• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

The col nods sagely at the quiet strength of gov Abbott asking for help from the do nothing right federal government.

Effing hypocrites. And when Biden extends the help Abbott and other Texas Republicans will keep attacking him and the evil Deep State LibDem oppressive government as if none of this had happened.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Effing hypocrites. And when Biden extends the help Abbott and other Texas Republicans will keep attacking him and the evil Deep State LibDem oppressive government as if none of this had happened.

That’s how they operate. Biden and Democrats treat conservatives with respect as fellow Americans and they respond “Fuck Joe Biden” and laugh and cultivate white rage to make money. That asshole from Oregon’s interaction with Biden was conservative politics in a nutshell. Yet they think they turn the other cheek.

Last edited:
My wife’s uncle needed treatment for an infection caused by his pacemaker, couldn’t get into any Wake county ICU was told it was full with 100% unvaccinated COVID assholes.

My wife’s uncle needed treatment for an infection caused by his pacemaker, couldn’t get into any Wake county ICU was told it was full with 100% unvaccinated COVID assholes.

Don't tell 2&2. It ruins his bullshit narrative

Jesus...this is insane.

Not surprising in the Anti-Vaxx, CommieLib hotbed of Wake County. 62+% Demos. Tel him to get away from the anti-vaxx hippies and he should find somewhere with ample room.

Not surprising in the Anti-Vaxx, CommieLib hotbed of Wake County. 62+% Demos. Tel him to get away from the anti-vaxx hippies and he should find somewhere with ample room.

Not sure what’s going on here, but i will say Wake County’s per capital rate is the highest in the state right now. I’m guessing we got Omicron first since civilized people with jobs and means live here and were able to pick it up sooner. It’s a mess.

Not sure what’s going on here, but i will say Wake County’s per capital rate is the highest in the state right now. I’m guessing we got Omicron first since civilized people with jobs and means live here and were able to pick it up sooner. It’s a mess.

Some say Wake has the only per capital in NC.

Looks like the Tunnels Scholars and Super Smart Scientists advocating for school closures nailed another one yet again!!!

90 studies of school closures in the Journal of Global Health show children have more than a 2-fold greater risk of infection in household and community settings compared to schools:

Which Tunnels scholars and super smart scientists argued for closing schools after the first few months of this novel disease, ie before we knew how the disease spread?

Well... for starters... here are your thoughts on opening schools looking back 18 months after the pandemic arrived:

August 2021:

Imagine writing this, asserting that it was good policy to reopen schools and business and everything in fall of 2020, as America accrued 100,000 new cases of COVID per day last week and we’ve had nearly 700k Covid deaths 18 months after the pandemic arrived in the country. Maybe keeping things shut a little longer was a good idea, but we had an election

Looks like the Tunnels Scholars and Super Smart Scientists advocating for school closures nailed another one yet again!!!

90 studies of school closures in the Journal of Global Health show children have more than a 2-fold greater risk of infection in household and community settings compared to schools:

Did you read the paper? Schools were safe when they used proper mitigation strategies. From the paper:

"Safe reopening of schools is not possible without proper mitigation plans and strategies in place. Some of the measures, which are suggested by the present guidelines, include repeat testing, avoiding crowded/close contact environments, social distancing, wearing facial coverings, maintaining hand hygiene, and some protective measure of classrooms and environment, including limiting classroom size and ensuring adequate ventilation including open air classes where feasible [130]... Mitigation strategies at schools may incur a considerable financial cost. For instance, it was estimated that an additional 20 billion USD would be needed for the nationwide implementation of recommended school-based mitigation strategies in the US [131].There is currently limited data on and much need for collating evidence from safe school reopening strategies and experience across the world.

Given the highly contagious nature of SARS-CoV-2 and the new variants, a expanding vaccine eligibility for children and adolescents and addressing it’s hesitancy is the most effective strategy for returning children to schools [116]."

Keeping kids in school is incredibly important, but as this study shows, mitigation plans are key. Unfortunately, I think we'll see school closures over the next 4 weeks, as teachers, substitutes, staff, bus drivers, etc. are infected and unable to work.

It’s always funny to me when board anti-intellectuals post academic articles as gotchas. Someone else from The Dally Caller barely read it so they post it here and people who read this stuff for a living can quickly look over it and show how that poster is wrong.

Well... for starters... here are your thoughts on opening schools looking back 18 months after the pandemic arrived:

August 2021:

Posted in August of 2021, yes, but talking about Fall of 2020. But your point still stands, probably.

Did you read the paper? Schools were safe when they used proper mitigation strategies. From the paper:

"Safe reopening of schools is not possible without proper mitigation plans and strategies in place. Some of the measures, which are suggested by the present guidelines, include repeat testing, avoiding crowded/close contact environments, social distancing, wearing facial coverings, maintaining hand hygiene, and some protective measure of classrooms and environment, including limiting classroom size and ensuring adequate ventilation including open air classes where feasible [130]... Mitigation strategies at schools may incur a considerable financial cost. For instance, it was estimated that an additional 20 billion USD would be needed for the nationwide implementation of recommended school-based mitigation strategies in the US [131].There is currently limited data on and much need for collating evidence from safe school reopening strategies and experience across the world.

Given the highly contagious nature of SARS-CoV-2 and the new variants, a expanding vaccine eligibility for children and adolescents and addressing it’s hesitancy is the most effective strategy for returning children to schools [116]."

Keeping kids in school is incredibly important, but as this study shows, mitigation plans are key. Unfortunately, I think we'll see school closures over the next 4 weeks, as teachers, substitutes, staff, bus drivers, etc. are infected and unable to work.

Angus is really good at gotchas. Like, really, really good.

Back