• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Lolz. He's completely flip-flopped on several major issues just this week - the stimulus package and now the debate among them. It's a terrible look. And I don't think he's going to get in-person debates, because almost no one at this point believes that he's recovered yet. Many commentators today pointed out that Trump desperately needs to change the direction of his campaign, and this debate may be one of his final chances to do so. His aides have probably told him that he really, really needs to do this. We'll see if he just folds completely and agrees to a virtual debate as the Commission wants.

looking forward to getting my M&M Tears mug for when Pete runs

lol buddy if you think Pete is going to challenge Kamala then you should...oof, I don’t even know how to finish that joke. Pete isn’t going to run against Kamala.

He may have been talking about Pete running for Indiana senate.

Agreed that he needs to move up in political offices to make a stronger presidential bid. There's a lot of variables for 2022. As you said, off-year elections after a Democrat is elected POTUS haven't gone well for the Democratic Party since Clinton's first election in 92. But if the economy picks up and the pandemic ends that may change things. Another option would be for Pete to take a cabinet post in Biden's cabinet. That would also give him a good deal of national exposure and visibility.

Heck, he could move to Michigan or Maryland for that matter if he were working with Biden and run in a different state.

Joe needs to skip the debate. nothing but downside at this point - just run out the clock on this thing. let trump continue to hang myself by doing increasingly paranoid and desperate shit that will 100% backfire.

Joe needs to skip the debate. nothing but downside at this point - just run out the clock on this thing. let trump continue to hang myself by doing increasingly paranoid and desperate shit that will 100% backfire.

Agreed. Only agree to the debate if Donald and his entire entourage are actively tested and everyone tests negative. These tests will be done by a third party and made public.

It is not an unreasonable ask and Trump would never agree to it because he wants to control the information.

I am simply shocked that the most transparent administration ever would not be forthcoming about the president testing negative

Agreed. Only agree to the debate if Donald and his entire entourage are actively tested and everyone tests negative. These tests will be done by a third party and made public.

It is not an unreasonable ask and Trump would never agree to it because he wants to control the information.

Biden shouldnt appear in the same place as Trump or his team at all before the election. Trump has too much to gain from Biden getting sick not to try to pass on the covid.

Biden shouldnt appear in the same place as Trump or his team at all before the election. Trump has too much to gain from Biden getting sick not to try to pass on the covid.

This. Does anyone really think Trump gives a shit about Biden’s health? Trump clearly didn’t give a shit about the donors he exposed himself to, his own staff in the White House and the two secret service officers he locked himself in a car with. I would not put it past Trump to actively try to infect Biden or at least try to put him into a situation where he could easily be infected (like an indoor debate hall where your entire entourage removes their masks after taking a seat). Trump shouldnt get the benefit of the doubt and we should all assume the very worst these days.

Have an in person debate but only if Trump has to wear a hazmat suit the entire time inside a bubble. If in-person is so important to him strategically it should outweigh the optics right?

Have an in person debate but only if Trump has to wear a hazmat suit the entire time inside a bubble. If in-person is so important to him strategically it should outweigh the optics right?

wouldn't want Biden to be coached, so has to be in-person no matter what

Mannnn, I’m just glad all of this absurdity is documented, word for word, from his own mouth either in writing or on video. If the world goes on, they won’t have to rely on a secondhand account of exactly how insanely fucking stupid this presidency was.

What is Pelosi doing right now? Everything is going in Biden's favor, he has all the momentum and the focus is on Trump's mistakes, and she's trying to push through a 25th Amendment bill? Just let him bury himself - stop making it about you!

As we understand Trump’s treatment, he would still be on corticosteroids. He can’t be “cleared” until his fever has resolved for 24 hours without medications that can suppress a fever. I am very disappointed in the comments coming from his doctors. It is totally irresponsible.

Mannnn, I’m just glad all of this absurdity is documented, word for word, from his own mouth either in writing or on video. If the world goes on, they won’t have to rely on a secondhand account of exactly how insanely fucking stupid this presidency was.

This timeline is just insane, in the future people are going to look back and be like how stupid were those supporters. Its fucking mind blowing, you can argue about little things here and there but some of the stuff you have the truth and then you have complete insane nonsense.

What is Pelosi doing right now? Everything is going in Biden's favor, he has all the momentum and the focus is on Trump's mistakes, and she's trying to push through a 25th Amendment bill? Just let him bury himself - stop making it about you!

I couldn't agree more. Just when Biden can use every cross over vote he can get, there she is pissing so many off with her inane rants.
And people wonder why so many centrists believe that once elected, the Biden Presidency will veer dramatically left.

Back