• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Think You Will Get Coronavirus ?

Do You Think You Will Get Coronavirus ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually felt that I would get it this whole time and wasn't surprised at all by my positive diagnosis. Surprised it's taken until now to contract it.

I wish it were easier to get an anti-body test cause I wanna know if I had it yet, but mostly out of curiosity

I wish it were easier to get an anti-body test cause I wanna know if I had it yet, but mostly out of curiosity

Did this back a few months ago and was surprised I hadn't had it back in March with all of the travel I was doing, especially to NYC.

I was wish it were easier (quick/free)... I'd do it every few months, for sure.

non-politically, it's crazy how opaque the healthcare system is when it comes to testing options via which providers, eligibility for which test type, etc.

Check with your local Red Cross. Around here, if you donate blood they run an anti-body test and let you know the results. I did it back in August and got the results back in like two days.

From someone that has validated these things, the antibody testing is not necessarily what the media makes it out to be, like its a sure thing that you will certainly know that you have previously been exposed. Most of the antibody testing is looking for responses to the spike protein and the nucleocapside protein where they may be the well known responses but also pretty much the neutralizing antibodies. Which then you are asking two different questions, were you exposed vs do you have immunity? However the current antibody testing doesn't necessarily answer either of those questions definitively, only a positive response in the test means yes to both questions, a negative response doesn't actually mean no to either question.

From someone that has validated these things, the antibody testing is not necessarily what the media makes it out to be, like its a sure thing that you will certainly know that you have previously been exposed. Most of the antibody testing is looking for responses to the spike protein and the nucleocapside protein where they may be the well known responses but also pretty much the neutralizing antibodies. Which then you are asking two different questions, were you exposed vs do you have immunity? However the current antibody testing doesn't necessarily answer either of those questions definitively, only a positive response in the test means yes to both questions, a negative response doesn't actually mean no to either question.

Yeah, that's what the Red Cross tells you and it's what my personal physician said when I asked him about getting tested (he basically said it most likely wouldn't have any useful clinical value to him in treating me). Still, I went into it thinking if it did come back positive (it didn't) I'd at least have a little less anxiety. Either way it wasn't going to change how I went about my daily life.

Back