• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

Empowered ryala and would’ve empowered JMan. I don’t know what else.

So it wasn't a way to call night and stop the votes. That would have made sense, too.

Also, this might be dumb, but I thought through it (I didn't think through it, I've been on and off drinking and watching Ozark) and I have the 'rona.

I don't know if this means that I'm about to die or if there's someone that can save me (or if I made an indy/maf's live easier by coming out), but figure it's worth knowing for civs so we can best design our response when someone else comes out as being infected.

I've been debating revealing this but since you have, I dont see the harm. I too have the rona. That was part of my reason for pushing on PH. He was the best read I had on the indy. I was hoping killing him killed the virus or at least stopped the spread. I was going to quote Redwing's post. I got the notice I was infected the day after I voted for PH. Not sure if that's related or not.

Of course you'd be butt hurt about it. You talk to yourself half the time. Between rommy sucking eaglez dick, you talking to yourself and da and his intentional dumbtells, I can't blame people for being quiet. Thank god knight is limited to his tweets. I left the board and come back a couple hours later to 12 pages of swamp. No one wants to wade thru that shit. Day 1 is fine. No one knows anything and there is nothing to over-analyze. Some of the shit is funny but it's always too much and too far.

Rant over.

Lol not butthurt in the slightest. And I have to talk to myself because as redwing so clearly put it, no one here really likes me. Especially not WFU.

And just as a serious aside, I post the way I do because I think it's imperative that I interact with as many players as possible so that there will be a track record on me. It makes it dangerous for mafia to leave me alive in an endgame because I have worked a lot to make sure there aren't any gaps in my posting history. Is it too much at times? I'd say probably, borderline definitely. But I also post the way I have in this overnight because I am not super good at taking a bunch of posts over multiple rounds and nicely condensing it down into short, concise reads on posters. I stream of consciousness as I re-read and point out things that I find interesting or suspicious. I apologize if that is too much shit for you to wade thru.

Maybe we don't all want to come out as having the virus. I was throwing myself out there as a test case. There are unknowns about what the virus does that maybe we don't want to tempt by having everyone come out.

So we are no longer doing for funsies in this game?

I mean, for the lols I'm in. But in general, I am not. Before I go to bed tonight, I think I'll vote redwing, but might throw one away intentionally so that I'm not in the way of making big things happen if we get fireworks in the AM.

Based on the night post, it appears to have slowed the spread of the virus and possibly allowed some to recover.

Good point. Maybe the curfew determined when the virus (indy/SK) got to kill and how many kills. So if the curfew came before N4, the virus could have killed two players.

So... just throwing this out there because I’m that person.

If Eagles had used his power night 1, you’re telling me that ryala and JMAN could have accounted for every single night action in the game? Assuming people chose to make them because there was the warning about going out at your own risk. But literally every single move. Mafia hit, mafia roleblock, indy move, etc.

Does that not seem... like a lot? Even with the warning?

So... just throwing this out there because I’m that person.

If Eagles had used his power night 1, you’re telling me that ryala and JMAN could have accounted for every single night action in the game? Assuming people chose to make them because there was the warning about going out at your own risk. But literally every single move. Mafia hit, mafia roleblock, indy move, etc.

Does that not seem... like a lot? Even with the warning?

It is a lot. The thing is, the information is kinda difficult to do much with, no? There are the easy cases like if I saw a maf hit, or if I saw a RB go after someone who claimed a RB. It would not surprise me if this power was actually a decent amount of what civs were given, outside of a cop and some protection

But for what it's worth, its basically confirmed in Jman's writeup. He sees a subset. I see a subset.

OK. Wondering if it was a third and there was another out there.

Explain this thought to me please? I have the same read as you on duff. I post it first. That makes me sketchy but you not?

I went back and looked and your Duff post did come before mine. Your creepy non-normal name complicates things as I’m running through things in my head. Apologies!

But for what it's worth, its basically confirmed in Jman's writeup. He sees a subset. I see a subset.

Um...... no. Confirmed would be “you see a subset and another player/other players see the remaining subset(s).”

Back