• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

so dems haul in $26 million in the 24 hours since the Harris announcement.

so dems haul in $26 million in the 24 hours since the Harris announcement.

One thing for sure is that CA has plenty of money to go get and having someone from the state on the ticket can only help get that money where it can be put to good use.

Huge if true.

EebJd5gXsAE5LLX

Re capital gains, I see both sides. We want to incentivize investing, but on the other hand it seems ass backwards to tax working at a higher rate than passive earnings from doing nothing but having assets. I’m cool with increasing capital gains, but only if there’s a corresponding cut on middle class level income taxes.

Re capital gains, I see both sides. We want to incentivize investing, but on the other hand it seems ass backwards to tax working at a higher rate than passive earnings from doing nothing but having assets. I’m cool with increasing capital gains, but only if there’s a corresponding cut on middle class level income taxes.

Why? Our tax rates are quite low overall, and middle class people make essentially nothing from capital gains. What do the two have to do with each other?

The main difference between Abrams and Harris’ careers is their states. Abrams ran against a Republican voter suppression machine. Harris barely had to run against Republicans.

Are you out of your mind? Harris had far more difficult primaries and the Cooley election in 2010 was razor thin. And please enlighten me of your time working on Georgia campaigns where you can prove active suppression. She ran against a bad candidate and still lost.

center, there has been plenty written about how Secretary of State Kemp rigged the game so candidate Kemp could become Governor Kemp. Even more has been written about all the ways voting rights of Black people have been infringed upon especially in the South.

Here's a good opinion about Kamala.

https://www.facebook.com/rashizi/posts/10157258113965877

More on Kamala - Sorry, I’m on one tonight 😬
It’s a little bit too convenient for white folks to develop a capitalist, patriarchal, white supremacist society, with capitalist, patriarchal, white suremacist systems, and then ensure that the only way for oppressed people to be financially secure and attain any level of power or influence is through the maintenance of these systems; only to flip the script once an oppressed person nears a pinnacle of power and use their ability to learn and play the game against them.
Growing up, I remember so much talk about the need for us as Black kids to grow up and be doctors and lawyers, and “change the system from the inside”. To do this, you must be invulnerable - but, if you’re a woman, also just vulnerable enough. Don’t be soft - they’ll paint you as weak. Be strong but not abrasive, or you’ll be unapproachable, “hard to work with”, and in short, a bitch. And while this is true for women in general, it is particularly true for Black women, to combat the myriad stereotype that plague us any time we show up in authenticity. In spite of our highly educated status, Black women are still underemployed and underpaid, across all levels of education. Which is a gross reminder that no matter how hard you work or how educated you are, white America has to grant you access. And how do you get that access? By making them feel safe. By making sure they see you as on the “right” side. And by making compromises, because you know how important it is to the long game that you or someone like you has a seat at the table. But it also requires putting aside a part of yourself. Acting strategically. Taking a lot of L’s in favor of one big W in the long run. Quieting the lion inside that threatens to out you, knowing that you will never have the privilege of transparency or vulnerability, and that your missteps will never be granted grace.
There is a conversation to be had about Kamala’s role as AG and how that positions her as a candidate, but that’s a conversation for the Black community to have. The white community needs to have a different conversation: a conversation about how you set the goal posts unreachably high and then when we finally score a goal, you have the audacity to question the rules that put us in scoring position in the first place. This country doesn’t have a Black female prosecutor problem; we have a white supremacy problem. And criticizing Senator Harris and charging her with crimes against Black people is an act of willful hubris and cognitive dissonance when it comes from white folks. Before you go off on Senator Harris, white folks, think very, very hard about the ways in your life you have contributed to the maintenance and perpetuation of racist, oppressive systems, and the ways you benefit from them. And then reflect on how those systems and benefits you and everyone you know help maintain dictate the choices of any BIPOC, any immigrant’s child, any Black woman, who aspires for excellence.
I could tit-for-tat this all day: for every strike on her record, I could point out something she did to make things more fair for Black folks, for women. But that’s actually not the point. The real point is, that she didn’t do anything white prosecutors across the country haven’t done, but she did do a lot of things that they haven’t done. Would she have been in a position to do any of the positive if she hadn’t established credibility among white folks by drawing hard lines in other areas? Of course not. It’s the same thing as when folks talk about Obama not doing enough for Black people. He was our Black President, he wasn’t the president of Black people. If you want to continue to remain in a space where you can impact powerful change, you have to find a way to get and then keep that seat at the table in the first place.

Investigated by no less than Elijah Cummings in 2019. No report.

You belittle Harris, and her experience, with the comparison.

Last edited:
There is a conversation to be had about Kamala’s role as AG and how that positions her as a candidate, but that’s a conversation for the Black community to have. The white community needs to have a different conversation: a conversation about how you set the goal posts unreachably high and then when we finally score a goal, you have the audacity to question the rules that put us in scoring position in the first place. This country doesn’t have a Black female prosecutor problem; we have a white supremacy problem. And criticizing Senator Harris and charging her with crimes against Black people is an act of willful hubris and cognitive dissonance when it comes from white folks. Before you go off on Senator Harris, white folks, think very, very hard about the ways in your life you have contributed to the maintenance and perpetuation of racist, oppressive systems, and the ways you benefit from them. And then reflect on how those systems and benefits you and everyone you know help maintain dictate the choices of any BIPOC, any immigrant’s child, any Black woman, who aspires for excellence.

Go fuck yourself you racist ass. Harris is a fine choice and I don't need to be white or black to use objective evidence to show it.

Go fuck yourself you racist ass. Harris is a fine choice and I don't need to be white or black to use objective evidence to show it.

Are these 2 paragraphs supposed to go together?

Don’t you dare question white supremacy or center will call you a racist.

The first paragraph is PhDeac's quote. I can decide Harris' qualifications objectively without reference to race. Ph can't, or more importantly won't. Thus, he is is a racist.

The first paragraph is PhDeac's quote. I can decide Harris' qualifications objectively without reference to race. Ph can't, or more importantly won't. Thus, he is is a racist.

You thought I wrote that? I quoted it.

And that’s not even close to a definition of racism. Maybe part of the problem is people like center who believe they ignore race so they’re not racist.

There are times you can ignore race and there are times you can't. Placing somebody a heartbeat from leading the free world or leading the free world are times you have to do so.

There are times you can ignore race and there are times you can't. Placing somebody a heartbeat from leading the free world or leading the free world are times you have to do so.

Hmm not sure what this means... or do i?

Why? Our tax rates are quite low overall, and middle class people make essentially nothing from capital gains. What do the two have to do with each other?

I think you misunderstand me. Right now, income from doing nothing is taxed at lower rates, generally, than from working. That isn’t fair in my opinion.

Back