• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I'm growing more confident this is a Biden landslide.

FL - 68% of all GOP registered voters have voted. 67% of all Dems. 52% of all Indies. And, on a relative basis, a more significant percentage of GOP registered voters in Miami-Dade have already voted than have the % of Dems. Bottom line - unless Indies broke hard to Trump, Biden should be in front in FL right now. And I'm not sure there are enough votes out there for Trump to catch him.

NC - Similar to FL.

MI - I'm admittedly cherry picking data, but over 2.8M people have voted. Well over 1M people over the age of 65 have voted. And they were expected to go big to Biden. I'm estimating more than 50% of the vote is already in the bag. And the old and young turnout looks solid, both groups for Biden. Again, are there enough votes left from his base to take the state? I tend to think its a tough climb.

The theme over and over for me is to see how these big early vote numbers have broken. If Biden is ahead I'm skeptical in many of these states if Trump has enough remaining voters to catch up.

And then look at this map - the most heavy pre-vote counties in FL are ones that went to Trump in 2016. Collier, Sumter, St. John's and Martin. Meanwhile Broward and Miami-Dade have more modest turnouts and more Dem focused. https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/FL.html

And check this out in NC. 28% of the early vote did not vote in the 2016 election - over 1M voters.

Last edited:
Anxiety level infinity. Been up since 4ish and anticipate not being capable of sleep (maybe a couple booze induced hours) for the next 36ish hours.

I think we all can agree that Pennsylvania is the stupidest state this go-around.

I think we all can agree that Pennsylvania is the stupidest state this go-around.

I think Florida has the "stupidest state" cemented forever. they should put it on their welcome sign or license plate.

All quiet on the western front at the polls in Greensboro.

Interesting. So how far can they fly. I've only seen them go maybe 30 yards in the air. And we do have foxes in the city. In fact, I've seen more of those than normal as well over the last year or so (but perhaps I'm just anecdotal as it isn't like they are super common to spot).

I don't really know what kind of distance they can get, but a few 100 meters surely. Here is a video of several turkey's flying away after they were afixed with radios for a habitat and space use research project. Seems like they can get up in the air and away from a perceived threat pretty quickly. Galliforms, (Turkeys, grouse, ptarmigans, quail, etc.) are explosive flyers. They like to wait until the last second to fly and then explode out of their hiding spot, scaring the shit out of a predator in the process. It's a great defense mechanism. If you see them and they see you from a distance and they lose the element of surprise then they will run away and hide rather than fly.

I don't really know what kind of distance they can get, but a few 100 meters surely. Here is a video of several turkey's flying away after they were afixed with radios for a habitat and space use research project. Seems like they can get up in the air and away from a perceived threat pretty quickly. Galliforms, (Turkeys, grouse, ptarmigans, quail, etc.) are explosive flyers. They like to wait until the last second to fly and then explode out of their hiding spot, scaring the shit out of a predator in the process. It's a great defense mechanism. If you see them and they see you from a distance and they lose the element of surprise then they will run away and hide rather than fly.

Well, that definitely could be headlong into a windmill blade. I read up on the google last night. Said they burn off some chemical in their chest muscles really fast and generally can go about 100 yards (give or take it appears) before they run out of gas.

Birdman, have you ever hunted turkey? I don't like to shoot things, but all my buddies claim that it's the most enjoyable hunting experience the Appalachias have to offer. Apparently turkey are very cautious and intelligent birds.

Birdman, have you ever hunted turkey? I don't like to shoot things, but all my buddies claim that it's the most enjoyable hunting experience the Appalachias have to offer. Apparently turkey are very cautious and intelligent birds.

But they don't taste great. Turkey deli meat is about all I care about. Fried turkey is the best, but it's nowhere close to chicken.

Back