• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I'd argue that Shoo has a good point from an available data perspective and our ability to formulate a solid opinion on Biden's culpability. I think of this like a presence/absence survey. If you go to a place 50 times to survey for an item or an animal species (in this case sexual assault) and at one site, lets call it Trumpville, you see the species 25 out of 50 visits, you are pretty certain it is truly there, even if a few of those visits you were mistaken and thought you saw it but it wasn't actually observed on that occasion. If you go to a second site, let's call it Bidenville, and you only see it one time out of 50, it is pretty reasonable to conclude, or at least suspect, it was a mistake that one time and that the animal maybe isn't actually there. I laid this same concept out during the Kavanaugh debacle, once we had the second and or third accusation, the probability that he actually committed sexual assault went way up. This is why a thorough investigation of some sort on this one observation is really important, or a deep vetting of those other site visits to see why maybe the animal/assault wasn't detected.

Sure, but we're not bird watching, and there's no simple analogy for claiming a woman is lying about being raped by a US Senator. I'm not saying that you're calling her a liar, but your mathematical analysis doesn't stand up in this instance. Not all murderers are serial killers, and not all rapists are serial rapists.

Last edited:
no it shouldn't. Unless you want to tell that to all the adult victims of pedo Catholic Priests, or the myriad of other victims who don't report until they've had extensive therapy, or a wider justice movement compels them to. There are multiple people that confirmed that Reade told them years ago she was assaulted. The fact that we just learned about it now, doesn't mean it's new.

She was an adult. Not a child. It's not the same thing. I'm sorry that she was tramautaized for 27 years of watching Biden carry on as senator and vice president of the US and just now decided that it was time to dig up her half assed complaint that she says she filed.

She was an adult. Not a child. It's not the same thing. I'm sorry that she was tramautaized for 27 years of watching Biden carry on as senator and vice president of the US and just now decided that it was time to dig up her half assed complaint that she says she filed.

Ouch; just asking.

Did you felt the same way when Kavanaugh had a similar accusation levied against him?

What ? Plenty of women in the democratic party are saying they don't believe the allegation. Where's your outrage toward them ?

The NYT and WaPo and Joe Biden have all said the allegations are not credible or at least not provable. Time to move on.

If you're a woman and want to have your claim heard decades later, sure, have at it. But don't be surprised when people tell you they're sorry to hear that, but they're not sure they believe your constantly changing story.

Ouch; just asking.

Did you felt the same way when Kavanaugh had a similar accusation levied against him?

Kavanaugh's accusers didn't change their stories over and over and over again. And one testified under oath. Nor did she work for Kavanaugh's opponent.

They are not at all alike.

Ouch; just asking.

I was skeptical of her claims but feel like they were more credible. But at the same time they didn't belong in the hearings. Keeping in mind how hard it is to prosecute a sexual abuse claim 5 minutes after it happens, investigating one over 30 years later is a fool's errand.

Sure, but we're not bird watching, and there's no simple analogy for claiming a woman is lying about being raped by a US Senator. I'm not saying that you're calling her a liar, but your mathematical analysis doesn't stand up in this instance. Not all murderers are serial killers, and not all rapists are serial rapists.

I am not calling anyone a lair, I just saying that in the Biden situation uncertainty is reasonable, that's the important part of the analogy. A single accusation in a 45 year public career means that a thorough investigation is warranted because false positives are possible. I spent time yesterday arguing that there are no good reasons to dismiss her accusations outright, so I am clearly in the camp of taking the accusation seriously. But, ultimately Shoo is right here, that we will be faced with a decision between Trump and Biden, sucks, but that is the decision we have before us. One is almost certainly a rapist, and one might be. Unless we get some sort of thorough investigation or a few more accusations against Biden by November that's basically the decision we are faced with.

It's more than a little exhausting having the usual suspects again only focusing on holding the dem nominee accountable but not a fucking peep about the guy in office. We know you pretend to claim you give a shit about the over 25 women who claim to have been assaulted by Trump, but you only harp on this from one side -- the side where most people actual agree that both people should be investigated (whatever that entails). It's beyond tiresome. I will never get it.

It's more than a little exhausting having the usual suspects again only focusing on holding the dem nominee accountable but not a fucking peep about the guy in office. We know you pretend to claim you give a shit about the over 25 women who claim to have been assaulted by Trump, but you only harp on this from one side -- the side where most people actual agree that both people should be investigated (whatever that entails). It's beyond tiresome. I will never get it.

Thank you.

History is what bothers me, especially when comparing between the two, which you don't even need to do because of history. Biden, while known to be handsy, has this single claim at this time against him, no other history of sexual assault. Lets say that at the time of his actions he was caught, punished, and what amounts to rehabilitated with from that point forward a clean record. Is he disqualified from doing anything with his future? Does that single incident define him and not the rest of what he has done from that point forward? If you believe that then you don't believe that people can change, once X than always X? Its very similar to past voting actions, given the time and place in comparison to what they say and do currently. Its like black face for the VA governor, or homophobic emails from 20 years ago, even Kavanaugh history does that define the person at the present day.

The NYT and WaPo and Joe Biden have all said the allegations are not credible or at least not provable. Time to move on.

Well if the NYT and WaPo have cleared Joe Biden's good name... that's good enough for me and should suffice for all Americans.

Case closed.

It's comical to watch some of you hacks on the left twist yourselves into knots to immediately discredit this accusation against Biden (that multiple people corroborated shortly after it occurred) when you went all-in on the Brett Kavanaugh is a gang rapist theory based on an accusation pushed by Michael Avenatti with zero corroboration because you didn't want Orange Hitler's nomination for the supreme court to be confirmed.

Well if the NYT and WaPo have cleared Joe Biden's good name... that's good enough for me and should suffice for all Americans.

Case closed.

It's comical to watch some of you hacks on the left twist yourselves into knots to immediately discredit this accusation against Biden (that multiple people corroborated shortly after it occurred) when you went all-in on the Brett Kavanaugh is a gang rapist theory based on an accusation pushed by Michael Avenatti with zero corroboration because you didn't want Orange Hitler's nomination for the supreme court to be confirmed.

Show your work, Anus.

Dems cannibalize themselves in way with these sexual assault allegations that goes way beyond giving accusers a chance to be heard and examining the facts.

Thank you.
Will you all stop with the whatabout bullshit. If the subject is Biden then I'll talk about Biden. I'm not a fucking Republican and Trump isn't my parties candidate and I don't need to rehash all his terrible deeds over and over just to satisfy your shitty partisanship.

It must take a lot of character to turn rape allegations into a political horse race "well my candidates rape allegations are less credible than *your* candidates rape allegations. ugh

History is what bothers me, especially when comparing between the two, which you don't even need to do because of history. Biden, while known to be handsy, has this single claim at this time against him, no other history of sexual assault. Lets say that at the time of his actions he was caught, punished, and what amounts to rehabilitated with from that point forward a clean record. Is he disqualified from doing anything with his future? Does that single incident define him and not the rest of what he has done from that point forward? If you believe that then you don't believe that people can change, once X than always X? Its very similar to past voting actions, given the time and place in comparison to what they say and do currently. Its like black face for the VA governor, or homophobic emails from 20 years ago, even Kavanaugh history does that define the person at the present day.

Not only that. He has no record of marital infidelity AND he has a good record on women's rights.

Fine, go prove anything.

Somebody could accuse you of poisoning somebody's well or butt raping a horse 30 years ago. You could say you didn't do it till you're blue in the face, but some dipshit on a message board would never believe you, despite a lack of proof and a lack of similar, more recent allegations.

Back