• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Why? If the goal is to win (and the goal 100% this year HAS to be to win), she increases the odds a substantial amount for Biden.

Why? If the goal is to win (and the goal 100% this year HAS to be to win), she increases the odds a substantial amount for Biden.

Show your work.

I mean, yeah. What is the evidence that picking a former state legislator, completely unvetted, with no federal experience, will somehow help Biden's chances?

Isn't the goal every election 100% to win? That's how the other side views it.

You definitely don't want to finish worse than second place.

I think Adams may be more likely than Harris due to CA being "LOCK" and GA (hopefully RACIOST, immoral cutting of "voter rolls" will be overturned) getting into play. She had about ten INCREDIBLE years in the GA Assembly, TREMENDOUS legal background and stands bigly for what she believe.

Believe me, as VP candidate, Stacey Adams could out the vote "bigger than ever" due to getting SCREWED the last time.

She decreases his odds. She won't deliver him Georgia. She's viewed as very liberal. Biden needs to win "swing" voters. He isn't losing the base of the democratic party.

For fucks sake this is not hard. You run towards the center. You pick the governor of Michigan as your running mate. You win. You don't pick Warren, Abrams, Harris or anyone else who is from a state you will win or lose anyway.

Harris is the no brainier choice.

Biden is losing his shit and she would make a tremendous president.

Unless I am missing something, this is a really dumb poll or takeaway from a poll. Townie, do you think people should be more concerned about sex harassment and misconduct allegations against someone with 25 credible sex assault allegations who lies for a living, cheats on his pregnant wife, raped his first wife (as she stated under oath), grabs pussies, etc., . or the candidate who has one sex assault allegation against him, or are we just doing false equivalencies now? Do I have to say they are the same to satisfy you?

I think a reasonable takeaway is that dems are taking the one credible sexual assault claim against biden more seriously than pubs are the 20+ credible sexual assault claims. And that independents seem to slightly think Trump is worse than Biden on those grounds.

without a listed margin of error, it definitely is

Unless I am missing something, this is a really dumb poll or takeaway from a poll. Townie, do you think people should be more concerned about sex harassment and misconduct allegations against someone with 25 credible sex assault allegations who lies for a living, cheats on his pregnant wife, raped his first wife (as she stated under oath), grabs pussies, etc., . or the candidate who has one sex assault allegation against him, or are we just doing false equivalencies now? Do I have to say they are the same to satisfy you?

I think you should take sexual assault allegations seriously on their own, instead of doing shitty whatabout comparisons between the candidates. A contest for the least rape-y President isn't very appealing.

She decreases his odds. She won't deliver him Georgia. She's viewed as very liberal. Biden needs to win "swing" voters. He isn't losing the base of the democratic party.

For fucks sake this is not hard. You run towards the center. You pick the governor of Michigan as your running mate. You win. You don't pick Warren, Abrams, Harris or anyone else who is from a state you will win or lose anyway.

Assuming a VP candidates appeal ends at the state line of their home state is a bit of an oversimplification, IMO. Kirsten Gillibrand and Michael Bloomberg are both from NY, but the would bring wildly different voters on board. (Bloomberg would be horrible pick, Gillibrand would be a pretty good pick, but she's already made enough compromises by endorsing Biden, and I'd hate to see her make more. It really sucks that the Dem party is in this position).

I think a VP pick should appeal to an area that isn't necessarily the presidents strength. Biden already does pretty well with white midwestern men, (particurlarly in the rust belt). I think Harris would be helpful with the women's vote as well as the "can assume the presidency if Biden's health fails" vote. The more I think about Duckworth, the more I like her as a pick. I'd like Ayanna Pressley to get more experience, but since I was seriously considering Mayor Pete, I'd be on board with that one.

I think a reasonable takeaway is that dems are taking the one credible sexual assault claim against biden more seriously than pubs are the 20+ credible sexual assault claims. And that independents seem to slightly think Trump is worse than Biden on those grounds.

It's credible to you, because you don't want any part of Biden. To many, it's not.

It's one thing to be asked about something from 25+ years ago and misremember. It's quite another to plan a rollout of that complaint and then change every time you are asked about it.

I think we need to set the bar a little higher for what constitutes a credible accusation. And number of decades passed should be a qualifier.

I think you should take sexual assault allegations seriously on their own, instead of doing shitty whatabout comparisons between the candidates. A contest for the least rape-y President isn't very appealing.

Keep on trying to re-elect Trump. The next 30-40 years of federal court and the Supreme Court should be pleasant for you.

Biden and Trump are the only two people who can win. If you don't vote for Biden, you are voting for Trump.

I'd argue that Shoo has a good point from an available data perspective and our ability to formulate a solid opinion on Biden's culpability. I think of this like a presence/absence survey. If you go to a place 50 times to survey for an item or an animal species (in this case sexual assault) and at one site, lets call it Trumpville, you see the species 25 out of 50 visits, you are pretty certain it is truly there, even if a few of those visits you were mistaken and thought you saw it but it wasn't actually observed on that occasion. If you go to a second site, let's call it Bidenville, and you only see it one time out of 50, it is pretty reasonable to conclude, or at least suspect, it was a mistake that one time and that the animal maybe isn't actually there. I laid this same concept out during the Kavanaugh debacle, once we had the second and or third accusation, the probability that he actually committed sexual assault went way up. This is why a thorough investigation of some sort on this one observation is really important, or a deep vetting of those other site visits to see why maybe the animal/assault wasn't detected.

Last edited:
I think we need to set the bar a little higher for what constitutes a credible accusation. And number of decades passed should be a qualifier.

no it shouldn't. Unless you want to tell that to all the adult victims of pedo Catholic Priests, or the myriad of other victims who don't report until they've had extensive therapy, or a wider justice movement compels them to. There are multiple people that confirmed that Reade told them years ago she was assaulted. The fact that we just learned about it now, doesn't mean it's new.

Back