• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Can’t feel sorry for these people.

I’ve heard many times some version of…”it’s suddenly got real for us” when one or several family members are seriously ill or dying from this.

Too many people living in misinformation and disinformation bubbles.

I’ve heard many times some version of…”it’s suddenly got real for us” when one or several family members are seriously ill or dying from this.

Too many people living in misinformation and disinformation bubbles.

Americans have been dying from COVID for almost 18 months. Vaccines have been widely available for 3 months. It’s been real and there’s a real way to fix this. Just willful ignorance and the politicians who feed it with this “do your own research” nonsense. It’s a death cult.

From this piece posted a few pages back, I’d say this is a fairly typical experience…

“You kind of go into it thinking, ‘Okay, I’m not going to feel bad for this person, because they make their own choice,’” Cobia said. “But then you actually see them, you see them face to face, and it really changes your whole perspective, because they’re still just a person that thinks that they made the best decision that they could with the information that they have, and all the misinformation that’s out there.

“And now all you really see is their fear and their regret. And even though I may walk into the room thinking, ‘Okay, this is your fault, you did this to yourself,’ when I leave the room, I just see a person that’s really suffering, and that is so regretful for the choice that they made.”

Cobia said that the strain wears on healthcare workers after the trauma of 2020 and 2021.

“It’s really hard because all of us physicians and other medical staff, we’ve been doing this for a long time and all of us are very, at this point, tired and emotionally drained and cynical,” she said.

Shame there will be no consequences for those that spread disinformation and lies.

Shame there will be no consequences for those that spread disinformation and lies.

This crap is pretty damn close to yelling “Fire!” In a crowded theater.

With the ongoing surge in the Delta variant this was probably inevitable. They're going to get lots of people killed by spreading blatantly false anti-vaxx, anti-mask propaganda as straight news, and it was only a matter of time until the relatives of someone who died from covid and was a regular Fox viewer sued them. As I'm not a lawyer I have no idea if they actually have a legit case, but sooner or later someone was going to sue them, imo.

Looks like about 49% of Americans have been fully vaccinated at this point. What % of Americans have not been vaccinated and were infected at some point? Are we talking 10%? 20%? After we come out the side of this phase, should we be at a pretty high % of Americans with either 2 doses of vax or had prior infection? Like 75%-80%?

Looks like about 49% of Americans have been fully vaccinated at this point. What % of Americans have not been vaccinated and were infected at some point? Are we talking 10%? 20%? After we come out the side of this phase, should we be at a pretty high % of Americans with either 2 doses of vax or had prior infection? Like 75%-80%?

Even at the current 60,000 cases a day, you run that for 3 months and it's just another 2% of the population. So we'll need a much bigger wave to start getting herd immunity. Case numbers have dropped for at least 2 days in LA, consistent with just a mini wave for 4th of July. Then we'll likely have another after memorial day, then another on Thanksgiving, etc. The % of adults vaccinated is in the 60% range , I believe. I don't think half of that remaining population has been infected, maybe 20-30%.

I’d guess that nationally, cases + fully vaccinated probably equals around 58-60% of the population.

Is there any data yet on the percentage of asymptomatic cases for the Delta variant - particularly among fully vaccinated persons who experience breakthrough infections?

He worked for his grandfather from 1994 to 2002 doing advance work before his large-scale crusades, according to an interview with The Winston-Salem Journal. In addition to his ministry work, he also managed a Chick-fil-A in Clemmons, The Winston-Salem Journal reported in 2018. Lotz lived in Mocksville, the Journal said at the time.

Apparently there were 40,000 people at a DMB concert in Charlotte

I mean, PNC only holds 19,500 people. But this is Covid related so might as well more than double all stats. Luke Bryan was there the night before, so maybe if you add the two together and pretend they happened at the same time the Covid reporting will be accurate.

I mean, PNC only holds 19,500 people. But this is Covid related so might as well more than double all stats. Luke Bryan was there the night before, so maybe if you add the two together and pretend they happened at the same time the Covid reporting will be accurate.

When I used to go to phish show back in the late 90's there were frequently twice as many people tailgating in the parking lot and trying to buy ticket than were actually in the show.

Back