• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

BTW, the name of the thread is Biden v Trump, so make a choice.

Bernie is out of the race. You can't move to another country and vote for him. And even if you could, he'd lose there too

Fine, go prove anything.

Somebody could accuse you of poisoning somebody's well or butt raping a horse 30 years ago.

Are people not running for office really afraid of having their career derailed by false accusations?

You could say you didn't do it till you're blue in the face, but some dipshit on a message board would never believe you, despite a lack of proof and a lack of similar, more recent allegations.

There are lots of dipshits on message boards spreading false accusations about public officials. There are much fewer people putting their own name out there as a victim of sexual assault by a powerful person. There are obvious reasons for this.

BTW, the name of the thread is Biden v Trump, so make a choice.

Bernie is out of the race. You can't move to another country and vote for him. And even if you could, he'd lose there too

Nah, I'm gonna vote for Biden, the guy who repeatedly and publicly lied about how his wife and daughter died.

I think part of the issue is the GOP gives 0 fucks about sexual assault, and in response many on the left feel a moral imperative to handle such allegations in a more responsible way. They just haven’t figured out how to do that, and in light of the way the right handles it, those same people on the left are particularly sensitive to anything that could possibly suggest they’re letting politics influence their handling of an assault allegation. Thus - on an unsubstantiated allegation alone those folks are willing to drag their candidate through the mud because to do anything less than that is to deny an accuser because of partisanship.

This isn't a courtroom, Biden is not on trial, and I think it's much more likely he assaulted Reade than that she's lying. Simple as that. Only those two people know what happened, but I think it's far more likely that a powerful man would finger one of his female employees without consent, than that same woman would lie 20 years later about Biden assaulting her.

And that’s fine. I don’t recall you explaining why it’s more likely that Biden assaulted her than she is not being truthful, but whatever. You’re going to believe an accuser if they weren’t in a position of power vis-a-vis the accused, and that appears to be what you’re going to hang your hat on. You make a lot of conclusory statements that guide your thinking, but what are they supported by? Your gut feeling? I’d prefer to examine each case based on agreed upon facts and make a best judgment. We make decisions all the time based on imperfect information, but the weightier they are, the more information we usually require.

Even in the court of public opinion, everyone should think about how they would want to be treated as the accused. Accusers have for far too long not been given the time of day, but it doesn’t mean the accused should have no rights either.

And in saying all this - if more comes up over the next few months to better substantiate Reade’s claim, all reasonable people can reassess.

This isn't a courtroom, Biden is not on trial, and I think it's much more likely he assaulted Reade than that she's lying. Simple as that. Only those two people know what happened, but I think it's far more likely that a powerful man would finger one of his female employees without consent, than that same woman would lie 20 years later about Biden assaulting her.

Except Biden is a person who has been in the national public eye for nearly 50 years and this is the only such accusation. Add to that, the accuser has changed her story recently after planning telling her story to the press. Plus, she worked for an opponent of Biden.

She's going to need some real corroboration.

That is such a low blow. His wife and daughter were killed in a car accident. This is indisputable.

what's a low blow? the only thing I'm reading that's indisputable is that his story has changed without proof of the other person's guilt.

it's a low blow to turn a tragic accident into manslaughter.

You guys keep on attacking and weakening Biden. You're 30+ years younger than I am. You'll have to deal with Trump's courts, Trump's Supreme Court, his racism, hate and criminality a lot longer than I will. and the Silver Medal will be keeping Moscow Mitch in charge of the Senate.

Each of these attacks on Biden strengthens Trump. Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.

My bad, you want what you want. You want it now and if the collateral damage includes Trump & Mitch, that'll show everyone.

You think these guys are rough on Biden now, wait till he wins.

Nah, I'm gonna vote for Biden, the guy who repeatedly and publicly lied about how his wife and daughter died.

What is the supposed lie about the death of his daughter and first wife?

What is the supposed lie about the death of his daughter and first wife?

He repeatedly claimed they died from a drunk driver, when that was not the case. Said the guy had a liquid lunch instead of a solid lunch. Apologized to the family of the truck driver for the misstatements, but then also has said his family died from a drunk driver after the apology was made. It's pretty horrible.

A daily reminder for RJ that nothing written on this board affects anybody's real lives, from undecided voters and prospective recruits.

Except, that is, when you threaten people IRL, which you seem to do a lot more often than the modal OGB poster.

Back