• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Vaccines don't work by "choice." They work if enough people take them.

Vaccines don't work by "choice." They work if enough people take them.

You still think herd immunity is achievable with our current vaccines? So quaint! Tell me—does that drive your faith in mandates? Or is it the other way around?

You still think herd immunity is achievable with our current vaccines? So quaint! Tell me—does that drive your faith in mandates? Or is it the other way around?

Why would herd immunity be achievable with past vaccines but not current vaccines? What's the science behind that?

It’s interesting watching a constitutional conservative turn into Tucker Carlson.

It’s interesting watching a constitutional conservative turn into Tucker Carlson.

I’m not familiar enough with Tucker Carlson’s views to know what this means, but I’m not making a constitutional argument. I’m making a scientific one. We will not achieve herd immunity with the present vaccines, which allow for both infection and transmission at too high of a rate. (Admittedly, US data is hard to come by since the CDC, in its infinite wisdom, stopped tracking non-severe breakthrough infections in May, but the Israel data is bad.) Consequently, vaccine mandates as a means to herd immunity are a fool’s errand, unless, possibly, we are going to mandate vaccination and boosters every 4-6 months ad infinitum, which I don’t think anyone has the stomach for, even if it were constitutional.

Makes you wonder what Junebug is consuming to go from a pretty by the book conservative to an anti-vaxxer.

Makes you wonder what Junebug is consuming to go from a pretty by the book conservative to an anti-vaxxer.

If my posts make you think I’m an anti-vaxxer then you’re more small minded than I think I realized.

It’s not perfect. Doesn’t provide 100 percent protection for everyone forever.

I’m not familiar enough with Tucker Carlson’s views to know what this means, but I’m not making a constitutional argument. I’m making a scientific one. We will not achieve herd immunity with the present vaccines, which allow for both infection and transmission at too high of a rate. (Admittedly, US data is hard to come by since the CDC, in its infinite wisdom, stopped tracking non-severe breakthrough infections in May, but the Israel data is bad.) Consequently, vaccine mandates as a means to herd immunity are a fool’s errand, unless, possibly, we are going to mandate vaccination and boosters every 4-6 months ad infinitum, which I don’t think anyone has the stomach for, even if it were constitutional.

you think the reason is 'bad vaccines' and not 'giant portion 0f the population refuses to get vaccinnated'?

Conservatives are taking their political strategy of sabotage worldwide. Make sure it doesn’t work then run on it not working.

Scientifically, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Yeah I love the argument the vaccine doesn’t work when 40%, largely conservative dumb fucks, refuse to be vaccinated. Guess what vaccine people would say works really well, the Measles vaccine, don’t hear a whole lot about Measles in the good old USA except when vaccination coverage in a community drops, then you hear about outbreaks. What is the coverage percentage that causes measles to return you might ask? Why it’s less than 90-92% of a population vaccinated. Well damn that vaccine must not work, I mean can you imagine what measles looks like if only 60% were vaccinated. No you can’t imagine that because vaccines are a fucking public health intervention that’s good for society that have been politicized by a bunch of fucking cowards who themselves are vaccinated in a bid to stay in power and make money.

Seriously. He seems to have used his post-CRT break from the boards to distill his conservative values down to “troll libs”

Definitely seems likely more lost than ever in the “conservative” mediasphere.

Scientifically, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Lawyers seem more prone than average to the usually fallacious notion of being able to become quickly an expert at understanding almost anything.

Occupational hazard, maybe…?

Back