Page 188 of 202 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4032

Thread: Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
    I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some Ö people out there in our nation donít have maps and, uh, I believe that our, ah, education like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for.
    Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me I'm hot. What? Taxes they'll be lower son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do Philadelphia. So do.

Iím grateful he died free.
    Letís get this done!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    How can we reframe the COVID response around vulnerable populations and sick leave? Those are the main issues for people who actually care and adhere to public policies. Am I (or loved ones) save as immunocompromised people? If I get sick, do I have adequate time to recover before I go back to work? And on a broader level, can our institutions handle those absences?

Let the unvaccinated die if thatís what they chose. Give the rest of us tools to protect ourselves from them. Give hospitals the tools to care for them because they have to do so.

Message Board Genius
    Why is that against the rules ?

"NYPD spy plane"
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    "NYPD spy plane"
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Man you are fucking dumb
    Aggressively and proudly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Iím grateful he died free.
    I sort of respect (but won't miss) people that die for their freedumb. If only they didn't take others with them.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    I sort of respect (but won't miss) people that die for their freedumb. If only they didn't take others with them.
    It's such a selfish move, though. It would be one thing if we were dealing with a disease that was not transmitted human-to-human, like tetanus. If people don't want to get their tetanus vaccines, then the only way it affects others is by utilizing healthcare resources when they get tetanus, which fortunately is rare. With COVID, not getting vaccinated increases the transmission (yes, the vaccines are not perfect at preventing transmission, but they clearly work in this regard) and it is so common that healthcare systems are paralyzed by the number of COVID patients admitted. In normal times, we accept patient transfers from small hospitals that do not have the capability to care for complicated conditions. In the past 1.5 months, we have not been able to accept these transfers because the hospital is full of COVID patients (and staff are out because of COVID exposures).

Not to mention that these people dying for their freedumb beg for the vaccine once they get admitted with COVID and start getting sicker.

I think we may have peaked, for this wave, in regards to hospitalizations. We hit 275 and are now at 225. The percent of vaccinated individuals admitted has crept up. For a while it was 5%, then 10%, and now is 21%. That may be because of waning effectiveness or it may be because the unvaccinated admitted patients die (or both, plus omicron's ability to evade).

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    It's such a selfish move, though. It would be one thing if we were dealing with a disease that was not transmitted human-to-human, like tetanus. If people don't want to get their tetanus vaccines, then the only way it affects others is by utilizing healthcare resources when they get tetanus, which fortunately is rare. With COVID, not getting vaccinated increases the transmission (yes, the vaccines are not perfect at preventing transmission, but they clearly work in this regard) and it is so common that healthcare systems are paralyzed by the number of COVID patients admitted. In normal times, we accept patient transfers from small hospitals that do not have the capability to care for complicated conditions. In the past 1.5 months, we have not been able to accept these transfers because the hospital is full of COVID patients (and staff are out because of COVID exposures).

Not to mention that these people dying for their freedumb beg for the vaccine once they get admitted with COVID and start getting sicker.
    Well said.
    I'm on the mend now from my run with Omicron. Vaxxed /boosted. But as I've mentioned previously, no one in my medical office believes in vaccines or masks. So my "smarter than everyone else" boss came to work for a week clearly symptomatic and refusing to mask. And despite my mask and vaccine status - here I am. I fully understand that highly transmissible illness is hard to dodge. But I sure wouldn't feel as salty if people just tried at least a little bit. No telling how many patients he infected.
    /end rant

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    Well said.
    I'm on the mend now from my run with Omicron. Vaxxed /boosted. But as I've mentioned previously, no one in my medical office believes in vaccines or masks. So my "smarter than everyone else" boss came to work for a week clearly symptomatic and refusing to mask. And despite my mask and vaccine status - here I am. I fully understand that highly transmissible illness is hard to dodge. But I sure wouldn't feel as salty if people just tried at least a little bit. No telling how many patients he infected.
    /end rant
    But vaccines and mask mandates are not a work place safety issues.
    Birds are real.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    But vaccines and mask mandates are not a work place safety issues.
    Yes, exactly
    To be honest, I'm surprised patients still come to our office. Some act a little surprised. But mostly just rock along no problem. They either don't care or feel powerless to say anything about it. It clearly sends the wrong message to folks. But until it affects the bottom line nothing will change

Well said.
    /end rant
    Bioterrorism

I keep coming back to b2b's post and feel awful for that situation. Hope you have a chance to move somewhere else.

Well said.
    /end rant
    Wait, a medical office doesn't believe in medical science. I really don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    Wait, a medical office doesn't believe in medical science. I really don't know what to say.
    He lives in Alabama. Nothing more needs to be said.