• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

Gerritt Cole doctored the test to avoid this:

It's a shame that if the Yankees have the best record in baseball and the Twins win their division, the Yankees sadly will not be able to pick the Twins as their first round foe. I guess we'd have to wait until later rounds to continue our playoff ass-whupping of them.

Yeah this season is already a disaster and the first game hasn’t even started. The whole team needs to be quarantined until the tests come back. They should not be playing tonight, whatsoever.

Also Rizzo said they’re just treating it like any other injury. Stupid.

My barber got his results this afternoon after going to get tested this morning. What in the living fuck is MLB doing?

Easily 16 teams for me. I can see some value in the runner on second to not overexhaust pitchers in a condensed season, and when you may have dudes dropping due to COVID based off whatever MLB is doing there so no reason to further tax rosters.

The compelling aspect of the regular season was going to be hypercharged pennant races with only 10 teams making it, now that's gone. And it's juts absurd to be changing the format of the league hours before it starts

The compelling aspect of the regular season was going to be hypercharged pennant races with only 10 teams making it, now that's gone. And it's juts absurd to be changing the format of the league hours before it starts

Very good point.

Broadcast should probably find a way to make plays like Stanton’s HR feel more exciting on TV. That ball was obliterated and with no fans there it felt very quiet and weird

Why is Angel Hernandez behind the plate for the opener? He’s just awful

Ok, so a little more clarity on the playoffs.

First and second place teams in each division make the playoffs, plus the two best teams after that. None of the bullshit of picking teams, etc...It'll be 1v8, 2v7, etc. Higher seed gets to host all three games.

That's slightly better.

Back