• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I'd probably agree with you if this was 2016, but 2020 Trump is a different man. He's way more unhinged, just look at his rally in Tulsa the other night. The dumb fuck spent the entire rally addressing media slights against in an awkward and psychotic way.

All Biden has to do is slightly twist the knife during the debate and Trump is only going to fucking lose his shit. The syphilis has completely taken control of his brain.

Sorry, but this is being very generous to 2016 Trump. He was a wildly unqualified racist clown-show candidate in 2016.

All it took was watching one episode of the apprentice to know what a shitshow this was going to be

Yeah, Siena released a bunch of swing state polls in AZ, FL, NC, PA, MI and WI. Biden is up 6-11% in all of those polls. And the senate polls continue to show that Peters continues to have a 10 point lead in MI, and Tillis is slightly trailing in NC. Just a few months ago I thought getting the senate was a long shot - we would need a clean sweep of AZ, CO, NC and ME. But now it's increasingly looking like that clean sweep is a possibility, and convincing Bullock to run might even get MT.

Yeah, Siena released a bunch of swing state polls in AZ, FL, NC, PA, MI and WI. Biden is up 6-11% in all of those polls. And the senate polls continue to show that Peters continues to have a 10 point lead in MI, and Tillis is slightly trailing in NC. Just a few months ago I thought getting the senate was a long shot - we would need a clean sweep of AZ, CO, NC and ME. But now it's increasingly looking like that clean sweep is a possibility, and convincing Bullock to run might even get MT.

I think MT is in the bag. Bullock is hugely popular and is rated very highly for handling the pandemic. Daines is somewhat of a clown.

Sorry, but this is being very generous to 2016 Trump. He was a wildly unqualified racist clown-show candidate in 2016.

Yep - all you had to do was watch one debate, and it was clear he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Inaccurate blunders on policy matters and/or just obvious lies and made up stuff. But hey, he had mean names for the other candidates and promsied to build a wall to keep M13 from killing us all, so what's not to like? Oh yeah - and Mexico was going to pay for it!!

Last edited:
I would say that all of our fears of a trump presidency have come to fruition with the exception of bumbling into a war and even that came close with North Korea. If only there had been some red flags during his candidacy to warn us about just how incompetent, insecure, and ignorant he really is

I would say that all of our fears of a trump presidency have come to fruition with the exception of bumbling into a war and even that came close with North Korea. If only there had been some red flags during his candidacy to warn us about just how incompetent, insecure, and ignorant he really is

Why would anyone push us towards a war? If you kiss his ass enough, you can trick him into giving you everything you wanted anyway.

North Carolina should be moving the same way Virginia is moving. Increasing population centered in the urban areas that are democratic and population drain in rural areas. At some point North Carolina will turn to bluish purple from reddish purple.

I think MT is in the bag. Bullock is hugely popular and is rated very highly for handling the pandemic. Daines is somewhat of a clown.

There hasn't been much, if any, MT polling yet that I recall, so I'm not ready to go in the bag just yet. Cook has it as a toss-up, and Sabato has it a lean Pub. I tend to agree that Bullock's relative popularity should rate that at least a toss-up, but we need to see some polling.

Wakelaw13, I don't agree. Both the NC presidential and senate races were polling very closely 2-4 months ago. But Trump's numbers nationwide have eroded a bit over the last 2 months because of his handling of the rona and the protests. It's getting commonplace to see Biden up by 5-9 points in swing state polls. While I doubt there will be much ticket splitting, however, Cunningham's recent leads have lagged Biden's leads by 2-3 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cunningham's actual November numbers lag a bit behind Biden's because a number of folks voting for president and not for senate.

Edited to add that I agree NC is just running a bit behind NC in becoming bluish purple. The other thing I'd say about VA is that it really isn't as blue as it's seeming. The problem with the Pub party in VA is it's still dominated by the religious right. We have Jerry Jr and Pat Robertson here, and at the grass roots level, that faction of the party usually gets its way. Over the last decade, they've continued to nominate religious right types and Trumpites for statewide office, and white suburbanites are increasingly rejecting those types. Fortunately for us, the state Pub party hasn't realized they're fighting losing culture battles.

Last edited:
North Carolina should be moving the same way Virginia is moving. Increasing population centered in the urban areas that are democratic and population drain in rural areas. At some point North Carolina will turn to bluish purple from reddish purple.

And we could see some of the blue from Charlotte bleed into SC over the next decade or so.

And we could see some of the blue from Charlotte bleed into SC over the next decade or so.

tenor.gif

I gotta say, these ads about Trump building the strongest economy ever seem a bit out of touch at the moment.

Back