• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

Marlins name Kim Ng as their GM. Highest front office position held by a woman (not including owner) in any of the four major North American Sports. Congrats.

189706647.jpg

30 years working in MLB at 51 years old. Very impressive resume.

She's likely the first MLB GM with a U. of Chicago degree. Congrats to her and the Marlins.

If you have never seen Sandy Koufax pitch now is your chance. Seventh game of the 1965 World Series. Dodgers vs. Twins. Koufax vs. Jim Kaat. MLB network. A different brand of baseball.

$24 million guaranteed suddenly became zero. Smart.

Clears even more payroll for the Mets new owner to spend on free agent talent.

Becoming the Cleveland Baseball Team? Or did they announce plans to have a new nickname by the time the baseball season opens?

They are announcing a new name this week. Guessing it will be the Spiders.

My Cleveland buddy thinks it’s going to be the Guardians, which apparently has some significance related to a bridge in Cleveland

I'd go Rockers with the logo being the first chord of the first rock and roll song.

In researching the first rock and roll song, one of those considered is Rocket 88 which is about an Oldsmobile. Rocket 88 lends itself to great nicknames (Rockets, 88's) and logos:
ca163ec4f1e86b1856822f6c6a94186a.jpg

I'd go Rockers with the logo being the first chord of the first rock and roll song.

In researching the first rock and roll song, one of those considered is Rocket 88 which is about an Oldsmobile. Rocket 88 lends itself to great nicknames (Rockets, 88's) and logos:
ca163ec4f1e86b1856822f6c6a94186a.jpg

I’d go with a big old mug of John Rocker.

It was the name of the first professional baseball team in Cleveland. Cy Young even played for them a little while.
So when they play the Diamondbacks, it'd be Spiders and Snakes....but that ain't what it takes to love me.

Back