• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

you didn't even mention Kamala Harris who he's likely going to

Does she fall into that 3rd safe category? She's female, mixed race, a senator and a senator who could easily be replaced by a person of blue hue. OTOH, she ran a shitty campaign, pissing off the party in the process, and isn't trusted by progressives because she was a prosecutor like Klobuchar was. And she doesn't exactly help geographically in the midwest or with the elderly, who are starting to flock toward Biden in the polls. I see her as a better and safer choice as AG than veep. The more I think about it, the more I see Tammy2 as checking every box. Fairly well known senator from the midwest, mixed race, easily replaced by someone of a blue hue, army vet who lost both legs fighting for her country, doesn't appear to be hated by moderates or progressives. By contrast, Cortez-Masto is less experienced and less well known, and we could lose her seat. And in our unstable coronavirus world, too much could happen to Whitmer to make her damaged goods. If you want a safer MI governor, I'd take Granholm. The other thing about Tammy2 that is enticing is just think of the possible nicknames Trump would have for her and the things he might tweet about her in a moment of rage. And she has a great life story.

Tammy2 also coined "Cadet Bone Spurs." She'll give as much as she takes from Trump.

Amash is a good voice to run against Trump, but I worry that he would steal valuable Never Trumper votes away from Biden without getting any of Trump's hardcore 42% who will definitely show up to vote so they're more like 46%. Amash makes it more likely Trump will eek out some 47-46 wins that could be 48-47 for Biden otherwise.

Please no to Amash. Any vote he takes from trump is a vote that likely would have gone to Biden. Michigan looks to be turning blue again and that is the one state he could get even 3 percent, just enough to swing it to trump. No thanks dude

Latest PPP poll has Biden +1 in Texas.

Texas has been trending purple for awhile, thanks to a growing Dem majority in its larger urban areas, and some suburbs. But I still doubt that Biden can win the state this year, as the GOP grip is probably just still too strong. But if Biden can remain competitive in TX and force the GOP to put resources and funds there that could be spent in PA or WI or FL or AZ, it will still be a worthwhile effort. Also, as Beto's Senate campaign showed, even a narrow loss can lead to substantial Dem gains in down ballot races across the state. Maybe Biden can continue that trend, even if he loses the state as a whole.

I wouldn’t say she’s the safest pick but she’s definitely a smart pick.

Duckworth is a good extemporaneous speaker. She’s got a great life story. She’s grew up in SE Asia and went to high school in Hawaii and is a senator from Illinois similar to Obama. She’s basically got his childhood bio and decade of service before becoming president.

She’s Thai/Chinese and a Daughter of the American Revolution. She’s a military hero with a visible disability. She even coined the nickname “Cadet Bone Spurs” for Trump.

She’s the first Senator to give birth while in office and even got Mitch to change the Senate rules to allow children on the Senate floor so she could nurse her daughter.

She’s an all around badass who would gladly take the fight to Trump and Pence.

I’m glad she’s getting mainstream press. I was hoping she’d run for a President but it would have been asking a lot so soon after giving birth to her daughter.

A Biden/Duckworth ticket carries a great deal of personal tragedy and the ability be the “empathizers in chief” that we are missing right now.

Maybe if I ask a fourth time, I can get an answer.

Trump and Biden are running for President in 2020. Both have sexual harassment allegations against them. Should both candidates be investigated to determine the veracity of these complaints?

Y/N?

Yes. Of course there should be investigations.

This makes me so fucking bummed. 2020, Rapist v Rapey. Fucking hell.

For me, the real concern will arise will be when there is a second assault accuser. One accuser in a 40 year high profile public career, maybe the woman is lying, two accusations, or three, and the probability goes way up that Biden is rapey.

Something tells me Senator Duckworth would be willing to make another sacrifice for her country. I'm not sure it is fair to ask, however. I still like Amy and the Biden could nominate Harris for the Supreme Court. Although I'd still like to see Merrick Garland get his chance.

tenor.gif

For a year RJ has been telling anyone who would listen Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were bullshit. And it came true

I wouldn’t say she’s the safest pick but she’s definitely a smart pick.

Duckworth is a good extemporaneous speaker. She’s got a great life story. She’s grew up in SE Asia and went to high school in Hawaii and is a senator from Illinois similar to Obama. She’s basically got his childhood bio and decade of service before becoming president.

She’s Thai/Chinese and a Daughter of the American Revolution. She’s a military hero with a visible disability. She even coined the nickname “Cadet Bone Spurs” for Trump.

She’s the first Senator to give birth while in office and even got Mitch to change the Senate rules to allow children on the Senate floor so she could nurse her daughter.

She’s an all around badass who would gladly take the fight to Trump and Pence.

I’m glad she’s getting mainstream press. I was hoping she’d run for a President but it would have been asking a lot so soon after giving birth to her daughter.

A Biden/Duckworth ticket carries a great deal of personal tragedy and the ability be the “empathizers in chief” that we are missing right now.

she’s CHINESE!

Whitmer, Abrams, Harris, and Klobuchar are my four picks for VP for Biden. All have different upsides for different reasons, but all would contribute a great deal to his chances.

Back