• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Those are typically state crimes. It isn't Joe Biden's fault for everybody in this country who has served a prison sentence for a drug crime for instance..

But Bernie's vote for the crime bill can't be held against him according to the left.

Only a week after this tweet.

"contrary to conventional wisdom"'

lol i wish politico paid me to write deks

Before Minneapolis, it made sense to have a person of color on the ticket. After Minneapolis, it's basically mandatory.

who do you think has a better criminal justice platform, rj, kamala harris or elizabeth warren?

who do you think has a better criminal justice platform, rj, kamala harris or elizabeth warren?

Dumb question. Obvious RJ answer is the former deputy city attorney and state house rep from south Dekalb County.

It doesn't matter. It's perception. Having two old white people on the ticket could temper black turnout in an election where turnout will defeat Trump. Look what happened in PA, MI, WI in 2016. If minority turnout is the same as 2012 or 2008, Trump loses. If it isn't, he has a chance.

Right now, Harris may be #3 among the minority options behind Abrams and possibly even Demmings (I got a bunch of crap mentioning her a few months ago). The long shot is still Tammy Duckworth, of Asian ancestry, a decorated and disabled vet.

I figured that was the answer. The credentials matter less than the perception. Very disappointing!

But it's reality.

I disagree. Biden will take something like 90% of the black vote if current polls are to be believed. So if the perception you're aiming at is appeasing white liberals, do you think they favor representation over credentials? I agree with that part of the take.

I'm just simply not an electoralist, and I think a person who would be better at the job would be a better pick.

Biden needs high turnout in the AA community. I think the odds of him driving additional turnout among the Sanders constituency is less than driving strong AA turnout.

Something else you have to think about is that Biden is highly unlikely to run in 2024. Warren will be 75 at that time. This could create a divisive primary that gives the GOP a chance. By picking a younger, qualified candidate, winning in 2024 is much easier.

Another aspect is having Warren in the Senate would be more helpful to the country than being VP.

If Biden wins with a Warren VP, I imagine she'd easily win the nomination in 2024 if he stepped back. She could pick a young VP.

Warren's seat is safe, I'd hope she'd tap Pressley.

Back