• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

Gaterrapin

Reaction score
This OP edit thing is super lame.

Last edited:
RULES

1. If you have any questions about rules or game setup or need clarification on a specific issue, please PM me. Do not post these questions on the thread. I will not be lenient and will err on the side of AA’ing mod talk. If the question is something that I feel that needs to be addressed for all players, I will post a Mod Note in the thread.
  2. Votes must be made by bolding or starring a player’s name (ex: GAt or ***GAt***). If you would like to switch your vote from one player to another, please indicate this clearly by using language such as “switch to ***GAt***.” I will try to provide frequent vote counts, this will help tremendously in making sure these vote counts are accurate.
  3. Two missed votes will result in a AA. If you absolutely know that you will not be available to make a vote during a specific day round, I will allow players to send a proxy vote to me. Any proxy votes will be posted as a Mod Note and will only contain the vote itself.
  4. If there is a vote count that you do not think is accurate, DO NOT POST AS SUCH IN THE THREAD. Refer to Rule #1 and send me a PM, preferably with what is the correct vote tabulation and/or what post # contains a different vote than what I have listed.
  5. The clock I will be using is the clock at time.gov. Day rounds will end at 10:30:59am/1:30:59pm/4:30:59 pm Eastern Time unless otherwise indicated in a Mod Note.
  6. If two or more players are tied at the end of a day round, an instant OT will start. The first additional vote on a player in the tie will instantly end the round and that player will die. If no player has received an additional vote by 20 minutes after the scheduled deadline, the kill will be RNG’d between the players in the tie.
  7. In the event of a player receiving a majority of votes prior to the scheduled end of a round, an instant majority vote will be called and night will start. Toogs and I will make every effort to be around to track majos but please police yourself. In the event no mod is present when a majority vote occurs, a twilight period will start at which time the player receiving a majority of votes will not be allowed to post, but all other remaining alive players may continue to post normally. When I return to the thread, night will be called as a normal majority vote. If a majo has occurred but twilight is not called and posting/voting continues, the majo will still count and no switches after the majo will be recognized.
  8. Majority votes will not occur when there are 6 or fewer players remaining. Majority votes will not occur when there is 20 minutes or less remaining in a round.
  9. Absolutely no night posting. Similar to mod talk, I will not be lenient. I understand some lag between trying to get a post in at the buzzer and the board registering it, but any posts outside of a very narrow window post-“NIGHT” will likely result in an AA unless extreme extenuating circumstances exist. Some discretion MAY come with majority votes. Do not test this.
  10. Every player will receive a PM with their role, including vanilla civs. PMs may not be discussed and/or posted in the game thread. If you decide to claim your role, you may not copy and paste your role PM. Roles may have restrictions surrounding claims.
  11. The mafia team will not receive safe claims as nearly all roles in this game are general mafia roles.
  12. Order of Operations is as follows:
    1) Roleblocking abilities
    2) Nighttime Virus Infections
    3) Watch/Track/Investigate
    4) Night kills and COVID-19 deaths/cures (all operate simultaneously)
  13. Other general rules: No editing or deleting posts, No repping of posts, No angleshooting or cheating

If you feel that there is anything not covered in this ruleset, please let me know.

Player List

1) redwing
2) Romanov
3) Gouda
4) Mako
5) SD3
6) Townie
7) Ph
8) Bern
9) BeachBum
10) Numbers
11) Da
12) Ryala
13) TIC
14) Jman
15) WFU03
16) Gooner
17) Knight -- Donald Trump - Tree Stump. Lynched D1 by the town
18) QT
19) dv7
20) JTP -- Vanilla Civ - AA'ed D1
21) Tim -- Vanilla Civ - killed N1
22) Damo
23) DeaconBlue
24) Eagles
25) Beads
26) Duff
27) Whispering Eyes

Last edited:
Day 1 final vote count (Page 21):

Knight7BeachBumdv7NumbersDuffGoonerPhQT
Ph6RyalaGoudaMakoTurtleInChainsEaglesDamo
Numbers3TownieBernBeads
Da2redwingSD3
Whispering Parleyes1Knight
dv71Romulus
Gooner1WFU03
WFU031Da
Eagles1DeaconBlue
TurtleInChains1Tim
Mako1Jman

Missed vote: Parlay(WhisperingEye)

Day 2 Final Vote Count (post 693, page 35):

Jman8GoonerTurtleInChainsWhispering ParleyesDamoDaDeaconBlueNumbersDuff
SD36GoudaRyalaEaglesQTJmanRomulus
redwing2MakoBeachBum
Eagles2Townieredwing
TurtleInChains2dv7SD3
Gooner1WFU03
QT1Bern

Missed vote: PH, beads

Day 3 Final vote post #999, page 50

Romulus6DamoMakodv7EaglesQTSD3
SD35GoonerNumbersRyalaDaPh
Ph4BernBeachBumTownieWhispering Parleyes
DeaconBlue3DuffGoudaRomulus
Ryala2WFU03redwing
Eagles1Beads

Missed vote: Deacon Blue

Day 4 Final Vote - post 1452 on page 73 was the NIGHT call. No final vote count posted but here it is.
redwing10PhRyalaNumbersTownieBeachBumDuffBerndv7Whispering ParleyesEagles
Ph3GoonerredwingDeaconBlue
Whispering Parleyes2DaQT
SD31Mako
Numbers1SD3
Da1WFU03

Day 5 Final Vote - post 1696, page 85

WFU038GoonerDuffBeachBumDaBernDeaconBlueRyalaNumbers
Bern4TownieMakoQTPh
Townie2dv7SD3
dv71WFU03

Day 6 Final Vote - post 1793, page 90

Bern7MakoNumbersDaRyalaGoonerPhTownie
Mako1Bern

Last edited:
JTP, Vanilla Civ. AA'ed D1
You are a vanilla civ and have no powers but your own wits to help you. You win with the town.

Knight, Tree Stump Trump. Lynched D1 by the town
You are Donald Trump and therefore every post you make must be in Trump twitter-speak. you are limited to 5 posts during daytime rounds but each overnight round you may post as much as you want. Each night you will be given two messages that you must convert to trump-twitter speak and post in the game thread. These two messages will count against your 5-post limit. Upon your death you become a tree stump and you will not be allowed to vote.

In true Trump fashion, your only alignment is to yourself: you will be able to declare yourself a winner no matter which side wins

Tim, Vanilla Civ.. Night Killed N1
You are a vanilla civ and have no powers but your own wits to help you. You win with the town.

Jman, Civ National Guard. Lynched D2 by the town
You are a civ National Guard Member. National Guard Members are everyday citizens that get called up during times of crisis and your power in this game is similar – you are a Vanilla Civ until and unless a curfew is imposed. On the night that a curfew is imposed you will automatically (e.g. no night move is needed) become a one-shot watcher on a subset of players. If any player visits a player you are watching you will receive both the name of the player visited as well as the name of the player doing the visiting. You win with the town.

TIC, Civ Tracker. Night Killed N2
You are a civ Tracker. Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any). You win with the town.

Damo, Vanilla Civ, Night Killed N3

Gouda, Vanilla Civ, Died of COVID-19 on N3
Vanilla Civ:You are a vanilla civ and have no powers but your own wits to help you. You win with the town. HIDDEN: you are an employee at Big Pharma and have discovered a viable test for COVID-19. The CDC is searching for you.

Beads, Civ CDC, AA'ed N4
CDC: You are the CDC and have a solemn-sworn responsibility to protect the town from threats of disease. To help you in this quest you have two powers:
1) you are searching for a viable test for COVID-19. As such you may submit three names each night to investigate. You will visit each of these three during that night and, if any of them possess the test for COVID-19, you will be told that you have discovered the test. After you have discovered the test, each day will begin with a mod post letting the town know how many players (but not which players) are infected with COVID-19. The Player with the test is not aware they have the test. If the Player with the test dies before you find them, you will be notified.
2) because it is your responsibility to keep the public informed, each day you may submit a message (limit 200 characters) to the mod about any topic you choose. This message will be passed to an elected official responsible for public welfare. This general gist of this message will then be posted in the game thread.
You win with the town.

Eagles, Civ Mayor, Night Killed N4
Town Mayor: Once per game DURING THE DAY you may declare a medical emergency for the town. The medical emergency will invoke martial law, establish a curfew, and mobilize the national guard to enforce the curfew. At the start of the night following your declaration of martial law a mod announcement will be made that you have declared a curfew and any night moves will be done at the players own risk. You win with the town.

WFU03, Civ Epidemiologist, Lynched by the town on D5
Town Epidemiologist: You are an Epidemiologist trying to find the source of the COVID-19 outbreak and as such are an Indy Hunter capable of contact tracing in an effort to find the Indy. Each night beginning on N3 you submit a name to the mod and you will receive one of three results: 1) If the player you investigate is the Indy, you will receive confirmation that your investigation is the Indy, 2) If the player you investigate currently has COVID-19, you will be told that player has COVID-19 and you will receive the name of the player who infected your target, or 3) and if the player you investigate is not the Indy and does not have COVID-19, will be notified thusly. You win with the town.

ScreaminDemon3, Vanilla Civ, Night Killed N5

Ph, Civ Cop, AA'ed N6 for Night Posting
Town Cop: You are the cop and this is the standard mafia cop role. Each night, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Civ", "Mafia", or "No Result". You win with the town.

Numbers, Civ Watcher, Night Killed N6
Town Watcher:You are a civ Watcher. Each night, you may watch one player and you will discover which player(s) (if any) visited them. You win with the town.

Last edited:
Rommy - Mafia RB was lynched N3

Mafia RB: You are the mafia roleblocker and this is a standard roleblocker role: you will select one player per night to target. Any non-passive actions that the player attempts to take on the night you target them will be blocked.

Redwing - Mafia goon, lynched by the town N4

Parlay - Mafia goon, died of COVID-19 on N4

Bernie - Mafia goon, lynched by the town on N6

You are a mafia goon with no special powers

Last edited:
General Game Description

This is a fairly generic large game of mafia with the addition of an Indy who represents COVID-19

Win conditions

Town: Must eliminate all mafia and the Indy
Mafia: Must eliminate the Indy and Town can no longer win.
Indy: All remaining living players must be infected with COVID-19. This can be achieved alone or alongside a win by either the town or mafia. Note: you can win whether or not you remain alive.

Player List

1) redwing -- Mafia Good lynched by the town on D4
2) Romanov -- Mafia RB, lynched by the town on D3
3) Gouda -- Civ Vanilla Civ died of COVID-19 on N3.
4) Mako
5) SD3 -- Civ Vanilla Civ was killed N5
6) Townie
7) Ph -- Civ Cop was AA for Night Posting on N6
8) Bern -- Mafia Goon was Majo lynched by the town on D6
9) BeachBum
10) Numbers -- Civ Watcher was killed N6
11) Da
12) Ryala
13) TIC -- Civ Tracker. killed N2
14) Jman -- Civ National Guard Member. Lynched D2 by the town
15) WFU03 -- CIV Epidemiologist was lynched D5 by the town
16) Gooner
17) Knight -- Donald Trump - Tree Stump. Lynched D1 by the town
18) QT
19) dv7
20) JTP -- Vanilla Civ - AA'ed D1
21) Tim -- Vanilla Civ - killed N1
22) Damo -- Vanilla Civ - killed N3
23) DeaconBlue
24) Eagles -- Civ Mayor was killed N4
25) Beads -- Civ CDC was AA'ed for posting 5 minutes after night was called on N3
26) Duff
27) Whispering Eyes -- Mafia Goon died of COVID-19 on N4

Last edited:
THIS GAME IS BEING CO-MODDED

Toogs and i will be co-modding this game. At the end of each day whoever is modding at that point will post a reminder of which mod to send night moves to. I will include Toogs on all role PMs so would strongly suggest sending night moves as a reply-all to your role PM.

All Role PMs have now been sent out. If you did not receive a PM, please PM me.

As dawn breaks on a new day in this sleepy town the age-old battle between the townfolk and mafia begins anew. Except this time, a new threat has emerged. In a far-off land someone ate bat-dick soup and a new virus was transmitted to the human race. In this battle of good, evil, and bat-dick viruses, who will emerge triumphant?

Screen-Shot-2020-01-26-at-8.55.02-AM.png

Day 1 begins now and ends Monday at 10:30 AM

***WFU03***

I once dead talked and night talked in the same post. It was probably the high water mark of my life so far.

Deepest bluest my hat is like a shark fin

***mako***

Back