• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_deathsinlast7days

Florida w/ 479 COVID deaths in the last 7 days. By far the most of any state in the county (Texas is next w/ 271)

Simply mind-boggling. Just came from a "meet the teacher" for my 6th grader here in Central Florida and his first period teacher led with, "thank you for wearing a mask, I have cancer and my chemotherapy has destroyed my immune system." Blows my mind that (a) she has to thank us for wearing a mask and (b) that she probably has no other option but to continue teaching or else loses service credit on her pension or worse, her health benefits...

Pritzker just mandated masks in schools, which we are happy about because it avoids a fight about it at the district level -- and avoids our kids wearing masks and getting shit about it while others don't. Pritzker will bear the brunt of it from the 2&2s and Anuses of Illinois, but it's the right decision.

South Dakota says "hold my beer" with Sturgis coming up. although I guess those dumbasses will all die wherever they came from.

Noem is losing death cult points to DeSantis. She needs to catch up. Hard to believe the situation in FL now is worse than a year ago and we are sending kids to school only because people choose not to prevent the spread of disease.

This is only site I've seen that tracks cases and deaths over time by state.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Since April 1, 2001 when vaccines generally became available to any adult, there have been 5800 deaths in Florida compared to 5636 in California and 3602 in New York.

Also reading Florida has had more child hospitalizations than any other state. Your pro-life party everyone.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Yep. Just did the open house for my kid’s elementary school. Almost everyone wore masks everywhere. Only saw one family unmasked inside. It was encouraging but expected for a very diverse suburban school in a left leaning area.

Remember when Rand Paul refused to quarantine while waiting on his (as it turns out, positive) COVID test results?

This tweet from the Buncombe School Board meeting is going viral.

Have no idea if they did, but it wouldn't be a surprise if Cawthorn's office privately helped organize or promote this protest. It's been happening in school board meetings across the country, and in some cases - like in Nevada - some of the people protesting didn't even live in the school district, and in other cases anti-CRT parent groups are being funded by right-wing think tanks and organizations. No doubt some of the anger is genuine as well. Buncombe is pretty liberal (with some conservative areas) so it will be interesting to see if the protestors are successful.

Just listened to clips from a interview with the Moderna President now advocating booster shots in the coming months,
Interesting; the shot would not be exactly identical to the previous vaccine but an added “boost; to better negate the effects of the Delta variant. They are also studying whether one can take a “different” vaccine that one had previously.
I was also quite surprised to hear to date, only 15% of the world population is vaccinated.

Just listened to clips from a interview with the Moderna President now advocating booster shots in the coming months,
Interesting; the shot would not be exactly identical to the previous vaccine but an added “boost; to better negate the effects of the Delta variant. They are also studying whether one can take a “different” vaccine that one had previously.
I was also quite surprised to hear to date, only 15% of the world population is vaccinated.

I got the Pfizer vaccine, so I'm wondering if they will do booster shots as well.

I'm not sure what he means by Florida having a "COVID Season", and by claiming that he thought Florida's covid numbers would increase it only makes many of his own actions look worse. As one of the replies jokes "We expected this. So I blocked all of my local governments and businesses in my state from preventing the spread of a deadly virus. Next, we’re gonna ban the sale of plywood for the upcoming hurricane season."

Our own esteemed NC Lt. Governor, ladies and gentlemen. The applause he gets in this video is a nice touch. Apparently it's OK for politicians to make the vaccine available and even provide information, but god forbid they actually recommend that people get the vaccine. It's going to be something watching him run for Governor in 2024.

My local school board voted to defy the governor last night and require students to wear masks in school. We’ll see how this goes.

Well you’re in luck. Your brave Florida GOP is going to extend vouchers to anti-maskers.

bb31c4cbf1c1c47839a0be1c9a9b4d7e.jpg

Back