• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

So you believe it was unrushed, fully supervised, and meticulously studied?
Unrushed-British and German companies were already working on SARS 1 vaccine with the same technology so once the DNA sequence was determined it became an easy switch to SARS 2. The technology was already there.
Fully supervised-The FDA panels that reviewed all the data before approving would disagree with your assumptions
Meticulously studied-mRNA has been studied since the 80’s with just this application in mind since the mid ought. It seems certain that most future vaccines will be of this type without the problems with egg based vaccines that we currently have.

A new ABC News/Washington Post poll reveals just how opposed many Republicans still are to getting the covid vaccine, and discusses how some GOP governors are practically begging their citizens to get the vaccine.

"GOP governors implored their residents on Sunday to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, as polling shows that vaccine hesitancy has been driven by Republicans and as the virus's new, more contagious delta variant has caused recent upticks in covid-19 cases in areas with low vaccination rates.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) on Sunday expressed concern about possible "trouble" ahead for Arkansans if the state did not accelerate its vaccination rate. In Arkansas, about 53 percent of adults have at least one dose of the vaccine, compared with about two-thirds of adults nationally. The state has seen a recent spike in covid cases and hospitalizations, driven mostly by the delta variant. Hutchinson avoided saying whether he would reimpose mask mandates if the state's numbers did not improve, and also stopped short of saying Arkansas was about to experience a third wave of covid cases and deaths. However, he emphasized that the state would continue to make vaccines accessible - including, for example, offering free shots at the state's July Fourth "Pops on the River" celebration on Sunday.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll showed 74 percent of people who haven't been vaccinated say they probably or definitely won't get vaccinated - and that the divide fell sharply along party lines. According to the survey, 86 percent of Democrats have received at least one vaccine shot compared with 45 percent of Republicans. Only 6 percent of Democrats said they are not likely to get vaccinated, compared with 47 percent of Republicans, including 38 percent of Republicans overall who said they definitely will not get the vaccine.

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, R, had blunter words Sunday when asked about vaccine hesitancy, particularly among young people, despite the incentives states are offering that include lottery prizes and college scholarships. "The red states probably have a lot of people that are very, very conservative in their thinking and they think, 'Well, I don't have to do that.' But they're not thinking right," Justice said on ABC's "This Week."

Too bad the leader of their party has already convinced many Republicans that getting the vaccine and wearing masks are for sissies.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-governors-implore-residents-overcome-194440369.html

“Despite that, only 52 percent of adults in West Virginia have gotten at least one dose of the vaccine. Justice expressed frustration with the stalled efforts, particularly with getting young people "across the finish line."

"When it really boils right down to it, they're in a lottery to themselves," he said. "We have a lottery that says if you're vaccinated we're going to give you stuff. Well, you've got another lottery for them, and it's a death lottery."

Justice added that he thought the only thing that would compel some holdouts to get vaccinated would be the deaths of friends and family.

"What would put them over the edge is an awful lot of people dying," he said. "The only way it's really going to happen is a catastrophe that none of us want. We just have to keep trying.””

Sometimes you see Justice’s former Democrat side come out. That death lottery line is golden.

Republicans are pretty fucking dumb.

Their neighbors called covid-19 a hoax. Can these ICU nurses forgive them?

… Anthany and Kayla Garcia were leaving the Swirled Frozen Treats next door to Kroger with cups of strawberry shortcake ice cream. The pair from Bristol, the nearby city straddling the Virginia-Tennessee border, said they had been inoculated, but not out of concern about the virus. They hoped to avoid masking up at work, as they avoided it elsewhere.

“I think covid is just a hoax,” Anthany, 27, said.

“Even so, I don’t think a mask would particularly keep you safe,” added Kayla, 36. “If you can pass gas through the cloth of your pants and still smell it ...”

“There hasn’t been any deaths,” Anthany said, dipping a plastic spoon into his dessert….

I guess Kayla would prefer bare ass farts.

Not to mention her smelly fart gas molecules are 100s of times smaller than the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

I mean, I don’t expect Kayla to know that (I had to look it up)…but she should wonder if it’s a reasonable comparison.

Last edited:
Good to know that wearing a mask on my butt won’t stop farty smells.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I’m guessing Kayla has little concept of gas or anything she can’t see having size.

Not to mention her smelly fart gas molecules are 100s of times smaller than the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

I mean, I don’t expect Kayla to know that (I had to look it up)…but she should wonder if it’s a reasonable comparison.

This is like Day 1 of my general chemistry 1 class, even before Covid.

…of course, most ordinary masks aren’t really for protecting against single viruses floating around but rather respiratory droplets of various but generally gargantuan sizes compared to gas molecules…

Cash Money and No Limit coming together for the pro-vaxx song of the summer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...p-vax-that-thang-up-covid-19-vaccine-1193507/

Juvenile has reworked his 1999 classic “Back That Thang Up” as “Vax That Thang Up” as part of a new campaign by the dating app BLK to encourage people to get vaccinated against Covid-19.
The pro-vaccine reboot finds Juvenile linking up with fellow Cash Money great Mannie Fresh, who also appeared on the original track, as well as another New Orleans legend, No Limit’s Mia X. The song marks the first time Cash Money and No Limit have officially collaborated on a project.
“Vax That Thang Up” is as delightful and ridiculous as one would hope, with Juvenile, Mannie Fresh, and Mia X expounding on the importance of getting vaccinated if one wants to enjoy life’s most refined pleasures. “Girl you look good once you vax that thang up,” goes the hook, “You a handsome young brother once you vax that thang up/Dating in real life, you need to vax that thang up/Feeling freaky all night, you need to vax that thang up.”

The t-shirt at 1:11 is money.

I don't think you can remix the phrase dick bandit away

Back