• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

Stanton really likes playing in San Diego...comes up with a big grand slam dagger in the ninth...

Starling Marte out for the NLDS with a broken finger. Big loss for the Marlins.

Also, Mike Clevinger is starting tonight for the Padres. If he is healthy and on, Padres have a shot. Big "IFs".

Yankees-Rays going to a deciding Game 5. Cole is starting on three days rest for the first time, while Tyler Glasnow is going on two days rest.

Yankees-Rays going to a deciding Game 5. Cole is starting on three days rest for the first time, while Tyler Glasnow is going on two days rest.

Rays are planning on a full bullpen game. They saved their key arms last night. Would be surprised if Glasnow goes more than 2 IP; would not be shocked if the Rays took him out after 3 batters. Cole has never pitched on less than 4 days rest according to Baseball Reference. Glasnow threw 93 pitches on Tuesday. FWIW, if the Yankees win, Cole would likely not be available until Game 3, next Wednesday, for the Astros series. The dirty Astros seem to be the big winner by the Rays/Yankees series going to the limit.

Rays are planning on a full bullpen game. They saved their key arms last night. Would be surprised if Glasnow goes more than 2 IP; would not be shocked if the Rays took him out after 3 batters. Cole has never pitched on less than 4 days rest according to Baseball Reference. Glasnow threw 93 pitches on Tuesday. FWIW, if the Yankees win, Cole would likely not be available until Game 3, next Wednesday, for the Astros series. They seems to be the big winner by the Rays/Yankees series going to the limit.

I'd expect Glasnow to go 2 IP if he's got decent enough stuff - that top half of the Yankees lineup is vulnerable to the strikeout and chasing curveballs (I'm looking at you Judge and Stanton). Assuming Stanton keeps his normal spot in the five hole, they might let him go for one more hitter (likely Urshela).

Guess I have to root for the Rays the rest of the way. At least they will lose the least by not having fans in the stands.

Chapman blowing series-ending games has become an October tradition.

Great game. So apropos for Brosseau to take Chapman deep to end the Yankees season.

White Sox fire Rick Renteria. Surprising since they had their best season in more than a decade.

Braves v. Dodgers series price: ATL +172 Dodgers -215

Game 1: 7-0 Max Fried v. 1-0 Walker Buehler -- Lefthanded starters have given the Dodgers trouble.

Rays dominance in 1 run games (16-5) continues.

White Sox fire Rick Renteria. Surprising since they had their best season in more than a decade.

Braves v. Dodgers series price: ATL +172 Dodgers -215

Game 1: 7-0 Max Fried v. 1-0 Walker Buehler -- Lefthanded starters have given the Dodgers trouble.

Rays dominance in 1 run games (16-5) continues.

Not surprising to White Sox fans that they fired Renteria, nor Cubs fans for that matter. He was good at developing but not at managing. They need someone who is going to make better in game decisions.

The White Sox roster is loaded. Should be an attractive job.

seems like the understood agreement was always for Renteria to step away when it was time for the Sox to compete

World Series starts tonight. The Rays #28 in 2020 payroll (only the lowly Pirates and Orioles paid less) versus the Dodgers #2 in 2020 payroll (only the Yankees paid their players more). Dodgers are heavy favorites (-200).

Kershaw tries to improve his spotty post-season record versus hard-throwing Tyler Glasnow.

That was insane. Amazing hustle by the Rays. Just an incredible clutch effort.

Pretty crazy that in the last three days we've seen two players in two different sports trip and fall while trying to score and the outcomes were completely different.

I've watched thousands of games in my life. This might have been the craziest back and forth blow for blow game with the craziest knock out punch.

What a game.

Baseball is fun.

Uhhhhhhhh that was bonkers

I was thinking, ok we’re tied and at least going to extra innings OH WOW THE GAME IS OVER

I've watched thousands of games in my life. This might have been the craziest back and forth blow for blow game with the craziest knock out punch.

What a game.

Baseball is fun.

I haven't watched baseball regularly in about 15 years. Honestly, I think the tension of watching the Braves for 162 games only to choke in the 163rd, 164th, and 165th just did me in.

I don't have any nails left after those last few innings. Watching the Rays this offseason has been fun but unnerving.

Back