• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan Inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame.

Tony gives Timmy his jacket. Too bad Manu couldn't be there to hear Barkley yell "GINOBILI" once again. "Inside" gets a long overdue award. As I've said before on this board, it's the best show on TV.

It’s pretty cool to see the WF logo on the stage beside the Lakers and Spurs logos.

Tony gives Timmy his jacket. Too bad Manu couldn't be there to hear Barkley yell "GINOBILI" once again. "Inside" gets a long overdue award. As I've said before on this board, it's the best show on TV.

Robinson gets the honor. Tony and Manu in the audience.

Robinson brought him up for his speech. Tony put the jacket on him.
It was good to see Manu in the audience.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty meaningful not to mention the MVP on your fifth championship. But before Kawhi left, Spurs fans thought Timmy was to Kawhi what Robinson was to Timmy.

Went back to watch the jacket ceremony and the rest of the early ceremony. KG's daughter isn't much shorter than Tony Parker and is probably 12 or 13 years old.

Mike Breen has to be one of the most/least known people in the business. I think his voice is recognizable, but I doubt few more than the diehards actually know his name compared to Jim Nantz, Joe Buck, or Al Michaels.

That and the big bruhaha between Kawhi and his agent and R.C., with Kawhi saying he was injured but only wanting to see his doc, not the Spurs' doc, that resulted in Kawhi only playing a handful of games.

I'm not sure where Timmy stood on all of that. I always figured Kawhi just wanted to go back to L.A. He finally got there via Toronto.

In reality, Timmy was probably so nervous he just forgot to mention him, if he ever intended to in the first place.

Last edited:
The Athletic is worth the subscription.

Tennessee fans should be pissed. Tee Martin could have won them two national championships if Manning had left early.

Man, it was cool to read all those old stories again. Glad to see a national audience is getting to read them for the first time.

Yeah, if you are a sports fan and don't see paying for The Athletic as good use of your latte currency, I don't know what to tell you.

I doubt Tim was wining it so any slight was intended. Kawhi the anti Robinson.

While the Chris king finding Duncan is well known, I never heard the ‘Childress and Blucas’ told Odom that they shouldn’t redshirt Tim.

I’m sure it was evident to everyone after a practice or two that Duncan was legit.

We all know about Chris King and Odom going to the VI. The story I want to know is how Rick Barnes discovered Duncan.

Rick Barnes, Texas

The one that got away: Tim Duncan. "We had him committed to Providence. We already had the full allotment but I knew we had a guy that was going to transfer, maybe two. I went to our athletic director and we went to the president, who was a priest at the time. I told him I wanted to sign Tim and he said, 'But you don't have a scholarship.' I said, 'I will.' He wouldn't let me sign him. Tim goes to Wake Forest and the other two guys transfer."

We also know that Timmy said he chose Wake because it was warmer than RI.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...aches-tell-their-story-recruiting-woe-triumph

I’m sure it was evident to everyone after a practice or two that Duncan was legit.

We all know about Chris King and Odom going to the VI. The story I want to know is how Rick Barnes discovered Duncan.

Rick Barnes, Texas

The one that got away: Tim Duncan. "We had him committed to Providence. We already had the full allotment but I knew we had a guy that was going to transfer, maybe two. I went to our athletic director and we went to the president, who was a priest at the time. I told him I wanted to sign Tim and he said, 'But you don't have a scholarship.' I said, 'I will.' He wouldn't let me sign him. Tim goes to Wake Forest and the other two guys transfer."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...aches-tell-their-story-recruiting-woe-triumph

His ball handling skills were certainly a surprise but he was held scoreless 0-7 in that opening loss to UA-Anchorage. But then made the most of his opportunity in spectacular fashion.

Yeah, pretty meaningful not to mention the MVP on your fifth championship. But before Kawhi left, Spurs fans thought Timmy was to Kawhi what Robinson was to Timmy.

Went back to watch the jacket ceremony and the rest of the early ceremony. KG's daughter isn't much shorter than Tony Parker and is probably 12 or 13 years old.

Mike Breen has to be one of the most/least known people in the business. I think his voice is recognizable, but I doubt few more than the diehards actually know his name compared to Jim Nantz, Joe Buck, or Al Michaels.

Probablly because Breen works only NBA basketball and the others work multiple sports seen by millions & millions.

If you watch the NBA then you toally know Breen.

Also, it didn't take anybody long to figure out that Makhtar sucked. Even if he hadn't been declared ineligible, it was a good thing we had Timmy.

I need to hear Duncan say he was ready to commit to PC before I buy Barnes' story.

Rick Barnes, Texas

Also from that article:

Roy Williams, North Carolina

The best discovery: Raef LaFrentz. "I had just buried my mom but I had to go to work, so I went to Winston-Salem for a camp for 17 and unders. I walked around the corner and I ran into Eddie Fogler. He said, "I just saw a kid that looks like a Kansas kid more than any player I've ever seen.' That night I watched Raef play for the first time. If I hadn't forced myself to go to work, who knows what happens?'"

I need to hear Duncan say he was ready to commit to PC before I buy Barnes' story.

Did some quick looking and Duncan visited Hartford as well. He would have come in right after Vin Baker.

He visited both in January and was turned off by the cold. Still want to know how they discovered him and if they visited him. He got an offer from Delaware State too.

Yeah I remember PC was the other hot pursuer and legit contender to land him, this is just the first time I've ever heard he would have gone to PC but for lack of a scholly.

And what a moving tribute by Roy, about Tim Duncan.

Back