• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Wear a mask? Oh no no, that's just too much to ask. Exercise your way to 75 lb weight loss? Sure, no problem at all!

Why the fuck are you arguing with a dead guy? Exercise didn’t keep him safe in Myrtle

Why the fuck are you arguing with a dead guy? Exercise didn’t keep him safe in Myrtle

This. He absolutely got the Rona this summer and almost died but can't admit it to us.

7c1688a3199330c11edc90d418a52939.jpg

Wear a mask? Oh no no, that's just too much to ask. Exercise your way to 75 lb weight loss? Sure, no problem at all!

This quote sums up what has been wrong with the medical community's advice from the jump. Where have I ever said wearing a mask is too much? I happily wear a mask wherever I go. But wearing a mask is supposed to protect others, not really me, right? So why hasn't the message been "wear a mask to protect others AND use all this time to get healthy to protect yourself"? The two things are not mutually exclusive and can easily be done simultaneously. The message should not be simply slow the spread, it should be slow the spread to others and protect yourself.

But instead, the blame game has been in full effect so we've only heard the first part and not the logical second part, and that's why I can't take half the shit that comes out seriously. Because the message has never been about protecting health, it has been about assigning blame. Every "study" is designed to blame someone or some group. Blame someone else for not wearing their mask which is why you got it, without acknowledging that the primary reason it affected you as anything more than sniffles was because you did nothing to protect yourself. Blame the Chinese. Blame Trump. Blame BLM. Blame the rubes. Everyone is helpless without Big Pharma and 3M our N95 messiahs to save us all. Nobody is responsible for promoting their own health, just who can they blame for harming it. And the medical community are as much of the reason for this attitude as everyone else, because they've completely missed the mark on this.

Hasn’t the medical community made people aware of what increases their risk of bad outcomes? Sounds like you are looking for someone to blame.

This quote sums up what has been wrong with the medical community's advice from the jump. Where have I ever said wearing a mask is too much? I happily wear a mask wherever I go. But wearing a mask is supposed to protect others, not really me, right? So why hasn't the message been "wear a mask to protect others AND use all this time to get healthy to protect yourself"? The two things are not mutually exclusive and can easily be done simultaneously. The message should not be simply slow the spread, it should be slow the spread to others and protect yourself.

But instead, the blame game has been in full effect so we've only heard the first part and not the logical second part, and that's why I can't take half the shit that comes out seriously. Because the message has never been about protecting health, it has been about assigning blame. Every "study" is designed to blame someone or some group. Blame someone else for not wearing their mask which is why you got it, without acknowledging that the primary reason it affected you as anything more than sniffles was because you did nothing to protect yourself. Blame the Chinese. Blame Trump. Blame BLM. Blame the rubes. Everyone is helpless without Big Pharma and 3M our N95 messiahs to save us all. Nobody is responsible for promoting their own health, just who can they blame for harming it. And the medical community are as much of the reason for this attitude as everyone else, because they've completely missed the mark on this.

You choose to blame the front line medical community for not perfecting their messaging. They are the last group to blame.

Wearing a mask also protects the wearer.

Plenty of countries have controlled COVID spread and COVID deaths very well, and none of them focused on weight loss. Why? Because there is no evidence that weight loss will help an individual survive COVID, and effective public health measures are based in science. Effective public health measures are also based in reality, and asking 60 to 90 year old people to “Rambo IV” themselves into shape is absurd.

What you have written is gibberish. Do you work in public health? Infectious diseases? Epidemiology? Medicine? If not, why do you think you have the knowledge and experience to make recommendations on how to effectively combat a pandemic? You don’t know the difference between a virus and a bacterium, yet you think you have the knowledge to make public health recommendations regarding a global pandemic? What hubris.

Weight loss will help protect vs covid. It replicates using the Ace-2 receptors in fat. Hence why the fat are mostly those that are dying. And I’m now fat, but I’ve known for a good 8 months now losing weight would help me if I got it

Weight loss will help protect vs covid. It replicates using the Ace-2 receptors in fat. Hence why the fat are mostly those that are dying. And I’m now fat, but I’ve known for a good 8 months now losing weight would help me if I got it

There are many factors that increase the risk of dying from COVID, with obesity being one of the risks (age being the biggest). But it is unknown if a person loses weight if that will alter their individual risk. It may, but it’s completely unknown. A small but vocal minority was convinced that hydroxychloroquine would treat COVID, but after it was studied it was clear there was no benefit.

The greatest risk factor for dying from COVID is older age, yet ACE-2 levels are significantly lower in older adults.

Wearing a mask also protects the wearer.

Plenty of countries have controlled COVID spread and COVID deaths very well, and none of them focused on weight loss. Why? Because there is no evidence that weight loss will help an individual survive COVID, and effective public health measures are based in science. Effective public health measures are also based in reality, and asking 60 to 90 year old people to “Rambo IV” themselves into shape is absurd.

What you have written is gibberish. Do you work in public health? Infectious diseases? Epidemiology? Medicine? If not, why do you think you have the knowledge and experience to make recommendations on how to effectively combat a pandemic? You don’t know the difference between a virus and a bacterium, yet you think you have the knowledge to make public health recommendations regarding a global pandemic? What hubris.

Jesus Christ man, it's Rocky IV, not Rambo IV. No wonder nobody can take your positions on health and wellness seriously. What fat bastard would have been inspired to get into shape had Drago gone down via a .50 cal sniper rifle?

Jesus Christ man, it's Rocky IV, not Rambo IV. No wonder nobody can take your positions on health and wellness seriously. What fat bastard would have been inspired to get into shape had Drago gone down via a .50 cal sniper rifle?

Sorry. I was probably thinking about how you got Rambo IVed by COVID in Myrtle Beach.

There are many factors that increase the risk of dying from COVID, with obesity being one of the risks (age being the biggest). But it is unknown if a person loses weight if that will alter their individual risk. It may, but it’s completely unknown. A small but vocal minority was convinced that hydroxychloroquine would treat COVID, but after it was studied it was clear there was no benefit.

Dude bro fat is a risk factor, losing weight lowers the risk. Ummm...

Back