• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

Just finished ep 4 of Tiger King. So who's going to run the Tiger King mafia? There are so many ways to go with it. Carole and Howard can be the masons and the Big Cat Rescue volunteers can be the civs. Or let the animals be the civs trying to maul all of them.

Um...... no. Confirmed would be “you see a subset and another player/other players see the remaining subset(s).”

True. I could be a lying liar who lies because it's fun to lie. But I got a confirmed result and I think the claim was quite clear with no heat on me.

I’m not saying I absolutely don’t believe you. I just don’t want you to be alive at the end of the game and it to have never been brought up.

I alluded to it before but I was 100% certain redwing was mafia or special. I just hadn’t committed to one yet. He tends to interact more as a civ, even if he is busy. Or at least he used to.

True. I could be a lying liar who lies because it's fun to lie. But I got a confirmed result and I think the claim was quite clear with no heat on me.

Which is 100% the best mafia play to make. Is it not? This would actually be a pretty brilliant play. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sorry for giving you credit. I’ll try not to do it again.

Alright so ph claiming cop?

Can’t figure out if Occam’s razor is he’s telling the truth and this is why he soft claimed day one (before disappearing for long stretches the rest of the day) or if his disappearance after the soft claim was to accrue votes and spread the virus as Indy (if votes for the Indy serve to spread the virus).

Taking everyone at their word about the coronavirus we know Gouda (voted for PH), ryala (voted for PH) and parlay (voted for PH) got the rona. Is there another common thread there? Maybe there’s an X percent RNG chance you get the virus if you vote for the Indy?

I scanned the overnight very quickly so please PM me if you see a mistake

Ph3TownieBernGooner
SD32NumbersMako
redwing2PhRyala
Numbers1SD3

Random thoughts overall.

1. I believe that the moderator’s caution about night actions when Eagles declared martial law hinted at the national guard’s existence. If you broke curfew it makes sense that the national guard would enforce that. The reason it’s a caution is that the national guard would have no idea about alignment since they don’t know the roles available in the game. I don’t believe that this caution indicates that there is false information provided at night.

2. Based on the thoughts in 1 along with Jman’s revealed role, I believe ryala’s claim that he is national guard.

3. Since I believe ryala’s claim I trust that Ph did visit redwing. Ph may be lying about redwing being mafia but since I don’t believe false information was provided last night, it means either Ph is telling the truth about being cop and redwing is mafia or ph is lying. In the latter situation ph could be Indy with powers to visit people which is what ryala saw - while this doesn’t clear ph if redwing does come back mafia we learn a lot based on redwing’s position.

Therefore we will find out the most information based on the above if we lynch redwing and see his alignment.

***switch to redwing***

Similarly I believe ryala and eagles are both clear civs (based on rommy’s generic mafia rb role description I don’t think eagles’ ability to declare martial law is mafia aligned).

Random question for ryala whenever he comes back - I take it you did not have damo in your subset where you could see who hit him?

Don’t believe Ph but also don’t want to kill an uncountered cop claim.

But don’t see the downside in going for redwing today

Redwing

If it's not something simple like virus sends a name each night, then I like option 6. I don't think it could be dependent on the indy quoting somebody, because that would be way too easy for them to spread it. Plus the thought of mods keeping track of who has quoted whose posts seems ridiculous.

Yeah, I probably agree on the logistics of 4 or 5.

I highly doubt it would just be the virus sending a name each night though. That doesn't track with how diseases spread and wouldn't make sense in terms of game flavor. I'm gonna give gat and toogs more credit than that.

Seemed like kind of a slow night. Anything important that I missed?

I mean, WFU said to watch blue who has 2 posts and Romanov tried to run for the entire last round, so he either isn't really paying attention or is mafia.

Do you intentionally not read?

I said that I would be surprised if Rommy didn't try some next level play and put at least one of his mafia teammates in the mafia category. There were two people there: blue and redwing. I couldn't care less how much Rommy led a charge on blue when no mafia had died yet. They could probably sacrifice one for separation if need be.

So, I'll say it again. I think it's likely either blue or redwing is mafia based on Rommy's post.

yeah I think rommy was trying to throw us off somebody with the mafia names. Between him naming redwing as mafia (hoping we would overthink it) and Ph naming redwing as mafia I think that is the play for today. It'll give us good info on Ph

***redwing***

How about only one person stays as a vote for Ph and that person can then tell the game if they caught a case of the Covid?

It reads to me like people are informed if they get infected, is that correct?

If so, I volunteer myself as tribute since I'll be in/out most of the work day today.

Jman6GoonerTurtleInChainsWhispering ParleyesDamoDaDeaconBlue
SD36GoudaRyalaEaglesDuffQTJman
redwing4MakoRomulusBeachBumNumbers
Eagles2Townieredwing
TurtleInChains2dv7SD3
Gooner1WFU03
QT1Bern

***switch to sd3***

I was just going back looking for something else and this jumped out at me. Know there was some discussion about SD3 at the beginning of this round, but would rommy place a vote for his teammate at the buzzer 2 days in a row?

Jman6GoonerTurtleInChainsWhispering ParleyesDamoDaDeaconBlue
SD36GoudaRyalaEaglesDuffQTJman
redwing4MakoRomulusBeachBumNumbers
Eagles2Townieredwing
TurtleInChains2dv7SD3
Gooner1WFU03
QT1Bern

How about only one person stays as a vote for Ph and that person can then tell the game if they caught a case of the Covid?

It reads to me like people are informed if they get infected, is that correct?

If so, I volunteer myself as tribute since I'll be in/out most of the work day today.

Well I can tell you that is not a stipulation to get infected. I haven't voted for PH and I came down with it on night 2 before being cured on night 3.

I don't necessarily enjoy that reveal, but redwings response wasn't any good. Hakeem is on redwing.

Do you intentionally not read?

I said that I would be surprised if Rommy didn't try some next level play and put at least one of his mafia teammates in the mafia category. There were two people there: blue and redwing. I couldn't care less how much Rommy led a charge on blue when no mafia had died yet. They could probably sacrifice one for separation if need be.

So, I'll say it again. I think it's likely either blue or redwing is mafia based on Rommy's post.

If you happen to be right, it was a guess as to what romanov would do, which was a flimsy argument.

Dont know if we can go anywhere else at this point

***redwing***

Back