• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump opposes mail-in voting; Installs ally to run Postal Service

Yeaaaaah forget about mail-in voting then. Trump will 100% rig that.

I honestly never thought it was a viable option anyways. Our trust in government is far too low and mail in-voting is too easy to manipulate.

I live in a vote by mail state. It's fantastic. In addition to ballots, we get booklets with information (pro, con, and responses) about all the ballot measures and candidate profiles. Ballots can be mailed or dropped off at one of very many secured boxes from your car. You have like two weeks to do it. No rush, no stress, no missing work.

I think voter turnout on general and midterm years runs between 70-85%. It's 2020, folks. It should be this easy.

I live in a vote by mail state. It's fantastic. In addition to ballots, we get booklets with information (pro, con, and responses) about all the ballot measures and candidate profiles. Ballots can be mailed or dropped off at one of very many secured boxes from your car. You have like two weeks to do it. No rush, no stress, no missing work.

I think voter turnout on general and midterm years runs between 70-85%. It's 2020, folks. It should be this easy.

It should be, but as Trump himself said just recently, if vote by mail were allowed in every state, the GOP would lose far more elections, including presidential elections. So they're going to fight any expansion of voting rights or participation tooth and nail. As long as the nation's demographics continue to shift against them, opposing easier voting methods will be a top priority, and they'll justify it by claiming that most of these easier methods make it too easy to cheat, although most of the actual cases of vote fraud recently have been against Republicans, such as here in NC.

Back