• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

What about bench clearing brawls ?

14 day quarantine for anybody who comes out of a dugout. Or substantially leaves his fielding position. (e.g. centerfielder or shortstop ending up at pitcher's mound.)

The following rule changes have been confirmed and will be implemented for the shortened season:

- Universal DH
- Runner on 2nd to start each extra inning (will be the player who made the last out the previous inning).
- Three batter minimum rule for pitchers (unless the pitcher gets the last out of an inning
- Anyone who gets within 6 feet of an ump to argue a call will be immediately ejected and subject to suspension
- No spitting (seriously)
- Pitchers may keep a small wet rag in lieu of licking their fingers
- No exchange of lineup cards
- Teams may schedule up to 3 exhibition games before the season starts
- There is no duration for the COVID IL, but a player must test negative twice before returning to play.

Phantom double plays will be back in vogue and the Buster Posey Rule will be strictly enforced.

Reading that Desmond post was brutal. Good for him for seeing an opportunity to make a difference out of a shitty situation.

Is the six foot halo around umpires a judgement call? Maybe they'll have the reply tech run out there with measuring tape?

106466798_10159142997561874_3063926010012583852_o.jpg

They are floating the idea of naming the NVP trophies after Frank Robinson. That would be a great idea. He was the first to win MVP in both leagues. In many ways, he is kind of forgotten or overlooked. When he retired only Aaron, Ruth and Mays had more HRs.

They are floating the idea of naming the NVP trophies after Frank Robinson. That would be a great idea. He was the first to win MVP in both leagues. In many ways, he is kind of forgotten or overlooked. When he retired only Aaron, Ruth and Mays had more HRs.

I'm 100% fine with this. Judge Landis never played the game...it should be named after someone that actually produced on the field.

And the GM of the Year Award should be named after whoever it was with the Orioles who stole Frank from the Reds.

Yes, definitely name the MVP award after someone who is forgotten and overlooked.

No offense to Frank Robinson, but it's a dumb idea. Maybe just don't name it after anyone.

And the GM of the Year Award should be named after whoever it was with the Orioles who stole Frank from the Reds.

I think the O's gave up the legendary Milt Pappas and someone else.

MLB schedules came out tonight. As a Yankees fan, I'm not complaining - we get 7 games at home against Boston, 6 at home vs Tampa, 7 on the road at Toronto* (or who knows where...) and six at Yankee Stadium South in Baltimore and only three games against the Nats.

As for Toronto, I'm thinking there's a chance they might get to play in Toronto this year. Right now, the Blue Jays are all having to stay at the Marriott that's inside Rogers Centre (some rooms overlook the field) for their training camp. I'm thinking there's a chance that they have to stay there this year all season and the visiting team stays there as well, creating a bubble where the only time people inside get to leave the bubble is to go to/from the airport since they don't need to leave the building to get to the park. The NHL is having their hubs in Toronto and Edmonton and creating a similar type bubble, allowing teams to enter the country in the week before they start back up.

I wonder if they ever put the permanent blinds in the rooms overlooking the field at Rogers Centre. A bunch of people either got caught or intentionally were fucking in those windows during games.

I wonder if they ever put the permanent blinds in the rooms overlooking the field at Rogers Centre. A bunch of people either got caught or intentionally were fucking in those windows during games.

The website still advertises baseball stadium room views as part of their room selection. I wonder if I can get a free upgrade to one of those rooms if I stayed there...I'd take a regular room with a stadium view over an upgrade to a suite with a city view.

MLB schedules came out tonight. As a Yankees fan, I'm not complaining - we get 7 games at home against Boston, 6 at home vs Tampa, 7 on the road at Toronto* (or who knows where...) and six at Yankee Stadium South in Baltimore and only three games against the Nats.

As for Toronto, I'm thinking there's a chance they might get to play in Toronto this year. Right now, the Blue Jays are all having to stay at the Marriott that's inside Rogers Centre (some rooms overlook the field) for their training camp. I'm thinking there's a chance that they have to stay there this year all season and the visiting team stays there as well, creating a bubble where the only time people inside get to leave the bubble is to go to/from the airport since they don't need to leave the building to get to the park. The NHL is having their hubs in Toronto and Edmonton and creating a similar type bubble, allowing teams to enter the country in the week before they start back up.

These schedules being so unbalanced is ridiculous. It’s 60 games. For example, the Braves play 3 against the Orioles and 6 against the Red Sox while the Nats are the opposite. That could literally be the division race right there.

Markakis opts out after observing Freeman's situation. Unlikely to be the last player to make that kind of call...

These schedules being so unbalanced is ridiculous. It’s 60 games. For example, the Braves play 3 against the Orioles and 6 against the Red Sox while the Nats are the opposite. That could literally be the division race right there.

I've only looked at a subset of schedules, but it seems that when it comes to Interleague, it's six games (3 home/3 away) against the team that's your designated divisional rival (meaning the interleague team you play every year). For the Braves, that team is Boston (likely due to the fact that when this was decided years ago, it was a throwback to the days of the Boston Braves...that and every other team in the East had a natural rival in Orioles-Phillies, Rays-Marlins, Blue Jays-Expos and Yankees-Mets). Just thinking though, the logistics of getting a totally balanced schedule would be damn near impossible though given that travel wants to be minimized.

I've only looked at a subset of schedules, but it seems that when it comes to Interleague, it's six games (3 home/3 away) against the team that's your designated divisional rival (meaning the interleague team you play every year). For the Braves, that team is Boston (likely due to the fact that when this was decided years ago, it was a throwback to the days of the Boston Braves...that and every other team in the East had a natural rival in Orioles-Phillies, Rays-Marlins, Blue Jays-Expos and Yankees-Mets). Just thinking though, the logistics of getting a totally balanced schedule would be damn near impossible though given that travel wants to be minimized.

Probably going to need some KemPom/Power Rankings.

Back