• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

Reds player tests positive. They played the Pirates last night.

Reds player tests positive. They played the Pirates last night.

Today and tomorrow's games are postponed. And in the next week, they've got four games against St. Louis. Guess that means even more doubleheaders for St. Louis later this year.

Didn't see this mentioned but Cleveland isn't messing around with their guys not taking their responsibility seriously. They sent Plesac home after he got caught going out to eat. Clevinger stood up for him in a team meeting but didn't admit to going out but somebody snitched him out (rightfully so). But he was snitched on until after he had travelled with the team, potentially putting the whole team at risk. Plesac has blamed the media for blowing this out of proportion in a video he filmed while he was driving, which he has also caught a lot of rightful flak for. The two were recently optioned off of the active roster to the training facility.

I am baffled by Clevinger as his best friend Trevor Bauer has been one of the most outspoken on the league's actions & inactions. I wonder & hope Bauer ripped him a new one. I would be outraged at Clevinger if I was a teammate.

Another tidbit about the mess in Cleveland: https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1295353377073897472

I forgot that Carrasco is a leukemia survivor. That just makes their actions even more ludicrous.

Plesac made it worse with his stupid post-incident non-apology car video.

Looks like the Indians can hold out Plesac and Clevinger for another two weeks and save future money and team control on each player. Normally, there would be a backlash if the Indians took those steps to limit Clevinger's and Plesac's future earnings/free agent and arbitration rights, but no one, including their teammates, will defend Plesac or Clevinger if they lose key service time rights.

I wonder what the chances of them getting dealt are. I think Clevinger was rumored to be on the block in the offseason, but that feels like a year ago so I could be wrong.

And yes, Plesac blaming the media was absurd, never mind the fact that he made the video will driving.

How about those Orioles.

Billy Ripken did a bit on MLB Tonight where Severino, Alberto, Nunez and Santander have better numbers cumulatively than Betts, Bellinger, Turner and Seager so far this season. Which is insane. The O's are probably paying all 4 of those guys like $3MM total for the year before being prorated.

All four of those Orioles were either waived by other organizations or left exposed to the Rule V draft by their original teams. The O's lineup is legit. That said, their starting pitching is awful, and they have a ton of games left against the Yankees, who always bludgeon Baltimore. Still kind of funny that the Orioles are at least competitive as they went into the season as part of their continuing tank mode.

Wow that Crush Davis deal was bad. I see they are still giving him playing time.

Billy Ripken did a bit on MLB Tonight where Severino, Alberto, Nunez and Santander have better numbers cumulatively than Betts, Bellinger, Turner and Seager so far this season. Which is insane. The O's are probably paying all 4 of those guys like $3MM total for the year before being prorated.

Pedro Severino has been my sleeper stud on my fantasy team this year. Picked him up a little over a week ago and he's been killing it.

Tigers call up the #1 pick of the 2018 draft, Casey Mize. Mize is expected to start on Wednesday.

Reds announcer caught using an anti-gay slur on air in Game 1 of the double header. This is the 5th inning of Game 2 when he tries "apologizing".

I loathe people hiding behind their faith during false apologies like that.

I loathe people hiding behind their faith during false apologies like that.

Had a co-worker use the "I'm a woman of faith" horseshit as a potential excuse for not working with our Diversity & Inclusion team. It was all I could do not to throw up in her fucking face.

Meanwhile, if this Tatis thing means a permanent end to the unwritten rules mentality, I'm for it.

Meanwhile, if this Tatis thing means a permanent end to the unwritten rules mentality, I'm for it.

There are some unwritten rules I don't mind keeping.

That being said, swinging on any pitch in any game situation is 100% legit. This ain't little league, this is Major League Baseball. Screw your feelings if your down big and some hits a slam off a 3-0 pitch. Rather watch that then see the pitcher walk in the run.

Taking from Lebatard, but good lord that homerun call is absolutely hilarious. Like Brockmire writers could not come up with something funnier.

Back