching for a few minutes every hour or so.

Got round 1 of Moderna in my arm yesterday. I can feel it, but it's not bad enough to warrant painkillers.

Interesting note, the guy who administered the vaccine said to lightly exercise the arm frequently. He suggested multiple weight lifting motions with no weights and stretching for a few minutes every hour or so.

This is good advice after any vaccine. Helps prevent the soreness and tenderness at the injection site.

Something that has been swept under the rug is the dramatic rise in hate crimes directed at Americans of Asian ancestry. This has been directly caused by Trump's racist rhetoric.

Something that has been swept under the rug is the dramatic rise in hate crimes directed at Americans of Asian ancestry. This has been directly caused by Trump's racist rhetoric.

Take it to the Political COVID thread.

If you live near Walled Lake, MI and get your vaccination, you can get a free pre-rolled joint from Green House marijuana dispensary.

FDA Advisory Committee on Vaccines etc. meets tomorrow to review the Jannsen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine. With an expected favorable recommendation tomorrow, FDA should complete the EUA paperwork by early next week, and vaccine #3 should be in distribution next week.

This is the one shot, refrigerator stored vaccine that will be logistically easier to manage in areas without super cold freezers.

Here is a link to the committee page which has links to materials and for listening to the meeting.

FDA Vaccines Committee

Last edited:
sounds like J&J formally approved

J&J got their Emergency Use Authorization from FDA. They also got favorable approval from CDC.

ETA: CDC approval allows U.S. government to ship the vaccine (in addition to the manufacturer.)
They claim to have 3.9 million doses ready to ship this week. That should help with vaccine supply, particularly to areas that don't have super-cold freezers.

Last edited:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...d-19-vaccine-after-illness-stretch-the-supply

"Public health officials say it's important to vaccinate as many people as quickly as possible to reduce the risk posed by new coronavirus variants. One strategy to stretch existing supplies – albeit with huge logistical challenges — would be to give just one dose of the vaccine to people who have recovered from COVID-19.

About half a dozen small studies, all consistent with one another but as yet unpublished, suggest this strategy could work."

You basically would need to give up on all modern medicine as those type of cell lines are used in everything.

South Carolina moves to next phase vaccinating 55-64 year olds starting Monday.

South Carolina moves to next phase vaccinating 55-64 year olds starting Monday.

Meanwhile, Virginia is slogging its way through the 65+ citizens. By waking up incredibly early one-day last week I scored a reservation for my first dose at a CVS. Got it (Moderna) yesterday. At 71, I was at least 10 years younger than anyone else in the queue. Two guys were discussing their service in the Korean War - un-fucking real.

Back